Novation Impulse sounds offtune suddenly

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hey, so recently i uninstalled everything on my system & reinstalled it from scratch due to the firmware update failure. Now my Impulse 49 midi keyboard would just go off-tune suddenly while im playing. And i've tried closing the application and re-opening it again, it would play in tune for a couple seconds and again goes off-tune. Please help !!! I've tried manually updating the firmware but it wouldn't help. And to cross-check..I've trid connecting the other usb keyboard,it works perfectly fine, Please reply as soon as possible.

the only way it could do that would be if it's sending pitch bend data, as otherwise midi just sends an integer note number for note on events

chuck a decent midi analyser plugin in and see if you're getting erroneous pitch bend events

Yeah. Check the pitch bend. Does it have the joystick? The joystick in my novation remote 61 does the same thing - goes out of tune until I smack it. :hihi:

hey, no the impulse doesnt have a joystick..it has the normally roller kind off pitchbend. How can i fix it?

just check the midi signal with MIDI-OX . The problem is with the pitch bend. It keeps sending data all of sudden. Will try to get it fixed..it would be great if anyone can give me some tips on how could i possibly repair it. Thanks :)

you tried moving the pitch wheel thru it's full range a few times - just in case it's as simple as something like dirty contacts

otherwise there is a calibration procedure for the nocturn ( https://support.novationmusic.com/hc/en ... alibration ) but nothing listed for the impulse - you may need to contact novation support to see how you do it on the impulse

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”