Inear Display EPHEMERE - Glitch Percussion Synthesizer now available (Demo Video !)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

inkwarp wrote:what are the limitations on the demo?
: _
You can't save presets and it lowers the volume now and again.
Sound C loud
Band C amp
Clicks and pops is all I get

cron wrote:... Bernard Parmegiani ...
wow, thanks for posting that. never heard of him before. really amazed by a lot of experimental stuff that was done in the 50s/60s/70s.

jbuonacc wrote:
cron wrote:... Bernard Parmegiani ...
wow, thanks for posting that. never heard of him before. really amazed by a lot of experimental stuff that was done in the 50s/60s/70s.
He's my favourite of the old-school electroacoustic composers. He had a knack for infusing abstract sound with narrative and drama, making his work surprisingly accessible when compared to his peers. Check out De Natura Sonorum if you're looking for an entry point to his work, then go for Dedans Dehors if you want more.

cron wrote:I was wondering though: is this perchance named after Capture Ephemere, Bernard Parmegiani's 1967 EDM banger? That contains some amazing noisy walls of granular(ish) glitchy percussion (notably at around 3.38)
Holy shit! Thanks so much for introducing me to this beautiful piece. I made something several years ago, with very similar sounds. I'll have to read everything I can find about his techniques!

justin3am wrote:
cron wrote:I was wondering though: is this perchance named after Capture Ephemere, Bernard Parmegiani's 1967 EDM banger? That contains some amazing noisy walls of granular(ish) glitchy percussion (notably at around 3.38)
Holy shit! Thanks so much for introducing me to this beautiful piece. I made something several years ago, with very similar sounds. I'll have to read everything I can find about his techniques!
The man was incredible. The 12 CD Parmegiani boxset on Ina GRM is the only (physical) release I brought with me when I left London. Everything else is still in a mate's loft. Pleased I picked that one up on release as the second hand market asks crazy money for it these days.

MillerSam wrote:Here is my demo
drop notes - check the probability of the trigger ;) it's a feature

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0OBqq2xCjrE
Noooo, it actually drops notes regardless of that feature
Duh

bungle wrote:Noooo, it actually drops notes regardless of that feature
I haven't had any trouble with it dropping notes in Maschine. It's worked flawlessly for me.

foosnark wrote:
I haven't had any trouble with it dropping notes in Maschine. It's worked flawlessly for me.
OSX here, you on Windows ?
I would put it on the main rig, but if something is buggy on the test airbook, it normally goes out the window haha
Duh

Nice drum synth plugin, but there are some bugs. I'll buy it later if dev fix it.
yzcoruhT

U-o wrote:Nice drum synth plugin, but there are some bugs. I'll buy it later if dev fix it.
What bugs? I haven't experienced any so far.

Bought this yesterday. I haven't found any bugs either FWIW, but I've only given it a day of use.

Bungle: Are you sure trigger is set to max in all of the synthesis modules? Each note has its own completely separate module.

Would be nice to see choke groups (or even just a mono mode) added to this to keep things tight when doing what I call 'splatterglitch' programming (i.e. painting in randomly pitched 16th notes).
Last edited by cron on Mon Sep 26, 2016 12:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

bungle wrote:
foosnark wrote:
OSX here, you on Windows ?
I would put it on the main rig, but if something is buggy on the test airbook, it normally goes out the window haha
Yeah, running Windows 7 here.

dayjob wrote:cool. downloading the demo now. is there multi-out version or stereo only?

https://www.ineardisplay.com/plugins/ephemere/ :-
Multi-Out capable : route each sound to a separate audio track in your DAW to apply external effects.
Windows 10. Asus X99-Pro i7 6950X 10 Core 3GHz (Overclocked to 3.5GHz). Corsair DDR4 64GB Vengeance LPX 2400MHz. RME RayDAT. NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970. UAD2 Quad+Octo. Reaper. A couple of plugins.

U-o wrote:Nice drum synth plugin, but there are some bugs. I'll buy it later if dev fix it.
What bugs? If you want the dev to fix them, then perhaps you should point them out, like in an actual bug report...

I really like this drum synth, so cheap for what you get.

Man, this thing is fun to use.

Also on Windows, saw no bugs either (so far).

Return to “Instruments”