What are your favorite non-Valhalla reverbs, and why?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic

Is that the one that eventi....I mean "we give shit away for you to sell on KVR" is giving away for from focusrite?

After so long of trying every single reverb and commenting as much as possible....I've come to one conclusion: 99.9% of us would know one from the other :lol:

BlackHole. I didn't know I need it until I got it for free with Akai Advance :party:

Makes very LUSH and smooth nonlinear reverbs of arbitrary lengths. Simple controls, all in one small GUI. Just what I need for my weird synths.
Blog ------------- YouTube channel
Tricky-Loops wrote: (...)someone like Armin van Buuren who claims to make a track in half an hour and all his songs sound somewhat boring(...)

When I want to emulate a realistic reverb I choose Valhalla. When I want to go surreal, I have Blackhole and Reverbical, and I prefer the latter.
Windows 7, Cubase 9.5 and some extra plug-ins | Takamine EN-10C and PRS Mira

Zynaptiq Adaptiverb, hands down the bests sounding reverb out there today. Really does what it says, does not obscure the source in anyway and yet when you remove it something is clearly missing from the track. Truly excellent work by Zynaptiq.
"People are stupid" Gegard Mousasi.

Using Altiverb and Spaces for so much, and Cubase reverb being terrible, I believed always the algorithmic reverbs were not so good.

Then I try some.

Favorite for so long now is MolecularBytes AtomicReverb for unobtrusive sound and many useful presets close to realism. Recently now also Realtime Only Reverbical for drum gate and strange texture, some guitars also.

I enjoy also Valhalla Room for this fluffy sound it makes, but is too dense for most things I think. Good for synth thickness, some snares maybe depends on style.

incubus wrote:Is that the one that eventi....I mean "we give shit away for you to sell on KVR" is giving away for from focusrite?

After so long of trying every single reverb and commenting as much as possible....I've come to one conclusion: 99.9% of us would know one from the other :lol:
Nope, you'll only get Blackhole for free with Akai controllers. I got a good price from someone who didn't want to keep it. Blackhole is also very good for live use. If you own a Focusrite product, you can get Stereo Room 2016 for free instead of $199, so this may not be the best time to sell the one you paid good money for. Zynaptiq's Adaptiverb, however, is opening a whole new ball game. Never heard a verb so sweet. And it's much more than a reverb. For me, it shows how far software can take us. Absolutely stunning sound.

emotica wrote: As far as plug-in goes I prefer Redline Reverb the most. Martijn Zwartjes might be a name some people know, even more so if you know and own Reaktor. For me, it's the mix of sound, ease of use and low CPU hit that makes Redline my favorite.
And I thought I was the only one who still used RR. :tu:

I have a few of the newer verbs, but often-times they're just too "clean" for my tastes. RR reminds me of my old Lexicon PCM70, lush and warm, so I guess that's why I keep coming back to it.

Return to “Effects”