Synapse Audio Minimoog emulation "The Legend" for VST/AU and RE released!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
The Legend

Numanoid wrote:
chk071 wrote:It still has more features than Monark though.
But as Monark is put to work inside the modular monster that is Reaktor, the possibilities for sound exploration are basically neverending
Well only if you own Reaktor. Conversely if you own the RE you can make it a modular monster. For never ending possibilities.
Orion Platinum, Muzys 2

v1o wrote:
Numanoid wrote:
But as Monark is put to work inside the modular monster that is Reaktor, the possibilities for sound exploration are basically neverending
Well only if you own Reaktor. Conversely if you own the RE you can make it a modular monster. For never ending possibilities.
If you are working in FL Studio you can also make a "modular" monster from The Legend (or any other synth). You can add aditional envelopes and lfos to basicly any parameter.

Elektronisch wrote:
v1o wrote:
Numanoid wrote:
If you are working in FL Studio you can also make a "modular" monster from The Legend (or any other synth). You can add aditional envelopes and lfos to basicly any parameter.
How does that work? Midi triggered? I mean, you gotta have an input event to trigger envelopes, or LFO's.

Sort of. You add a layer in fl studio and assign to it envelope controller and any synth or sampler. Envelope controller has 8 articulations and each can have mseg or lfo. From there you assign articulation to any parameter of the synth assigned to layer. When you play keys on layer it triggers and synth and controller at the same time. Its very easy to setup and gives alot for creativity.

Alright, sounds nice.

Elektronisch wrote:
v1o wrote:
Numanoid wrote:
Same with Bitwig... With Bitwig you add an LFO, nest your synth in the LFO and then activate the LFO connection mode and move as many parameters of the synth that you want... super fast and easy

Not sure if this bug has been posted yet.

Double clicking on the second osc semi --->default state : gui is not updated.
Edit ...this also seem to happen with the first osc. after tweaking the fine knob .
Last edited by gentleclockdivider on Sun Sep 25, 2016 5:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Eyeball exchanging
Soul calibrating ..frequencies

pdxindy wrote: Same with Bitwig... With Bitwig you add an LFO, nest your synth in the LFO and then activate the LFO connection mode and move as many parameters of the synth that you want... super fast and easy
I could confirm that here if you use the synth has a "FX" in the LFO MOD module. Then you could use teh LFO on the automatable parameters (those appear in a list at the synth device panel). The LFO MOD module actually includes 2 LFOs.
Ingo Weidner
Win 10 Home 64-bit / mobile i7-7700HQ 2.8 GHz / 16GB RAM //
Live 10 Suite / Cubase Pro 9.5 / Pro Tools Ultimate 2021 // NI Komplete Kontrol S61 Mk1

In Ableton Live 9 you could add a Max 4 Live LFO module to automated parameters too. You could add multiple LFO modules at the track with the synth and route them to different parameters (i have tried with up to 5 LFO modules but more seem to be possible). A Max 4 Live step sequencer module is available too (an Arp is already included with the LIve MIDI plugins).
A Max 4 Live envelope module is available too (by default like the others mentioned above if you have the Live 9 Suite version installed) so you could add a lot of additional modulations in Live 9. The envelope is usually triggered if you press a key/note and could be also set to a loop mode).
Ingo Weidner
Live 10 Suite / Cubase Pro 9.5 / Pro Tools Ultimate 2021 // NI Komplete Kontrol S61 Mk1

Testing The Legend alongside Monark, I must admit I prefer The Legend.

There is just too little to Monark, no FX section, no Detune, Polyphone/Spread section, for fatting up the sound that is a must

I can't say I have played a Minimoog tons of times. I have never owned one but whenever I was in new york back in the 80's and late 70's I would go to Sam Ash and Manny's music and spend lots of times with analog synths including the MiniMoog. Certainly however most of the sound/songs I grew up with.... r&b, funk, fusion jazz and a few others the minimoog played a keypart. For me it was and still is THE synth bass.....like it for lead too but with the limited modulation, I think modern synths (hardware and software) have for me surpassed it.

I like Monark....... I do not really like working in Reaktor.....It is a clumsy host for non developers imho..I really remember how to save presets/patches/snapshots and working with them I find cumbersome.
If it wasn't for that I would be entirely happy with Monark (and when I need a software MiniMoog side, Diva with advanced modulation is perfect).

It is with this in mind I got excited about trying the Legend. I should also say that i am a player and a tweaker not a programmer type.
So great presets are a great and essential starting point for me.
I love that Monark has a lot of the snapshots that mimic of lot of the minimoog sounds I grew up with.

Apart from the BT stuff for the most part, the Legend Demo presets aren't really in that vein. And as a result certainly when I compare bass sounds in Monark and those in the Legend that comes with the demo and my attempts to replicate the Monark bass sounds I like on Legend (epic fail on my part as the parameters imho aren't that close) I do prefer Monark.

My question is, I know Ingo recreated a vintage bank that I am not even sure if I am familiar with the original bank, but is the paid full version with 400 patches a good mix between vintage minimoog sounds and modern sounds or is it mostly more modern sounds like in KS's video?
thanks in advance.
rsp
sound sculptist

zvenx wrote: My question is, I know Ingo recreated a vintage bank that I am not even sure if I am familiar with the original bank, but is the paid full version with 400 patches a good mix between vintage minimoog sounds and modern sounds or is it mostly more modern sounds like in KS's video?
thanks in advance.
rsp
Atually i never checked teh demo version myself so i do not know which patches are included there and which not. The full version should indeed include 400+ patches.
From those 34 were created by myself from scratch (i had submitted a few more) and i had recreated 107 patches based on patch sheets in the Minimoog patch charts book by Klaus P. Rausch (with kind permission for Synapse Audio to include them). Those 107 only use the original features of the Mini and some of my others too.

Besides that overall there seems to be a mix of more oldschool and more modern patches. The Poly sounds include e.g. Synth Brass, Strings, Pads, Piano/Keys and other stuff.

Those who say they do not like any of the presets maybe should use a different synth then... :wink:
Ingo Weidner

Ingonator wrote:..............

Those who say they do not like any of the presets maybe should use a different synth then... :wink:
Did I say that or you are hinting at someone else? :-)
rsp
sound sculptist

zvenx wrote:

rsp
Just a general comment. I also ment teh full 400+ presets, not the demo version (as already mentioend i did not use the demo version myself yet, just the full version).
Ingo Weidner

ok, I was just checking if I needed to be defensive :-)

rsp

Ingonator wrote:
zvenx wrote:

rsp
Just a general comment.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
sound sculptist

Return to “Instruments”