Loop Slicers - Comparison Please

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

awerds wrote:its a reaktor ens but I really like it. http://twistedtools.com/shop/reaktor/ultraloop
Very cool ensemble, but not really a loop slicer; more of a loop mangler.
ABLETON LIVE 12 & PUSH2
Soundcloud: Nation of Korea vs Shitty Dog

bungle wrote: No, there are a ton of free samplers, pretty much all the free samplers have as good if not better features than slicing plugins when combined with a Recycle Export
Are there any in the first 2 posts you like as a 2nd choice after Recycle?

No not really, i find slicers a pointless enterprise to be honest, a good sampler plugin is nearly always better, I have owned or tried pretty much all of them and always went back to manual slicing.
Duh

Thanks for the info. I have a couple of slicers, so I'm interested in how others get on with them.

Recycle is too spendy for me at the moment.

Recycle was an essential tool in the early 1990s. I used it all the time back then, chopping up samples extracted from loop library CDs and using Alchemy (not the Camel Audio/Apple one) to slowly upload slices to my Emax over an RS422 serial cable.

Now, that same functionality is built directly into a lot of DAWs, or at least the ones I use the most- Sonar and Live. And Geist can do everything Recycle does and a whole lot more, without first needing to export your editing and importing to a different instrument. I really can't see any advantages of using Recycle I the modern world, unless you're making REX files for Reason.
Incomplete list of my gear: 1/8" audio input jack.

bungle wrote:there are a ton of free samplers, pretty much all the free samplers have as good if not better features than slicing plugins when combined with a Recycle Export
Cool! Can you give me the best examples for Mac?

backagain wrote:I'm looking for a slicer plugin for keyboard assignment of slices. I'm on Logic Pro X.
Did you know that Logic Pro X already does this.
Convert To New Sampler Track.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

I thought "slicer" is expected to do that thing.

ValliSoftware wrote:
backagain wrote:I'm looking for a slicer plugin for keyboard assignment of slices. I'm on Logic Pro X.
Convert To New Sampler Track.png

Indeed. Ctrl + E on and audio loop and hey presto :tu:

ValliSoftware wrote:
bungle wrote:I find slicers a pointless enterprise to be honest, a good sampler plugin is nearly always better, I have owned or tried pretty much all of them and always went back to manual slicing.
Yes, a YouTube video ( below ) explains how to get slices into Logic 's EXS24 sampler quite easily ( takes 30 seconds ) which now begs a comparison of slicers/samplers vs EXS24, comparing ease of workflow in applying effects to the individual slices, and also determine what features exceed Logic Pro X's offerings.

I have yet to explore EXS24. I see that I can set up multi-timbral and multi-out channel config to add my own plugin effects.

That discussion would add value to this thread. You've all made this a great thread so far. :tu:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0BIXclMgpP0

Personally i like a step sequencer over a piano roll for drum editing, so i always plump for Maschine or MPC myself.
Duh

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”