Free FM Synthesizer Dexed (VST Windows and Mac)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Dexed

Kumi_27 wrote:Because it's spelled "Tronopid". It's in Tim Conrardy preset pack :)
Thanks ! But I can't find it in the Tim Conrardy banks... Maybe I don't have the right bank ?

carla wrote:
Kumi_27 wrote:Because it's spelled "Tronopid". It's in Tim Conrardy preset pack :)
Thanks ! But I can't find it in the Tim Conrardy banks... Maybe I don't have the right bank ?
Tim Conrardy -> TIMPADS -> preset number 3

carla wrote:
Finally it's here : To get the Tronopid patch, download (for free) the mega DX7 patch library "DX7 Alltheweb.zip" file from the following address and install it. http://bobbyblues.recup.ch/yamaha_dx7/p ... TheWeb.zip. The patch Tronopid is to be found in the "Sweepers.syx" file in the Tim Conrardy folder :-)

Yeager wrote: Am I right in saying that this was already possible in version 0.9.0 (b2) but you removed this option in later versions ?
No, Dexed now checks if it is a DX7 (machine id) sysex otherwise it threats it as random data. Some users didn't like the random data loading. It might be an issue of a simple offset of the sysex for the DX1. If you would have told me 2 days ago I would have fixed this in this version.
DrewDale wrote:New version (0.9.2) the original Yamaha cart, the first 3 brass patches are now sounding like muted organ sounds.In version 0.9.1 on my PC set up, the brass patches from the same cart sound a lot different. Anyone else notice the difference ?
Since 0.9.1 when using the Mark I engine, the feedback level are on par with the DX7. The original implementation (Modern), the feedback was 4 time stronger and some patches were really not sounding like the DX7.
Yeager wrote:EDIT: I just tested the recall/reload problem with a fresh test file, and it seems to recall it correctly :(
Yes, the engine type used is saved in the VST session data. When you change the engine, it will be only assigned on new instances of Dexed.
Aloysius wrote:I keep getting a 404 error when trying to download the PC version
Fixed.

Thank you! :tu:
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

asb2m10 wrote:
Yeager wrote: Am I right in saying that this was already possible in version 0.9.0 (b2) but you removed this option in later versions ?
No, Dexed now checks if it is a DX7 (machine id) sysex otherwise it threats it as random data. Some users didn't like the random data loading. It might be an issue of a simple offset of the sysex for the DX1. If you would have told me 2 days ago I would have fixed this in this version.
Well in my own kind of way I tried to tell you this on march 4th here :
http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic ... d#p6403098

PS, I was wrong about the finetune bug :oops:

To be clear, I really love what you are doing with this amazing synth :hug: :love:

AUTO-ADMIN: Non-MP3, WAV, OGG, SoundCloud, YouTube, Vimeo, Twitter and Facebook links in this post have been protected automatically. Once the member reaches 5 posts the links will function as normal.
asb2m10 wrote:can you try the new release https://github.com/asb2m10/dexed/releases (https://github.com/asb2m10/dexed/releases) ; I did somehting wrong with the previous DX parameters and now it could be fixed. But it might be something else and it does ring me some bells
with the DX7 and it would be interesting to dig into the issue.
Ok, I checked Dexed's source code and did some more tests. But I don't have a DX7, so I cannot compare with the original. The problem is that Dexed's Coarse steps in harmonics (0.5th = suboctave, 1st = fundamental, 2nd = octave, 3 = octave + fifth, 4 = 2nd octave etc.) while Fine covers FULL OCTAVE, not the difference between adjacent harmonics. So when I start at Coarse=12 and move Fine knob to the max, GUI correctly shows Coarse+Fine=23.88, as an octave above 12th harmonics is actually 24th harmonics. The sound pitch is the same as what GUI shows, so Dexed is consistent in this respect.

If my understanding is correct and this is indeed a bug in Dexed, it could be verified by loading simple INIT patch with OP1 Coarse=2, Fine=99 (almost 3rd harmonics) into DX7. DX7 should sound a 4th below Dexed, as Dexed would turn this into 3.98 which is almost 4th harmonics.

(Edit - Based on Pascal's check with DX7 and my check with original DX7 manual from Yamaha's website - instead of some 2nd source webs and articles - where at p.27 they write that "Fine ... (Freq Coarse) x 1.0 ~ 1.99", that's how it is supposed to work. So i removed technical info from my posts.)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by jk256 on Thu Sep 29, 2016 6:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Autobot wrote:I still can't get the Dexed_cart_1.0.zip working. Anyone knows what I'm possibly doing wrong or whatever this problem is?
Still no idea whats up? I use the latest version and placed Dexed_cart.zip in the same folder as the dll. Win7 64-bit

TIA
rabbit in a hole

You should:
1. Unpack this zip
2. Place the content it in the CART folder - afair when You press this [CART] button, the folder will open.

Kumi_27 wrote:You should:
1. Unpack this zip
2. Place the content it in the CART folder - afair when You press this [CART] button, the folder will open.
:clown:

Readme says:
"To use this file in Dexed, don't unzip it! The zip file is named "Dexed_cart_1.0.zip". You have just to rename it "Dexed_cart.zip" (you have just to remove "_1.0")"

I could unzip but its a mess :party: :party: :party:
rabbit in a hole

Hint: BlackWinny from kvraudio did a great DX7 compilation named Dexed_cart_1.0.zip. Simply unzip the content of this zipfile to your Cartridges directory.
https://asb2m10.github.io/dexed/

Well... :shrug:

Anyway, I think it should be in the Cartridges directory anyway. Probably.

Autobot wrote:
Autobot wrote:I still can't get the Dexed_cart_1.0.zip working. Anyone knows what I'm possibly doing wrong or whatever this problem is?
Still no idea whats up? I use the latest version and placed Dexed_cart.zip in the same folder as the dll. Win7 64-bit

TIA
What happens if you click "show dir" in dexed after clicking on the "cart" ?

Yeager wrote:
Autobot wrote:

TIA
The destination folder opens
C:\Users\xyz\AppData\Roaming\DigitalSuburban\Dexed
rabbit in a hole

Autobot wrote:
Yeager wrote:
Autobot wrote:

TIA
Is there a folder called cartidges in there and a dexed.xml file ?

Yeager wrote:
Autobot wrote:
Yeager wrote:
Autobot wrote:

TIA
Is there a folder called cartidges in there and a dexed.xml file ?
yep
rabbit in a hole

Return to “Instruments”