September Contest: Gossip

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Sorry about that, I'll make it available for download yes
Try only to surpass your own previous accomplishments instead of beating others

For a friend's wedding recently I wrote and sang a song that's a very intentional throwback to Andrew Lloyd Webber, as a kind of inside joke. I'm not entering it into the contest, as fails the length and "must be written for the contest" requirements, but I figured it would be appropriate to post here.

https://soundcloud.com/erikgyle/and-now

Guys, I'm struggling.

I can't sing, well I can't do ooooohhhhhs to save myself.

I dunno if I am gonna make it this month :S
I play guitar

erikgyle wrote:For a friend's wedding recently I wrote and sang a song that's a very intentional throwback to Andrew Lloyd Webber
Thanks for sharing, I enjoyed it, I guess you had great fun at the wedding :D

Cheers

Not going to make it this month I'm afraid. I'll try to get to vote though.
It wasn't me! (well, actually, it probably was) - apparently now an 'elderly' so maybe I forgot!

Just submit an empty mp3 with four long trailing gong strikes every 45 seconds and call it:

Zen TragiComedy in Four Movements

I'd vote for it! (Well, assuming you got the gong right.) :clap:

rachmiel wrote:Just submit an empty mp3 with four long trailing gong strikes every 45 seconds and call it:

Zen TragiComedy in Four Movements

I'd vote for it! (Well, assuming you got the gong right.) :clap:
It should be done :lol:

Minimalism has no limit, no boundaries

OK, you asked for it... I'll do it :ud:
It wasn't me! (well, actually, it probably was) - apparently now an 'elderly' so maybe I forgot!

Damn! I should have known it was a trap - I just spent 2 hours developing a new sound for this :dog:

Gotcha! ;-)

You think Cage just tossed 4'33" off? It took him 433 hours to compose it. (Or so I'd like to think.)

Here's a thought.
Any one want to add something on top of this? You're more than welcome to do so :hyper:

So I was covering The Thin Ice and hoping to juxtapose it with the Judge's sentencing from The Trial, kinda worked but the chorus of the thin ice killed me and I am fine uploading most things but not singing that is really out of tune.

Here's something from the old days of Groove Agent waaaay back when - obviously not anything I ever intended to do anything with - I had purchased a really bad bass with the wrong neck on it for $10 so I pulled the frets out and ran it through Guitar Rig (which dates this to about 2005).

https://soundcloud.com/postalpro/virus

Will still try to vote but I have suffered greatly this month ... . hopefully we get something that doesn't give me such delusions of grandeur next month haha.
I play guitar

folderol wrote:Here's a thought.
Any one want to add something on top of this?
That's what she said?

Last call for entries! Get them 'em on the Submission thread in the next hour or so. Look for the October Gossip thread in just a bit.
GLHF! (Gandalf Lives, Hobbits Forever!)

IRL your download link is producing a corrupted file :(
"Error reading metadata"

Return to “Music Cafe”