One Synth Challenge #90: Helm by Matt Tytel (Jasinski Wins!)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Helm

Well this month was a PITA :tantrum: at one stage had to attempt 12+ loads :smack: for the live project every time I wanted to work on it :bang: , surprised I actually go anything done.
Amount of times I nearly gave up :dog: (lost count ).

Good job I 'm a persistent sod :box:

https://soundcloud.com/chilled-panda/st ... obotthings

OSC 90
Track: Strangest Saturday robot Things
Daw: Live
Helm - 38 instances

Live Daw FX
EQ8
Bright Reverb
Delay
Drum kick compessor
Drum Snare compressor
Bass punch + parallel compressor
Utility

Freeware FX
LoudMax 64
Tal reverb 4
A1 stereo control
BlueArp 64

Oops typo, thats 28 instances, getting a little carried away with myself

z.prime wrote:Yo, after many tries of throwing in the towel, I finally came up with something, too.
Z is like...

Here is my entry :

https://soundcloud.com/jruegg/jruegg-so-little
I don't consider it finished but I'm subbmitting it anyway... maybe I will finish it someday...
Helm was fun, was crashing constantly but was fun.

So, for this month I decided to force myself to use Mulab (I tryed it for the noisemaker OSC, but switched back to Renoise because I wasn't so comfortable with a piano roll, and with the time flowing horizontally :D )

DAW : Mulab 7.
43 instances of Helm.

Mulab FXs:

MuVerb
MuEcho
Amp Distorion (Used as a limite(?), to make some parts more louder(mostly the drums), the distorted bass sound was done with 2 layers, one of them had a highShelf filter(Helm) to add more high frequencies and give it the "distorted" sound, so the Amp distortion was not used on it)
MultimodeFilter (used as EQ)
Level Compressor
Audio Limiter

And lots of event modifiers (for example, I had a snare that just with a note triggered 8 Midi notes with different pitches, to give it more noise... )

VST FXs:

Melda Free Limiter
SPAN
TDR Nova (Just to cutoff the unhearable frequencies, not used as it should)
GVST Mono Bass
GVST Multiband Compressor

and maybe I used a TAL reverb somewhere, I remember that I added one somewhere, but can't find it...
Last edited by J.Ruegg on Fri Sep 02, 2016 1:08 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Here is my entry:

https://soundcloud.com/l-ectrobit/l-ect ... wo-planets

Track name: Two Planets
DAW: Logic Pro 8
Synth: Helm (v0.6.0) x 29

Logic FXs:
Channel EQ
Low Pass Filter
Adaptive Limiter
Compressor
Stereo Delay
Space Designer
PlatinumVerb
Tremolo

3rd Party Free Plugins:
A1StereoControl
Voxengo - OldSkoolVerb
Voxengo - Tube Amp
Voxengo - SPAN

:phones:

Just in time, I found a dusty mashup on one of my old tapes! It's a... well... I guess I used what I had at my disposal back then.

https://soundcloud.com/guenooni/guenon-orange-tape-84

(Yeah, you guessed it, in reality it's Helm, 2016 :D :party: )

21 instances hosted in Ableton Live 8, again with minimal other plugins. Only static (non-modulated) effects used, namely: host EQ, simple host delay, host compression and limiting - and this time also a touch of TAL Reverb II.

I WANNA VOTE!

Guenon wrote:Just in time, I found a dusty mashup on one of my old tapes! It's a... well... I guess I used what I had at my disposal back then.
First the bootleg LP now old tapes,
if this is just half as good as your previous bootleg track it will be no less than great, <wink>,
really loved you previous entry,
an amazing lofi emuation BUT also a very good piece of Rock.

(later I will listen to all entries in a row)

You know, you should totally leave comments on SC, Luigi! ;)
This song deserves it very much and I will have a great time doing so, too! I didn't quite realize how authentic SID one could go with Helm. Love the snare, by the way! But, yeah, more later for sure...

Taron wrote:You know, you should totally leave comments on SC, Luigi! ;)
Right, I apologize with everybody for not having written any comments or replies on SC so far. My excuse is that I've been used for years to the Music Cafe, where all replies go in the threads.

Also I usually get the mp3s bundle, kindly provided by bj, since my Internet connection is slow. So I'm not on SC often, and never to stream the tracks. <sigh>

So at least, thanks for the SC comments to my entries, which I did read once and greatly appreciated.

z.prime wrote:
ssj71 wrote:... our entire Ardour project (with the patches as presets in a zip) is all on github for anyone to freely remix ...
As long as you're using Linux, darn Calf plugins.
Indeed. :\

Next time there's a linux compatable synth I'll try to make a completely cross platform project. If that's actually possible.

ssj71 wrote: Indeed. :\

Next time there's a linux compatable synth I'll try to make a completely cross platform project. If that's actually possible.
Well, Ardour makes that a bit difficult, I found out it doesn't support VST on OSX, but at least you could maybe make a cross-platform Linux/Windows project with it. I used to use Reaper on Linux, though, and it worked great, and the projects were all cross-platform, but it's not entirely free...

liqih wrote:First the bootleg LP now old tapes,
if this is just half as good as your previous bootleg track it will be no less than great, <wink>,
really loved you previous entry,
an amazing lofi emuation BUT also a very good piece of Rock.
Taron wrote:This song deserves it very much and I will have a great time doing so, too! I didn't quite realize how authentic SID one could go with Helm. Love the snare, by the way! But, yeah, more later for sure...
Thanks a lot, both of you :)

Almost didn't have time to finish a track, so I ended up pulling an all-nighter and got this done in time. Tired but happy, knowing that someone out there has appreciated the effort, heh.

Having a possibility to replace file on Soundcloud is a real curse.
Almost every day I was trying to improve something :o
Uploaded slightly expanded version on August 31st.

That's why I normally wait until voting time to really listen to tracks! ;)

Return to “Instruments”