Imitone -- wow! Most embarassing post I ever started

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Can any imitone users tell me what kind of CPU overhead imitone has while active? & on what CPU/clock.
Cheers.

anyone! ...anyone!... ...anyone!... hello! ...hello!... ...hello!...

As there's no demo yet, just wanted to get an idea of the overhead

I got around 10% in a i7-5500U 2.40 GHz, while listening for input, and 15~20% (can spike to 25%) while you are actually "playing", You can set it to "scan" a smaller frequency band and save some CPU.
Maybe how noisy the mic is affects the CPU usage. I'm just using the webcam's mic to test, pretty crappy.

Thanks pottering. Was this with the latest 0.8.2 beta verison?

Yes, exactly.

I'm still loving it!

So, how good is it by now? There are also a few hardware gadgets for that purpose. Can the software keep up?
How is it used? I mean, will it appear in the Midi controller input device list of the DAW? After all, it outputs Midi data. Can that output be recorded just like melodies from a Midi keyboard?

Just as an FYI, Balster has re-surfaced with a recent 0.90d release of Imitone. I haven't loaded it, probably won't do so until and unless he fulfills his promise to port to VST.... Which he's once more kinda-sorta-almost done in his latest FB thread. At least he seems to have learned to not actually commit to anything. I've come to view the standalone as a toy, not a tool, and I've already got enough toys. Maybe by this summer?

https://www.facebook.com/imitone/
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/ev ... ts/1760753

To have Imitate port to VST would be cool, but I'm getting plenty of use out of the standalone version. In my case, it's a tool, not a toy . . . although "toy" implies that it's fun to use . . . and it is! I'm thrilled to accurately translate what's in my noodle.

I am going to wait for the VST version!
Oh yes I will,
Oh yes I will.
I am going to wait for the VST version!
Even if it takes until
until
for ever.

tommyzai wrote:To have Imitone port to VST would be cool, but I'm getting plenty of use out of the standalone version. In my case, it's a tool, not a toy . . . although "toy" implies that it's fun to use . . . and it is! I'm thrilled to accurately translate what's in my noodle.
+1 ..., even if the preceding one might be true at some degree, i much agree with the temperance of your critique, something that is sometimes severely lacking in our western culture to my taste

:tu: :tu: :tu:

indeed, as a plugin Imitone would be VERY cool : AFAIK we might also use it on mono or even polyphonic soundtakes inside our host...an enormous increase of possibilities !!!

tommyzai wrote:To have Imitate port to VST would be cool, but I'm getting plenty of use out of the standalone version. In my case, it's a tool, not a toy . . . although "toy" implies that it's fun to use . . . and it is! I'm thrilled to accurately translate what's in my noodle.
Given the content of the manual page is there really any need to port it as VST?
Build your life everyday as if you would live for a thousand years. Marvel at the Life everyday as if you would die tomorrow.
I'm now severely diseased since September 2018.

Is it stable? Kick it, devs......

I've heard of the cpu, but anything requiring 15-25 as the above read, can go down to 7-8, as this is "based" on things that involve windows(additional already installed features that msconfig and graphics can reduce)

and I mean, if it's not locked into a dll, it might be reduced even to great standards! Unless it really is locked in -somewhere that can't be toggled .
The only site for experimental amp sim freeware & MIDI FX: http://runbeerrun.blogspot.com
https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCprNcvVH6aPTehLv8J5xokA -Youtube jams

It is getting better, now (version 0.9.0d) it uses from 12% to 15% CPU (I'm the person who said 15-25 earlier, still using the same machine).

BlackWinny wrote:
tommyzai wrote:To have Imitate port to VST would be cool, but I'm getting plenty of use out of the standalone version. In my case, it's a tool, not a toy . . . although "toy" implies that it's fun to use . . . and it is! I'm thrilled to accurately translate what's in my noodle.
Given the content of the manual page is there really any need to port it as VST?
Very good instructions there :tu:
A headset must be ideal, right?

Return to “Instruments”