Total votes: 390

RELATED
PRODUCTS
Repro

Urs wrote:
brick wrote:Be nice to get a look at the Tweaks page.... :pray:
Not fully finished yet ;)
So you are still tweaking the tweak page :D

Numanoid wrote:But I never understood the need to see the keyboard in a plug when using it in a DAW.
People can run the sequencer and have this thing play without a keyboard, e.g. on a laptop on a train/plane/bus/metro. Transpose by clicking any of the keys. Tweak away while commuting. That kind of stuff.

Urs wrote:People can run the sequencer and have this thing play without a keyboard, e.g. on a laptop on a train/plane/bus/metro. Transpose by clicking any of the keys. Tweak away while commuting. That kind of stuff.
But most DAWs have got a keyboard inbuilt that can be brought up on the screen in such cases, at least FL Studio does.

I can understand the need for a keyboard in standalone use, but it is good that devs like in this case have made an option that users can either use the space to see the keyboard or the FX section.

I like it having keyboards in general, it adds to the feel of being like the original synth, but it's nice to have an option to turn the keyboard off (eg, impOSCar2) for those who don't want it.

I get how in many cases the size requirements mean that it might bug the more obsessive visual types, as it's difficult to scale things without either taking up way too much space or being way too small, so I get the design choice. For example, I find the keyboards on the Roland plugouts a bit too big really, and it's also a bit weird when the keyboards are really small in conjunction with the controls, but I can live with it as a design choice. I'm old-school, a synth just feels more synthy with a keyboard - but not *really* old school, where the synths were all pre-keyboards and mostly modular...

i also quite like those keyboards. For example when i just want to do a little looping to sketch ideas, i write down a few simple midis to get things rolling then using that keyboard with mouse to quickly check a few additional notes here and there. In those cases i do not really want to fire up my midi controllers. Also the daw keyboard function is not that comfortable, since i never know wich keys i play on the qwerty. The bitwig keyboard function, doesn't show me a virtual keyboard. It just reacts like one, when caps lock is activated.

For more serious work, i'd be happy to switch it for a mod matrix or fx or whatever, like in Hive.

Suloo wrote:The bitwig keyboard function, doesn't show me a virtual keyboard. It just reacts like one, when caps lock is activated.
I *wish* Logic did that. The awful, huge keyboard window when you turn on the keyboard is so annoying and takes up unnecessary space...

a small one would be enough for me yea :) and semi transparent..

I don't think Urs was soliciting feedback on the keyboard. Do we all have our preferences? Sure. Is the keyboard a deal breaker for anyone? No.

This is such a cool synth, I'm really looking forward to getting my hands on the final version. I hope Urs is still open to doing more of these in the future, particularly a Prodigy (which I imagine would be a lot easier).

The keyboard makes sense on a touch screen maybe.
But only if i could play a note and change parameters at the same time.
Still hope desktop developers finally try to go out of the stone age with mouse (or midi controller) as only useful input.
It's really lacking some performance here!

Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote:I don't think Urs was soliciting feedback on the keyboard. Do we all have our preferences? Sure. Is the keyboard a deal breaker for anyone? No.

This is such a cool synth, I'm really looking forward to getting my hands on the final version. I hope Urs is still open to doing more of these in the future, particularly a Prodigy (which I imagine would be a lot easier).
I think this will be the mother of all analogs when it's finished. Well, from what I've heard so far... :tu:
I will take the Lord's name in vain, whenever I want. Hail Satan! And his little goblins too. :lol:

Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote:I don't think Urs was soliciting feedback on the keyboard.
I don't think we need Urs' permission to discuss things amongst ourselves, now, do we? ;)
Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote:Do we all have our preferences? Sure. Is the keyboard a deal breaker for anyone? No.
Yes, that is a summary of the outcome of the (mini) discussion where some of us expressed their preferences. I thought it was an interesting, and more unusual design decision - hence warranting some discussion.
Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote:This is such a cool synth, I'm really looking forward to getting my hands on the final version. I hope Urs is still open to doing more of these in the future, particularly a Prodigy (which I imagine would be a lot easier).
Indeed. I was a chief supporter of doing the Prodigy (as it was my first real synth and I loved it and it has one fairly unique element in it's sound generating arsenal) but yes, it is *way* less complex than something like Pro One in just about all areas. And while Urs was interested, it seems he's not yet in the mindset of moving onto another modelling experiment, at least until this one is finished and he's out the other side of it... Of the two, the Pro One is by far the more interesting and capable instrument - the Prodigy is a good-sounding but limited synth, being a cut-down and cheapified Minimoog with the addition of the (excellent) oscillator sync.

Robmobius wrote:
Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote:I don't think Urs was soliciting feedback on the keyboard. Do we all have our preferences? Sure. Is the keyboard a deal breaker for anyone? No.

I think this will be the mother of all analogs when it's finished. Well, from what I've heard so far... :tu:
I concur!! :party:

Voted for 3
Secondly 4
4 sounds neutral but 3 sounds a little bit more analog to me saying that between analog and digital
Great work

beely wrote:Indeed. I was a chief supporter of doing the Prodigy (as it was my first real synth and I loved it and it has one fairly unique element in it's sound generating arsenal) but yes, it is *way* less complex than something like Pro One in just about all areas. And while Urs was interested, it seems he's not yet in the mindset of moving onto another modelling experiment, at least until this one is finished and he's out the other side of it... Of the two, the Pro One is by far the more interesting and capable instrument - the Prodigy is a good-sounding but limited synth, being a cut-down and cheapified Minimoog with the addition of the (excellent) oscillator sync.
How about an Arp Pro Soloist? The discontinued ProsoloVST by AM Music was the last 32bit attempt.

Does ProOne have a release date?
Intel Core2 Quad CPU + 4 GIG RAM

electro wrote:Does ProOne have a release date?
We're optimistic it's gonna be this year, but optimism slowly crumbles away.

Return to “Instruments”