Spectrasonics rumors...

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Keyscape - Collector Keyboards Omnisphere 1 Omnisphere 2

I'm guessing if you already own (VIP) Omni 2, Trillian, & RMX that the next product will integrate with VIP. Some people may not know that you can use Trillian patches inside Omni 2 or drag and drop RMX midi (or any midi) into Omni/Trillian envelopes for effects etc.... I wonder if its a sampler or DAW or one big intergrated plugin that holds all. What ever it is, I think the current products will be updated and sometimes Eric throws in a surprise or two.
Last edited by Nocturnal909 on Wed Aug 31, 2016 1:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

I don't see why people are thinking that "fourth instrument" means they will do a DAW... ( ! )

beely wrote:I don't see why people are thinking that "fourth instrument" means they will do a DAW... ( ! )

I was dreaming .... (!)

Nocturnal909 wrote:I was dreaming .... (!)
Time to wake up! ;)

A phrase manipulator is my current guess.
rsp
sound sculptist

Most important question not yet even discussed - what colour will it be? Red, blue and purple taken. Orange? Or would they sue?
http://www.guyrowland.co.uk
http://www.sound-on-screen.com
W10, i7 7820X, 64gb RAM, RME Babyface, 1050ti, PT 2023 Ultimate, Cubase Pro 13
Macbook Air M2 OSX 10.15

noiseboyuk wrote:Most important question not yet even discussed - what colour will it be? Red, blue and purple taken. Orange? Or would they sue?
Blue and blue. It's a futuristic Daft Punk/Tron-synth. :lol:

A guitar VST would be hard for Spectrasonics. The one thing I don't like about Spectrasonics is their lack up updating their products on a normal basis. Some developers, especially for guitar libraries, are constantly working and updating their engines/scripting making them better and keep the competition high (looking at you OrangeTreeSamples & AmpleSound). I'm using Trilian less these days because it can't keep up with a lot of the other bass instruments that have come out that sound more natural and are easier to use. That's why I was hoping they were going to be putting out Trilian 2. The sounds in it are fantastic but the scripting is lacking so bad now with playability.

If they do a guitar plugin and don't update it to keep up with competition, I think that's really going to kill my trust in the company.

If it's a kind of stringed instrument i hope it gets all the latest and greatest things like MPE support for Seaboard Rise, Linnstrument etc.
But tomorrow we will know.
More important...do i need to buy a new extern SSD for 100 GB of samples? :D
No space left... :?

Cinebient wrote:More important...do i need to buy a new extern SSD for 100 GB of samples? :D
No space left... :?
I'd guess it will be a beast. Guitars are more complex than basses, and Trilian was around 40gb wasn't it? Also a lot more variety in different guitars than basses. 100gb could be about it....

I have some sympathy with Mystic's comments on the scripting. Trilian is pretty basic there - excellent tone, but not as clever as some of the more recent competitors. Might be wishful thinking, but if they've updated the scripting significantly for Guitarium (for the life of me I can't think of a good name for Instrument 4), we might also see a Trilian update to incorporate it.
http://www.guyrowland.co.uk
http://www.sound-on-screen.com
W10, i7 7820X, 64gb RAM, RME Babyface, 1050ti, PT 2023 Ultimate, Cubase Pro 13
Macbook Air M2 OSX 10.15

But since more people now expect a guitar instrument, it must be something else :D
At least i hope it's something else.

Nocturnal909 wrote:I'm guessing if you already own (VIP) Omni 2, Trillian, & RMX that the next product will integrate with VIP. Some people may not know that you can use Trillian patches inside Omni 2 or drag and drop RMX midi (or any midi) into Omni/Trillian envelopes for effects etc.... I wonder if its a sampler or DAW or one big intergrated plugin that holds all. What ever it is, I think the current products will be updated and sometimes Eric throws in a surprise or two.
Hmmmmm....very astute observation. Maybe it will be a guitar instrument with added cowbell?

Logic Pro | PolyBrute | MatrixBrute | MiniFreak | Prophet 6 | Trigon 6 | OB-6 | Rev2 | Pro 3 | SE-1X | Polar TI2 | Blofeld | RYTMmk2 | Digitone | Syntakt | Digitakt | Integra-7

10 years?

More likely a piano than a guitar.

Whatever it will be it will be expensive.

It better be multi-touch capable!
and Friendly! If it is the touch
revolution will finally start!

Kalamata Kid wrote:
Whatever it will be it will be expensive.
Whatever it will be it will be a preset browser's wet dream.

Licensed Roland D50 VST?
Intel Core2 Quad CPU + 4 GIG RAM

Return to “Instruments”