Cakewalk: "Big announcements coming June 1st, 2016"

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Sequent wrote:Well, they want $199.
I reckon you have three choices:
1) Pay $199 and never pay again for the basic updates.
2) Keep paying monthly to this December/January and then decide on stopping at that version or carrying on paying monthly/yearly.
3) Giving up paying and rolling back to last December's/January's version to avoid demo mode.

Grum.

It's only like 165 bucks from some retailers...

jlaws wrote:It's only like 165 bucks from some retailers...
Loged in and see this
SONAR Platinum (with Lifetime Updates) $199
there is a space for a coupon code
Is there a Coupon Code to get a better deal at Cakewalk or from a dealer?

Which dealers to try?

IIRC some people paid only $99 for the lifetime Sonar Platinum upgrade.
How do I get this deal?

Kalamata Kid wrote:
jlaws wrote:It's only like 165 bucks from some retailers...
Which dealers to try?

IIRC some people paid only $99 for the lifetime Sonar Platinum upgrade.
How do I get this deal?
No coupon code at CW that I know of.

The $99 deal is only for users who paid for Sonar Plat this year in advance. IOW, it's an upgrade. If it shows as $199 when you're logged in at CW, then that's your price there.

Audiodeluxe has it for $168.99 (Just add it to cart - No code required).

I pulled the trigger on the free lifetime upgrades today. I got a humorous email from cakewalk :
cakewalkemail wrote:Hello Stupid American Pig,

You've done it, you've bought your first DAW (Digital Audio Workstation)! This purchase is an exciting new chapter in your musical career. Now you can start recording your band practices, making demos, writing music, performing with a virtual band, and so much more.
I can't see this being true in even 50% of the purchases for sonar. Further, they only need to consult my account to see that I have several versions of Sonar registered to it.
cakewalkemail wrote: Like any software, buying a DAW comes with a new set of terms to learn. That's why we created this FAQ - to make sure you're equipped with the knowledge needed to get going in SONAR fast. Even if this isn't your first time using a DAW, we think you'll find this helpful — technology is constantly growing and you might learn something brand new!
This struck me as slightly defensive, but at least they are being proactive.

Stupid American Pig wrote:I pulled the trigger on the free lifetime upgrades today. I got a humorous email from cakewalk :

You've done it, you've bought your first DAW (Digital Audio Workstation)! This purchase is an exciting new chapter in your musical career. Now you can start recording your band practices, making demos, writing music, performing with a virtual band, and so much more.
I can't see this being true in even 50% of the purchases for sonar. Further, they only need to consult my account to see that I have several versions of Sonar registered to it.
cakewalkemail wrote: Like any software, buying a DAW comes with a new set of terms to learn. That's why we created this FAQ - to make sure you're equipped with the knowledge needed to get going in SONAR fast. Even if this isn't your first time using a DAW, we think you'll find this helpful — technology is constantly growing and you might learn something brand new!
This struck me as slightly defensive, but at least they are being proactive.
It is like working as a PC Technician and see the following every time you install Windows:
"Getting Ready To Run Windows for the First Time" :lol:

Hey folks,

I just wanted to clarify that Lifetime Updates are still available as of Sept 1. The only change is that the $99 promo for Platinum annual upgrade users who upgraded twice consecutively is now over. Upgrades are is still available for $199 which is still a terrific deal considering that you pay once and get future updates included.

Thanks to all of you who already upgraded to lifetime updates. You won't be disappointed - we have a lot of exciting things coming in the near future and we're committed to constantly improving SONAR as we have demonstrated since we implemented the Rolling updates program in 2015.
Noel Borthwick
CTO
Cakewalk

Any news on the tha MAC side of things?
"The 'less-is-more'-guy ... he's an asshole." (Billy Decker)

We are working on getting it to the point where we can do a first alpha. Hopefully Nov but we haven't set a date yet. It will be available to every active SONAR user via their account or command center. Thanks for your interest.
Noel Borthwick
CTO
Cakewalk

Ah, I see. Thanks for the info.
"The 'less-is-more'-guy ... he's an asshole." (Billy Decker)

MountainKing wrote:Any news on the tha MAC side of things?
People still use those?

Geeze...

Yada, yada...
Lol. :) Sharing that email without identifying that as your handle (as happened naturally here of course) would be humorous indeed. :)

"Hey you stupid American pig, thanks for the purchase!" :hihi:

That would be a new take on PR psychology. :lol:

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”