Komplete 11 or Logic Pro

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

pottering wrote:Mainstage has all the Logic instruments and costs $30.
But, like with Logic, unless they've changed something and I need to upgrade, they are locked to Mainstage. You can't just load them into your DAW. You can use them as external instruments that way, but it's a bit awkward.

I thought he could get Komplete 11 now on a sale/intro price (at least that's how it sounded to me) and find $30 later to get Mainstage (which is always $30 AFAIK) for the instruments, but I missed the part OP said he wants to try the more "orthodox" workflow of Logic.

pottering wrote:I thought he could get Komplete 11 now on a sale/intro price (at least that's how it sounded to me) and find $30 later to get Mainstage (which is always $30 AFAIK) for the instruments, but I missed the part OP said he wants to try the more "orthodox" workflow of Logic.
I understood, I have mainstage, but, unless they've changed it, you can't use the instruments with other DAWs, they won't load. You can route midi out of your DAW and then audio back into your DAW using any one of a number of methods, but that's often a bit of work just to get an instrument.

I see what you mean, not exactly convenient.

pottering wrote:I see what you mean, not exactly convenient.
Yes, but, mainstage is still damn well worth the $30. It comes with redmatica which is great for making sample sets from the built in instruments and your other instruments and if you use loops and samples it comes with a great selection of content. I use them regularly.

if it was me..i'd stick with Komplete 10 and just get Logic to replace bitwig
If your plugin is a Synth-edit/synth-maker creation, Say So.
If not Make a Mac version of your Plugins Please.

https://soundcloud.com/realmarco

...everyone is out to get me!!!!!!!

Just what I did!

Codeg wrote:Just what I did!
First impressions? :party:
This entire forum is wading through predictions, opinions, barely formed thoughts, drama, and whining. If you don't enjoy that, why are you here? :D ShawnG

Return to “Instruments”