7Aliens Catanya 2 released - 64-bit support

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

UCAudio wrote:
Orbit-50 wrote:
UCAudio wrote:Some of the Catanya alternatives look cool but still wondering... has anyone has confirmed Catanya 2 running fine on Windows 10?
Dude, forget Catanya. It's over. It was over from the beginning for that plugin. Nora and Cthulhu are all you would ever need for all of your arpeggiation needs. They do way more than Catanya for the price also. I really can not see anyone buying Catanya in the year 2016. 2010 maybe. Not 2016. Believe me when I tell you that I've been looking for that "great arpeggiator" for years and years. Tested them all over and over and stopped looking after finding Cthulhu and Nora.
I just got the Cthulhu demo and can't seem to get it to do what Catanya can do yet. Is it possible to do the exact same thing Catanya can do... and more? Haven't tried Nora yet.
What is it that you are trying to do?
_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/
Alienware i7 R3 loaded with billions of DAWS and plugins.

Orbit-50 wrote: What is it that you are trying to do?
Hold down a chord and trigger dense harmonic rhythms. Seems like Cthulhu can only do two note harmonies, where Catanya can do complex rhythms with a lot of layered notes at the same time? I may just not know how to do this yet in Cthulhu... but I'm not seeing how yet if it is possible.

UCAudio wrote:Hold down a chord and trigger dense harmonic rhythms. Seems like Cthulhu can only do two note harmonies, where Catanya can do complex rhythms with a lot of layered notes at the same time? I may just not know how to do this yet in Cthulhu... but I'm not seeing how yet if it is possible.
You're talking about polyphonic arpeggios. No. Cthulhu doesn't do that but Nora does. You can do up to 5 octaves containing 8 notes each. You can do whatever note lengths you desire also. You can even set how many bars that you want this madness to occur. It's way more flexible than Catanya. Try it out and see for yourself.
_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/

Tried Nora... it's cool, but when I manually play a chord and hold it down... the first chord of the bar only plays like one or two notes max of the chord instead of playing the full harmony. It works if you hard quantize a midi clip first and feed that into Nora, but for free playing and composing it's lacking because of that first bar issue. That's one thing that Catanya shines at. I added this ability to the Nora feature requests. Still going to experiment with Nora some more though, but that initially threw me off compared to Catanya.

Gotcha.

In Nora check the arp settings (little gear icon). You can disable synchronization with host if you want to play freely.

UCAudio wrote:Some of the Catanya alternatives look cool but still wondering... has anyone has confirmed Catanya 2 running fine on Windows 10?
Yes works for me in Windows 10
Say NO to CLAP!

I had Catanya 32 bit and lost track of it; tried to resurrect it and had all sorts of problems.
Then downloaded the 64 bit demo and am playing around with it; seems to work fine.
Tried to go to their site again and it doesn't appear to exist any longer.
Glad I got the latest demo while I still could.

Return to “Effects”