Voxengo Boogex 2.3 free guitar amplifier plugin released

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

29-Aug-2016: Voxengo is happy to announce the release of version 2.3 of its Boogex plugin - a free guitar amplifier and cabinet simulation plugin for professional music production applications. Plugin is available in AAX, AudioUnit, VST and VST3 plugin formats (including native 64-bit support), for Mac OS X (v10.6 and later), and Windows computers.

This version adds the gate module, the bypass switch and the new "Type 2" amplifier with a softer valve-modeled sound.

Boogex is a guitar amplifier plug-in with a variety of sound shaping features for professional music production applications. With Boogex it is possible to get a heavy distorted sound as well as slight “jazzy” saturation sound. Boogex is also able to apply any speaker cabinet impulse response (selection of built-in impulses is available). The processing latency is close to zero making it possible to use Boogex for real-time guitar processing. Boogex also includes reverberation module derived from Voxengo OldSkoolVerb reverb.

Voxengo Boogex and other audio plugins can be downloaded at the Voxengo web site: http://www.voxengo.com/product/boogex/

Thanks, updated. :tu:

Chris-S wrote:Thanks, updated. :tu:
Let me know how gate and Type2 amplifier performs.

Thanks for the update. :)

Thank you !
Is it still mono only (i think i remember that Bogex1 was not stereo) ?

sinkmusic wrote:Thank you !
Is it still mono only (i think i remember that Bogex1 was not stereo) ?
Yes, mono only, but reverb is stereo. Boogex1 was mono as well.

Is there any plan to make it mono ? It is a nice shaper for the drum buss ;)

sinkmusic wrote:Is there any plan to make it mono ? It is a nice shaper for the drum buss ;)
Stereo processing is not planned at the moment.

Hi Aleksey,

When I use an impulse from a folder instead of the built in ones I could go through that folder with the previous/next buttons to the right in (the old) boogex-one.
The new one when I click on the prv/nxt button nothing happens (version 2.01) is this changed/corrected in version 2.3 or is it still the same ?

Thanks for this great plugin :)

Thank you for the update. Will try it out later. :party:

And this one ? (it was still there in 2.01)

Don't get me wrong I really love/use this plugin a lot :hug: ( and I like the accidently different "warm" mode :) )
Aleksey Vaneev wrote:
Yeager wrote:Strange Bug ?

Load Boogex on a track don't change anything, listen to the track, the default Amp is "warm".
While playing change the Amp to "warm" (basically no change at all !), the volume drops about 3 dB.
And somehow it sounds different (could be just the volume).? :?
It's a bug which will be fixed in the next update - I've accidentally saved a different "Warm" mode into the default preset.

Yeager wrote:And this one ? (it was still there in 2.01)

Don't get me wrong I really love/use this plugin a lot :hug: ( and I like the accidently different "warm" mode :) )
Aleksey Vaneev wrote:
Yeager wrote:Strange Bug ?

Load Boogex on a track don't change anything, listen to the track, the default Amp is "warm".
While playing change the Amp to "warm" (basically no change at all !), the volume drops about 3 dB.
And somehow it sounds different (could be just the volume).? :?
It's a bug which will be fixed in the next update - I've accidentally saved a different "Warm" mode into the default preset.
Well, this bug may not be fixed in all instances - if you used an older "Warm" mode, newer "Warm" mode will sound different as it uses adjusted internal parameters. This was done to preserve backwards compatibility. This isn't really a bug.

Yeager wrote:Hi Aleksey,

When I use an impulse from a folder instead of the built in ones I could go through that folder with the previous/next buttons to the right in (the old) boogex-one.
The new one when I click on the prv/nxt button nothing happens (version 2.01) is this changed/corrected in version 2.3 or is it still the same ?

Thanks for this great plugin :)
I know about this difference, but do not plan to "fix" it soon.

you are the best Aleksey ! Thanks for your hard work on this excellent plug !
expert only on what it feels like to be me
https://soundcloud.com/mrnatural-1/tracks

Looking forward to checking this out! Boogex was one of the first amp sims I used for the comp, back when. :)

Return to “Effects”