Roland: Biggest Product Launch Ever: 30+ Products #909day

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Mushy Mushy wrote:Right so who wants an Aira themed turntable with in-built TB filters and resonance?

You haven't long to wait now for one.
"I was wondering if you'd like to try Magic Mushrooms"
"Oooh I dont know. Sounds a bit scary"
"It's not scary. You just lose a sense of who you are and all that sh!t"

Mushy Mushy wrote:Right so who wants an Aira themed turntable with in-built TB filters and resonance?

You haven't long to wait now for one.
This is the Roland and Serato thing? Serato seem keen to let the cat out of the bag on this before 909 day.

Can we expect any heavyweight Synth Releases ?

or is it going to be mostly toyish-boutique-tiny lightweight, synths from Roland ?

i.e. I would like to see Integra 8, JD-XA II, JP8000 II, ...and other heavyweights. But given this seems to be a quantity based release, I'm not taking my hopes high, and guessing this will be lots of toy-like, boutique synths, and misc. lower price tag products.

Could I be wrong ?

DJ Warmonger wrote:The chance is, one of these could be useful :hihi:
So a bunch of reintroductions of the same 4-5 synths then? 808, 909, 303, juno and jupiter?
Roland has great contribution to EDM history, but for some years they're just emulating themselves with half-assed gadgets. I'm hoping for a new take on JP-8000, though.
The people that made electronic music out of devices Roland had no idea they'd actually made are the ones that made the contribution.

The 303 was a joke on launch and people discovered the acid thing by accident.

I've owned a lot of the new Roland stuff and although a lot of it sounds decent, it universally has flaws and half baked implementation. I really am done with buying any more of their crap.

tehlord wrote:The people that made electronic music out of devices Roland had no idea they'd actually made are the ones that made the contribution.
How the hell could Roland make stuff and not know about it, I guess you mean, did not see it being used for what it was used for, and really you have no clue whatsoever if you are suggesting that.
303 designed for basslines, famous for erm Acid basslines
808 designed for drums and famous for erm drums
909 designed for drums and famous for erm drums
So please, enlighten us, what did they make they didn't know they had made (As you put it)
Duh

303 808 and 909 were made as programmable arranger devices and roland targeted them at country and western club singers for a drum and bass line backing to live vocals and acoustic guitar
Songs of American diners and whiskey jars not really we call it aceeeeid or a higher state of consciousness

Depends on how you define the word "higher"
If you dig a hole deep enough through the earths mantle and out the other side keep on going you might reach an nice mountaintop on the other side.
Synapse Audio Dune 3 I'm in love

ricwar wrote:303 808 and 909 were made as programmable arranger devices and roland targeted them at country and western club singers

this, the original 808 advert, was targetted at country and western club singers ? are you sure ?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4xI5oH6Avl4

makes me want a tr808... lol

Daags wrote:
ricwar wrote:303 808 and 909 were made as programmable arranger devices and roland targeted them at country and western club singers

this, the original 808 advert, was targetted at country and western club singers ? are you sure ?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4xI5oH6Avl4
Wow, that's really one cool ad. :) Reminds me of 80ies/90ies sci-fi movies.

"Realistic sounds"
Image Image Image Image

chk071 wrote:Reminds me of 80ies/90ies sci-fi movies.
Looks like it was inspired by TRON.

(The original from '82)

The odd thing is only that the 808 apparently came out a year earlier, ('81), so either the similarities are coincidental after all or maybe that particular 808 trailer was made a little later, i.e. when TRON was already out.

Either way, its very reminiscent.

The text of that 808 ad was legit, but the actual video is a modern production.

http://www.originworkshop.co.uk/news/20 ... ops-808ies

sprnva wrote:"Realistic sounds"
:hihi:
people at that time were visioners with unlimited imagination
i recall myself being exited by fm trumpet from yamaha psr keyboard and could swear it sounded like a real thing.

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”