Rob Papen Predator 2 will coming on 25 November :)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Predator 3

EnGee wrote:
fluffy_little_something wrote:Good to know Predator is not the problem :)

But I am surprised that Bitwig has such a bug, others would long have reported it, I suppose...
I think there is solution to it. I'll try it tomorrow morning (now I'm with this mini iPad suffering from mini insomnia :hihi: )

Anyway, I'm liking Predator more and more and it is now my to go synth. It's a very capable synth with very pleasant sound. I'm very happy that I bought it. Very curious to see what improvements Predator 2 can come with :)
Same here, loving the sound of that synth, can't wait for v2 when v1 is already that good :) There are so many goodies under the hood, like that 36db filter :) It's also amazing how the programmers made such lush pads without the wave stacking feature of other synths.

EnGee wrote:
db3 wrote:
Not sure this is the same; for me it's just the odd note doesn't seem to play correctly. Will look into it.
I have just tested it for about 5mins, and it seemed the solution mentioned has solved the problem :D
If there is a problem still, I will report back ;)

So, just right click anywhere in the 'device panel' and choose 'Auto Suspense' and set it to 'off'. What's your finding? Does it solve the problem?

No, doesn't solve my problem with random occasional glitch with played notes. NB) Glitch is sufficient to stop an arp playing.
Last edited by db3 on Sun Aug 28, 2016 9:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

db3 wrote:
EnGee wrote:
db3 wrote:
Not sure this is the same; for me it's just the odd note doesn't seem to play correctly. Will look into it.
I have just tested it for about 5mins, and it seemed the solution mentioned has solved the problem :D
If there is a problem still, I will report back ;)

So, just right click anywhere in the 'device panel' and choose 'Auto Suspense' and set it to 'off'. What's your finding? Does it solve the problem?

No, doesn't solve my problem with random occasional glitch with played notes.
I'm sorry to hear that :( I haven't tested it again to be honest. Have you report that to the support? Anyway, I hope the developers will fix it soon (but I'm not waiting, I'm using Live Intro for now).

Sorry, it was off topic. Back to Predator! It works like a charm in Live and Studio One. It consumes very low cpu indeed, but the sound is great (I'm still halfway with the factory presets!).
I feel sorry now that it didn't click with me with Predator in the past. Now with LuSH, it is from my favourite subtractive synths :D

authentic impact modelling takes a lot of cpu horsepower. I think this was the point of Roland's LA Synthesis.
Intel Core2 Quad CPU + 4 GIG RAM

Money to burn ... come on ... it is september.
AMD Ryzen 3900X & RX 5700XT, 128GB RAM, Windows 11 Pro 64-bit
Waldorf Blofeld & Pulse 2, Akai MAX49 & MPD226, Steinberg UR44 & CMC controllers
Cubase Pro 13, Nuendo 13, Wavelab Pro 12, Dorico Pro 5, Rapid Composer v5, FL Studio 21

What's new with Predator 2 compared to Predator 1?

:-o

walker1 wrote:What's new with Predator 2 compared to Predator 1?

:-o
Nobody seems to know Mr. monkey man.

Maybe a new browser, a few more simultaneous effects slots, fewer and more reasonable oversampling options, ergonomic improvements (some knobs look like they are always set to 3 o'clock, dark red arrows on black background are almost invisible), moving some of the controls from the advanced panel to the main panel, etc.

fluffy_little_something wrote:Maybe a new browser, a few more simultaneous effects slots, fewer and more reasonable oversampling options, ergonomic improvements (some knobs look like they are always set to 3 o'clock, dark red arrows on black background are almost invisible), moving some of the controls from the advanced panel to the main panel, etc.
I think you are a little conservative with your predictions sir, as they say in the press release;

"Predator 2.0 is going to be an awesome update with some breath-taking new features!"

And also;

"Note that the original Predator will remain so that you can still use Predator for the older songs."

That v2 will not be compatible with v1 patches says to me that this is a major overhaul and not just moving things around ;)
"People are stupid" Gegard Mousasi.

Yes, I know. But frankly, v1 is already so complete that it is hard for me to imagine really big improvements. No idea what that might be. But my PP account is charged no matter what :)

Yes it's a pretty feature packed synth as is and speculating on improvements is indeed hard. I'd think they'd add more types of synthesis to it.
"People are stupid" Gegard Mousasi.

shroom81 wrote:Yes it's a pretty feature packed synth as is and speculating on improvements is indeed hard. I'd think they'd add more types of synthesis to it.
They can't add too many or Rob will have to call it Blue III.

Wavetable is very fashionable right now and might make sense in the Predator architecture.

"probably late-summer-ish" .....
Is this statement still true ?? :roll:

Well there is this thing called "indian summer", and I will be soon summer on the southern hemisphere. So nobody is lying.
AMD Ryzen 3900X & RX 5700XT, 128GB RAM, Windows 11 Pro 64-bit
Waldorf Blofeld & Pulse 2, Akai MAX49 & MPD226, Steinberg UR44 & CMC controllers
Cubase Pro 13, Nuendo 13, Wavelab Pro 12, Dorico Pro 5, Rapid Composer v5, FL Studio 21

Gamma-UT wrote:
shroom81 wrote:Yes it's a pretty feature packed synth as is and speculating on improvements is indeed hard. I'd think they'd add more types of synthesis to it.
They can't add too many or Rob will have to call it Blue III.

Wavetable is very fashionable right now and might make sense in the Predator architecture.
It already has basic wavetable implementation, some of the waves are pretty useful.

Anyway, no need to rush launch, unlike with the Spire guys, RP should deliver a mature v2, I don't want to become a beta-tester after buying the upgrade 8)

Return to “Instruments”