Phrasendrescher (by Aggregati Musika)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Phrasendrescher is a complete "composition-suite" in one compact GUI. It creates progressions, cadences, rhythm-chords, bass- or melodic-lines... in high flexible ways. You can also use it as a CC (remote) step-sequencer.....
It self does not produce any sounds, but it feed all the VSTi/AU you wish!

http://aggregato.jimdo.com/instruments/phrasendrescher/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YmXHYIvkkLM
Last edited by DJ-Superherpes on Fri Jun 24, 2016 7:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

It's an innovative tool for Reaktor. Works great with vsts. Thanks for making it available.

Hi musica gym, just a short question: can you explain a little more in detail what you mean with "works great with vsts" ? I just wondering cause it is an reaktor ensemble how you integrate it in your workflow.

Hi Tatanka. In Studio One 3, I load Reaktor as an instrument track and then load PD in Reaktor.
Then I put vst or Kontakt instrument on another track and select PD as input for that track.
Then I set a four bar loop to run in host and fiddle with settings in PD while transport is running.
That is basically all I do so far with it.
What I meant by works great with vsts is that it works well and is inspiring for me.

MG:
Thx! Very good and short explanation - same workflow in Live: Pd in one track and the vsti of your choice in another track (or multiple vstis in several tracks), just using PD as midi-in.
In Bitwig you can put the vsti direct behind PD in the same track. But to route PD to several (other) tracks its much more complicated than in Live. (You need this "external"-routing to record the midi-out from PD for fine-edit in the piano-roll if you want/need).

PD helped renew my interest and use of Reaktor.
Last edited by Musical Gym on Wed Jun 29, 2016 7:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

Just playing around a bit and I wonder if someone already had figured out how to write your own notes in PD ?

Hi tatanka,

its easy:
A left-click on an existing step delete this step.
A left-click on a free space (and a slight move up) creates a single-step.
A right-click sets the startpoint for a "legato-note"; hold the right button and move the mouse to the left- or right position you want.
A double-click creates a end-note for a "legato-note".
You need these endnotes only if you want several legato-notes directly one after another.

(Sorry, i described this wrong in the info-toolbox).

With PNP (below the Controller-Lane; right-corner) you can "automatic draw" Predefined Note Phrases" to all lanes where Edit is on.
A right-click of PNP creates a random-phrase.

If you want "melodies" you have to set the "transpose-modi" to one of the "pitch-directions". And yeah you have to draw some pitches in the Pitch-Controller (or use templates with the RND-pattern, resp. creates random pitches with this via right-click). Dont worry, its all in the chosen scale.

This are the basics, there are a lot of shortys and other stunts, but for the first lession it should be enough;-)

(BTW: nice name;-)

o.k., thanks for the reply.

I just recently realised a little problem I could not really figure out: it seems for me that in SOME daw SOMETIMES the status of the presets/flex will not be saved ? Sorry for the not very clear description but it happen for example in Mulab one time, I could reproduce it a few times (closing/opening song in mulab, the chosen flex was gone EVRY time) in this session, on another day it dont happen. In Tracktion until now I did not have that problem and with other reaktor ensembles I never had that in mulab before.

Maybe someone else had comparable problems ?

Sorry for the delay, but i had to take a rast for several reasons.
But now i am back and here comes the "quarter-news" ;-)

In a few days there will come a new instrument, called "Teppichleger" and its a speciaist for
soundscapes/collages/textures, ambient, industrial, score-stuff.... with its own samples in it.

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=468900

It used lot of code from Effekthascher (and the first version has the same "popular toxic-green"-View .-),
but because this, there is a special price for all EH-Owner.
And of course its free for all LTA-customer.

############

@tatanka

All this SOMETIMES you describe above is fixed in Teppichleger/Effekthascher. It was fixed in 10 secondes, but it took a big while to reproduce/and locate it.
In PD i could not reproduce a behavior like that. The current PD uses another flex-system than EH/TL and the upcoming stuff.
If this happens in PD, please describe it more in detail!
PD 2 will also support this general AM-Flex-System, but not now, i plan to realize PD 2 in winter. (no worry, its free for all PD 1- owner)

#############
But until winter there will come a small service-update (only fixes and missbehaivor-optimations) for PD1 in September.

How do I get hold of the updates? I can't find a user area on the site.

DJ-Superherpes wrote:In a few days there will come a new instrument, called "Teppichleger" and its a speciaist for soundscapes/collages/textures, ambient, industrial, score-stuff.... with its own samples in it.
Interesting, but it is for Reaktor only, or also VST/AU ?

Hi amused,

as far as I know updates are sent per email only at the moment (please write email to dj-superherpes if you are missing some updates). Until now there only have been updates for Effekthascher (1.3), Teppichleger is just coming out next week, for PD there have not been any updates so far.

Numanoid: no, its only for Reaktor but you can of course use your vst behind it cause its only midi coming out. Works well in Mulab/Tracktion (tested from me), Bitwig and Ableton (develloper uses this ones as far as I know).

@ tatanka
Thx, yes i confirm!

@amused
With your purchase you should be with your email-adress (from the contract) in my database. Just email me directly, use the contact of my HP, or PM me here!

@ numanoid
Yup, you need reaktor. But you can use the free-player! In this case you have 30 Minutes by each start - mostly more time than enough to create a progression/some melodies. If not, start again! The only missing think in that case - you can not save the state of it/or making (save) user-presets. But there are a lot of factory-snaps and templates/patterns in it - by each start you can use any of them as "base" and you will need only some minutes to get what exactly you want, also with some variations!
And you can record the output (the variations) for your DAW-piano-roll.

So, for PD you dont need the full reaktor-version, but of course its more comfortable with it, especially if you want your own snaps!
For EH, TL... which are more "song-in-progress-plugs", that 30 minutes only can be a really hard limitation!
But for PD - mostly you dont need the whole time-window of the free-player: You can customize a PD-preset very fast to your wished progressions/rhythm-chords, bass- or melody-lines...! But dont forget to record the stream between the 30 minutes!

DJS is back from holiday and is asking for feature requests for Phrasendrescher 2.0 :love:
also he is asking for a new GUI layout whishes, cause he will rework it completly (bigger elements)
PD2.0 work will begin these days, so don`t wait too long :)

- i like the GUI colour of the PRE version from WR shown in the video of this thread in the first post and generally i like dark grey GUIs. the mini-PD in WR looks cool too

Feature Requests:
- each note lane generally octave shiftable (additional to the note octave modulation sequencer)
- each note lane volume/velocity "knob" like in the youtube videos of DJS (my version doesn`t have that feature)
- mod sequencer for Steplength/position (inserting random triplets, dotted, double, half speed for each step)
- generally triplet, dotted, normal mode (would this work in combination with the mod seq just named before?)
- mod sequencer for Notelength in relationship to steplength ( just a factor, for example 0.33, 0.5, 1) which would make the gate mode redundant? or in combination? impossible? not needed?
- Jazz mode for Octave plus plus (see screenshot): Jazz players sometimes doesnt play the note 1 or 2 octave higher, but instead they play the note around the octaves (+11 and +13 or +23 and +25 semitones of the basenote)
- harmonikum: please add more notes for 9th and maybe 11th and 13th chords ? (which would result in more lanes for the sequencer? 6-7?)
- introdution/exploring Videos made by David Coffin like he made for WR :tu: :love: this will help everybody to tame this beast
- probability based random generators for steps as well as harmonikum notes and variations ? (rifflab comes into my mind) maybe it already works this way internally, make it editable in view B (expert settings) like david has explored it in the WR video?
- all new features from miniPD in Wellenreiter 1.2

doesn`t know why the pic isn`t working. here is the link:
https://picload.org/view/rppgipwl/octshift.png.html

this is just a brainstorming, maybe some things are impossible or "too much work". but i think DJS like to challenge himself :)

anyway, thanks for all the outstanding stuff you have already made, Max! :love:

cheers
thala
Last edited by Thala on Sat Jul 15, 2017 10:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Instruments”