Klanghelm DC1A 2 (free) released & DC8C updated to V 2.1

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
DC1A DC8C

Igro wrote:Cool news. Just curious, will any of the new stuff have a look-ahead feature?
The new comps won't have look ahead, but I'll add look ahead to DC8C. I want to integrate it in the "pre-attack" control. I just have to make up my mind how to do this without screwing up existing projects, that use DC8C already.

Tony

I am late on purchasing the DC8c2. I have all of the other offerings by Klanghelm. I purchased this the other day and am testing at the moment on various material. Its seems pretty good!!! Thought I would re-spark the thread and get some opinions on what they thought on the DC8C2. Are they still using this or have they replaced it with other comps? This thread has been dead for a while ?

Thanks Kindly

I hope it's not as hungry as mujc. The "jr" version was fine, but the full version is much hungrier. And forget about the HQ setting if you want to use it on several tracks :o

I'm still using DC8C regularly. It's still my main "shaper" compressor. If I need to exaggerate transients, DC8C can do it. If I need to clamp down on specific transients in a specific frequency range, DC8C comes to the resque. If I need to give a groove "more groove" DC8C does it as well.
"Wisdom is wisdom, regardless of the idiot who said it." -an idiot

yeah to be honest I am using all the Slate Comps & MJuc as my character emu comps and wanted one clean comp so figured this would be the one to get..........and went for it!!!!!

incubus wrote:I hope it's not as hungry as mujc. The "jr" version was fine, but the full version is much hungrier. And forget about the HQ setting if you want to use it on several tracks :o
I'd say it's time for you to get a new computer... :razz;

(of course you also shouldn't forget to switch to mono on mono-sources)
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

incubus wrote:I hope it's not as hungry as mujc. The "jr" version was fine, but the full version is much hungrier. And forget about the HQ setting if you want to use it on several tracks :o
DC8C2 has been really low on CPU. it also low on my computer on the oversampling x4 or x8. I shouldn't say real low but workable is a better word. Mjuc on my system isn't that bad either. It also depends on your computer speed. I'm impressed so far.

Cheers for bumping this thread! I was considering the DC8C2 - I understand it has a Dbx160 preset... does it get pretty close to the usual suspects? Waves, NI, SKnote, ect... :phones:
"Yeah Butch tell Paul McCartney what to do..." - Dave Grohl, Sound City

Hi. I have request for DC8C.
First.

There should be automatically disable saturation when value is set to 0 at easy modes.
Saturation is alyways enabled and generates unwanted distortion when set at 0 on easy mode.

There should be more slots in easy mode - maybe complex mode and clean mode - or better.
Custom slots with rename from drop down menu where are located easy modes list.

I would like to see more options to control saturation and more knee modes - maybe even draw mode for knee option.

Return to “Effects”