Rob Papen Predator 2 will coming on 25 November :)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Predator 3

If you have the Explorer 3 bundle, and then want Predator 2, the upgrade is 70 bucks but that will also include RP Verb 2. I'm not sure of the qualifying time frame though.
Last edited by Nocturnal909 on Thu Aug 25, 2016 12:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

Nocturnal909 wrote:If you have the Explorer 3 bundle, and then want Predator 2, the upgrade is 70 bucks but that will also include RP Verb 2. I'm not sure of the time frame though.
I begin to be interested in Explorer 3. I have some questions about it, but I will start a new thread :)

What is the copy protection for Papen synths?
Intel Core2 Quad CPU + 4 GIG RAM

I had to enter a long key during the installation process.

electro wrote:What is the copy protection for Papen synths?
Since he released RP-AMod he is using a challange response system...

as it looks now

Serail Number:
Predator, SubBoomBass, Blade, RG, RP-VERB, RP-Delay, RP-Distort, Predator-PL

Challange Response:
eXplorer-III, BLUE-II, RAW, RP-EQ, Punch, Punch-BD, RP-AMOD, EDM, Urban

Nocturnal909 wrote:If you have the Explorer 3 bundle, and then want Predator 2, the upgrade is 70 bucks but that will also include RP Verb 2. I'm not sure of the qualifying time frame though.
Yeah, that give me headache as eXplorer-III user: I personally don't need a Verb2 and only interested in an upgrade to Predator2. At least it should be possible to update for a lower price and without Verb2.
Whoever wants music instead of noise, joy instead of pleasure, soul instead of gold, creative work instead of business, passion instead of foolery, finds no home in this trivial world of ours.

EnGee wrote:
However, I think there is a bug. It's periodically becomes silent when pressing a key. I'm not sure if it's every 15mins or 30mins. It's sure there, but difficult to notice. There is also a screen blink when I use the mouse, for example, after keep clicking and moving the cutoff frequency of the filter. I'm not sure if those bugs are related to Window 10 or to Bitwig. I need to be sure of them in another host today before I report them to RP.
The bug is not in Predator, but in Bitwig :( I tried Predator in other hosts, and there was no such problem. In Bitwig, however, it happens with all instruments, every 5 minutes or less, a key that pressed doesn't sound, although I see the midi signal transmited to the synth!
I think this is might be from the new update. I'll report that bug to Bitwig support and see :neutral:

Good to know Predator is not the problem :)

But I am surprised that Bitwig has such a bug, others would long have reported it, I suppose...

Interesting if they will keep compatibility with predator v1 (which i don't have)? Hopefully not, so they can make some major changes where needed (which otherwise wouldn't be possible).

I don't think they will be compatible because it said somewhere that one will be able to run both versions at the same time, which would make no sense if one could load v1 patches into v2.

EnGee wrote: periodically...a key that pressed doesn't sound
I also noticed this with Predator in Bitwig, but haven't noticed with other instruments. The only other plugin I have issues with in Bitwig is SDRR which intermittently produces an audio dropout. Might be related.

fluffy_little_something wrote:Good to know Predator is not the problem :)

But I am surprised that Bitwig has such a bug, others would long have reported it, I suppose...
I think there is solution to it. I'll try it tomorrow morning (now I'm with this mini iPad suffering from mini insomnia :hihi: )

Anyway, I'm liking Predator more and more and it is now my to go synth. It's a very capable synth with very pleasant sound. I'm very happy that I bought it. Very curious to see what improvements Predator 2 can come with :)

db3 wrote:
EnGee wrote: periodically...a key that pressed doesn't sound
I also noticed this with Predator in Bitwig, but haven't noticed with other instruments. The only other plugin I have issues with in Bitwig is SDRR which intermittently produces an audio dropout. Might be related.
Have you tried the solution in this thread?
http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic ... 9&t=467966

Not sure this is the same; for me it's just the odd note doesn't seem to play correctly. Will look into it.

db3 wrote:
Not sure this is the same; for me it's just the odd note doesn't seem to play correctly. Will look into it.
I have just tested it for about 5mins, and it seemed the solution mentioned has solved the problem :D
If there is a problem still, I will report back ;)

So, just right click anywhere in the 'device panel' and choose 'Auto Suspense' and set it to 'off'. What's your finding? Does it solve the problem?

Return to “Instruments”