Omnisphere 2 is here! (yes, it's really here!)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Omnisphere 1 Omnisphere 2

I'm hoping it's regarding the addition of one new Omnisphere sound "Dawn 2 Dusk" from the JV-1080. :D

iPlogger wrote:I'm hoping it's regarding the addition of one new Omnisphere sound "Dawn 2 Dusk" from the JV-1080. :D
I'd be happy if they release Integrasphere :D
Kaossilatron - Voicillator
Station: Ableton Live 10 Suite, Obscurium, Push 2, Ultranova, MS-20m, Wavedrums

7 days and they're following a camel :!:

Since it (functionally) went on sale early May 2015 would less than even a year and a half be too soon to ask for money for another premium product? I am a "VIP member" so it would not be as $$$ painful, but I would imagine it has been some years where people have purchased Stylus after its heyday so a huge portion of Omniites are not eligible for a larger discount. Is it even too soon for a 2.5 update? Maybe my perception is off because the wait from Omni to v2 was so long and now they have laid the infrastructure for faster development.

They are going to announce that Apple bought them for a billion dollars, and they are gonna drop all PC support and go Mac only. ;)
Last edited by Ben H on Sat Aug 27, 2016 3:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
My main tools: Kontakt, Omnisphere, Samplemodeling + Audio Modeling. Akai VIP = godsend. Tari's libraries also rock.

It's a new DAW with advanced hardware integration like maschine, exclusively for linux.
High Quality Soundsets for Lush-101 | Hive | Electra 2 | Diversion | Halion | Largo | Rapid | Dune II | Thorn | and more.

TTU Youtube

Trillian 2 hopefully

Omnisphere 2 iOS app :D

Cinebient wrote:Omnisphere 2 iOS app :D
That WOULD be a buzzkill...
http://www.guyrowland.co.uk
http://www.sound-on-screen.com
W10, i7 7820X, 64gb RAM, RME Babyface, 1050ti, PT 2023 Ultimate, Cubase Pro 13
Macbook Air M2 OSX 10.15

noiseboyuk wrote:
Cinebient wrote:Omnisphere 2 iOS app :D
That WOULD be a buzzkill...
Why?
I mean developers seems not be able to create great multi-touch apps and GUI´s for windows 10.
So i would love it.
Of course i know it will never happen (at least not in the next few years)!

Well for one thing, how would you fit all of Omnisphere's content on an iPad?
If there is an update for Omnisphere, it's going to be even bigger than 2 - and how many people have that much storage
on their tablets?

Well, obviously an Onni app wouldn't literally have all the same sound sources, there's tons you could do with some of the wavetables and a selected bunch of small soundsources. It would be pretty popular I guess, but it would be a fairly boring outcome to me personally. If you could load a cubasis project with an Onmi app into full Cubase and full Onni it might just pique my interest. But hey what am I saying - this is all wildly wild speculation, hopefully it's something altogether more interesting.
http://www.guyrowland.co.uk
http://www.sound-on-screen.com
W10, i7 7820X, 64gb RAM, RME Babyface, 1050ti, PT 2023 Ultimate, Cubase Pro 13
Macbook Air M2 OSX 10.15

crystalmsc wrote:I'm hoping for the new version of Stylus, but they gave a hint about something entirely new a while ago. Let's see!
Yes, I have stopped using Stylus due to how out dated the sounds are and inability to add new samples.
--After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music.

-Aldous Huxley

Slaapstadseun wrote:Well for one thing, how would you fit all of Omnisphere's content on an iPad?
If there is an update for Omnisphere, it's going to be even bigger than 2 - and how many people have that much storage
on their tablets?
Plus an iPad would not have even remotely close to the needed hardware to make a good 80% of the patches run.

Mystic wrote:
Slaapstadseun wrote:Well for one thing, how would you fit all of Omnisphere's content on an iPad?
on their tablets?
Plus an iPad would not have even remotely close to the needed hardware to make a good 80% of the patches run.
Not sure, i think iPad Pro's are fine these days. They have up to 256 GB space. RAM would be the biggest issue i think....and iOS itself.
But then i still prefer it here and there even with limits because OSX and windows having a lot bloatware going along with.
2-3 years and they can't ignore it anymore.....

Return to “Instruments”