VST vocal harmony plugs?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

yep. different workflow but the absolute best IMO. I can't believe I forgot about it.

Top stuff, 64 bit, au/vst/aax - highly recommended.

melodyne studio is of course an option too.

There really is a lot these days! Remember when it was only steinberg voice harmoniser plugin from spectral design that did this sort of thing? then harmony engine from antares (can sound fake but it's got it's uses), then a whole lot of others appeared. :)

TheoM wrote:
tonymax wrote:have you tried pitchometry

http://aegeanmusic.com/pitchometry

tony

tbh i won't even bother at that price.. i got nectar for under 100, 30% more money for about 500% more plugin.. besides the harmoniser/doubler, add breath control, de esser, reverb, delay, saturation, autotuning graphically, compressor, expander/gate, limiter, and a misc fx section. And it uses radius pitch shift.. you can't really get much better than that but you can be equal IMO, so at best pitchometry would be equal.. in other words it needs to be 39$ max. (IMO).

Nectar is the most sensible purchase one could ever buy for vocal treatment to this day.

(imo)

EDIT: watched pitchometry demo video, all that work for an example at the end that sounded horrific.. sorry.... for me no point in demoing at all.
Thanks I ended up buying an upgrade to Nectar 2 Production Suite...it is a superb program (even without the harmony module!!)

Guys. Melodyne, Vielklang, etc. are not it. OP wants to use it live. Not tweaking recorded material, literally live, straight out of the microphone.

miden wrote:
TheoM wrote:
tonymax wrote:have you tried pitchometry

http://aegeanmusic.com/pitchometry

tony

tbh i won't even bother at that price.. i got nectar for under 100, 30% more money for about 500% more plugin.. besides the harmoniser/doubler, add breath control, de esser, reverb, delay, saturation, autotuning graphically, compressor, expander/gate, limiter, and a misc fx section. And it uses radius pitch shift.. you can't really get much better than that but you can be equal IMO, so at best pitchometry would be equal.. in other words it needs to be 39$ max. (IMO).

Nectar is the most sensible purchase one could ever buy for vocal treatment to this day.

(imo)

EDIT: watched pitchometry demo video, all that work for an example at the end that sounded horrific.. sorry.... for me no point in demoing at all.
Thanks I ended up buying an upgrade to Nectar 2 Production Suite...it is a superb program (even without the harmony module!!)
Great! Hope you get a lot of use out of it:) glad I could help

nineofkings wrote:Guys. Melodyne, Vielklang, etc. are not it. OP wants to use it live. Not tweaking recorded material, literally live, straight out of the microphone.
Yep exactly! thx

And Nectar 2 Production Suite can be used live with no latency. It really is quite brilliant and worth every cent of the upgrade. I got mine a bit cheaper than the online special as I already had Nectar Elements.

I like that one. An intelligent vocal arranging plugin.

TheoM wrote:melda harmony sounds crap. Even vojtech said that himself.. it was never designed for realistic harmonies.
I've made plenty of harmony parts with it that sound at least as good as the harmonizer in nectar. For near realtime use it's about as good as anything. Fake harmonies generally sound fake regardless of how their generated. At least with the melda plugin's robust modulation system it can be humanized in neat ways that make it pretty flexible.
Don't F**K with Mr. Zero.

Return to “Effects”