Which vst effect can do substractive spectral denoising using a sidechain audio signal?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Well, I'd hate this conversation to end on a note of confusion so I'll add that I agree with Mr n9.

Know your tools. A guitarist knows how to touch his strings and how to maintain his fingers. A sculpture knows how to touch limestone and how to maintain his chisel. A cook knows how to create an environment ready to treat/change the food he undertands. An electronic musician should really have an understanding of the basic principles of electronic music, what the tools can achieve and how.

Unfortunately Jedinhopy's recent questions sound more like an electronic musician who hasn't quite grasped some of the, admittedly, more complicated concepts we need to understand in order to manipulate digital/analogue audio.

I find the attitude here at KVR sometimes a TINY bit snobbish and "what the f*** are you doing here asking the sonic gods THAT you quivering idiot" responses are not uncommon; one does need a strong character to survive the onslaught. Jedinhopy's done well to keep returning to these threads which often end without result.

Just like this one.

CinningBao wrote:I find the attitude here at KVR sometimes a TINY bit snobbish and "what the f*** are you doing here asking the sonic gods THAT you quivering idiot" responses are not uncommon; one does need a strong character to survive the onslaught. Jedinhopy's done well to keep returning to these threads which often end without result.
If Jedinhopy had ever bothered responding sensibly to the questions or suggestions he gets from the people who do try to help him, in any manner that wasnt either a complete non-sequitur, a ridiculous moved goalpost, or a complaint that some random audio tool hasnt been built just for him, then the last five years of his threads might actually have gone quite differently.
But he consistently, persistently refuses to engage in providing any useful context or explanation to those who, despite everything, keep returning to these threads to try to help him.
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

Jedinhopy, genuine and sincere request. Could you post something of yours please. I would love to hear what your doing with all these wacky tools.
"I was wondering if you'd like to try Magic Mushrooms"
"Oooh I dont know. Sounds a bit scary"
"It's not scary. You just lose a sense of who you are and all that sh!t"

You, Mr whyterabbyt, and your voice can be, I find, unnecessarily disparaging and not positively helpful. I, myself, have found belittling those around me does not make me feel any better in the long term, and it most definitely doesn't help anybody else.. My recently deceased mother taught me not to rise to others attacks, and with that advice I have found a certain calm.

Sometimes the things we say are more for our own satisfaction instead of actually trying to help somebody, don't you find?

I'm sure if we were all to stand in the same room and have a face-to-face conversation you wouldn't respond in the way you do here with your real speaking voice. Or maybe you would? I don't actually know you, like none of us actually know anybody until we look them in the eyes and say hello.

Sorry if you feel these words are not relevant to you.

In a nutshell, can't we just be decent to each other?

being decent to each other is a two way street. if you ask for help, and in return to help provided, behave like an asshole, expect people to treat you like one next time.
I don't know what to write here that won't be censored, as I can only speak in profanity.

Burillo wrote:being decent to each other is a two way street. if you ask for help, and in return to help provided, behave like an asshole, expect people to treat you like one next time.
Genau

In another three years, when Ive posted another 100 times trying to get the OP to contribute usefully to the solution of his problems, this may still be the only thread of his you've ever taken part in. Im sure you'll still congratulate yourself as being much more 'positively' helpful, than I am, though.

I do not congratulate myself, maybe that's something you do? My participation is irrelevant.

All I see are people not communicating effectively to each other. And although you think you're being helpful, the way in which you express yourself over this medium does not invite people to connect with you. I'm sure in the real world you're probably a reasonable chap who isn't sneering through every sentence. Sure, we all think we're good at what ever we do and know, but you have an arrogance which is quite unattractive and unapproachable.

However, at <your preferred socal event> I'm sure you're quite a decent individual.

CinningBao wrote:I do not congratulate myself, maybe that's something you do? My participation is irrelevant.

All I see are people not communicating effectively to each other. And although you think you're being helpful, the way in which you express yourself over this medium does not invite people to connect with you. I'm sure in the real world you're probably a reasonable chap who isn't sneering through every sentence. Sure, we all think we're good at what ever we do and know, but you have an arrogance which is quite unattractive and unapproachable.

However, at <your preferred socal event> I'm sure you're quite a decent individual.
Spoken like someone sneering through every sentence, with an arrogance that is quite unnattractive and unapproachable.

Wow. You're quite the charmer, and quite the most brilliant mis-reader. Maybe you are as judgemental and unapproachable in real-life as you are here.

I'll choose not to converse with you again in future. Another win-win. Big hugs :)

CinningBao wrote:Wow. You're quite the charmer, and quite the most brilliant mis-reader. Maybe you are as judgemental and unapproachable in real-life as you are here.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Psychological_projection

So smart, yes.

CinningBao wrote:So smart, yes.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dMeZCPbM6bA

Sorry, I went to the kitchen to get some tea. What did I miss?

CinningBao, thanks for screwing that thread up. Good job :tu:

Return to “Effects”