FIXED Ilok plugins dont work with Windows 10

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

@Algotezza: Do you have a direct link to where that fix is documented at UVI.net? I can't find it anywhere on their support pages.

Nothing but problems with iKok and condescending smart ass responses from Pace since Win 10 "uprade". Thank GOD I don't have too many pluggies that depend on this draconian protection scheme. I've about had it dildoes...er, um .....dongles.
the secrets to old age: Faster horses, Richer Women, Bigger CPU's

https://soundcloud.com/cristofe-chabot/sets/main

Strange, doing the upgrade to Windows 10 worked great for me.

Then about two weeks later my hard drive started spitting out bad sectors...it got worse and I could no longer clone the drive. I started backing up my data. It was a heavily used 3 year old Seagate drive.

Ultimately I did a fresh install of Windows 8.1 (so I could install Cubase 8 pro with Quicktime) on a new hard drive (WD Black, since all my data and samples are on SSDs) and then updated to Windows 10. Reinstalled the 543,293 plugins I own (including Codemeter, eLicenser and iLok ) and everything works like charm, again.

Jon

Canopus wrote:@Algotezza: Do you have a direct link to where that fix is documented at UVI.net? I can't find it anywhere on their support pages.
Doesn't matter if it's there or not. Follow what's in the post - It works, as I can testify.

BTW - It's a shame that Pace (again) is creating troubles to users, in spite of being warned (by me, at least) several months ago that their installers and application have problems in Windows 10. At the time they replied me that it was still a "Preview" and that, by the time MS will release it, they will be ready. They weren't, as I already expected (they should have solved the issues immediately after I reported them).
Fernando (FMR)

(Edit) Problem with background process:
In Windows10 search box type "services" ..scroll down to "Pace" -> Properties -> Set from "Automatic" to "Automatic(delayed)" -> restart Windows ..wait 5min ->start Ilok App.

Ilok works without problems after that.
- WonderEcho -

I installed all the updates for windows 10 about 3 days ago. After that all AIR instruments failed. After trying for hours finally it worked. First uninstall PACE iLok, and at the end when it will ask to restart the computer, restart it (do NOT choose to restart the computer later). After restarting the computer download the latest version of PACE iLok, install it, and that's it! Installing the last version of PACE iLOk also takes care of the resolution problem for those who use 4K monitors. The software from AIR Music Tech are working fine, the newest version of PACE iLok solves all the problems with updates and with 4K monitors! Simple but it works!!!

right klinke... if set to delayed auto start service... it fixed the pace service being stopped during win10 startups for me. cheers

jay
"There is no strength in numbers... have no such misconception... but when you need me be assured I won't be far away."

this thread helped out alot. everytime windows rolls out a new update I go through this issue.

thanks

Thanks I'll try that.

Setting Pace to Delayed Start in the System control is an absolute must.

SoundGoddess wrote:Weird, mine is set to auto-start but the service wasn't running for some reason. I'm not a big fan of DRM, I'm on the fence and may sell my plugin since I haven't used it on a lot of projects.
What I do is control+Alt delete, go to task manager/ go to services, right click any service/ go to open services/ find PACE License Services, right click and start before a session

Return to “Effects”