What software do you use to do mastering?

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

What software do you use to do your own mastering?

Do you use your DAW or a specific piece of software, such as WaveLab?

Thanks

I use my DAW (Reaper) except to create DDP images for CD replication which I do with Wavelab.

I use Reaper as well, as Renoise isn't exactly the most convenient DAW to handle audio tracks.

Wavelab + Ozone + FabFilter Pro-L handle the majority of my mastering/finalizing needs.
Logic Pro | PolyBrute | MatrixBrute | MiniFreak | Prophet 6 | Trigon 6 | OB-6 | Rev2 | Pro 3 | SE-1X | Polar TI2 | Blofeld | RYTMmk2 | Digitone | Syntakt | Digitakt | Integra-7

I generally do stuff in Audacity except for adjusting track mix levels, which is done in-DAW. So all captured audio preparation is done in Audacity as is finalisation of the mix.

REAPER

I suck at it, but Samplitude is fantastic for mastering..I get this from those who do it for a living on the Samp forums...tbh though not only mastering but also mixing are my weak points and I have decided that it's better to shop those out to compliment my playing.
The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another's world. It requires profound, purpose‐larger‐than‐the‐self kind of understanding.

Sequoia...
Don't ask me, I just play here.

Studio one pro

I use Reaper to do all my professional mastering.
Mastering from £30 per track \\\
Facebook \\\ #masteredbyloz

I used Wavelab + Waves plugins many years ago, but only using Ozone 7 Advanced now. The new version of Wavelab is interesting though.
Kaossilatron - Voicillator
Station: Ableton Live 10 Suite, Obscurium, Push 2, Ultranova, MS-20m, Wavedrums

do_androids_dream wrote:I use Reaper to do all my professional mastering.
Uh huh, so then, what software do you use for all your amateur mastering?

MarlaPodolski wrote:
Oh, SNAP! :wink: (Do...do the kids still say that? I don't wanna look like I'm clueless.)

I use SoundForge for all my amateur and professional mastering. I like the work flow a bit better than WaveLab, though that certainly has its strengths.

Steve
Here's some of my stuff: https://soundcloud.com/shadowsoflife. If you hear something you like, I'm looking for collaborators.

I use Soundforge.

MarlaPodolski wrote:
Haha.. yeah I just wanted to put it out there.. A lot of people seem to consider Reaper somehow not a 'pro' product - I bust that myth everyday lol

One can 'master' in just about any environment that allows plug in hosting.
Mastering from £30 per track \\\
Facebook \\\ #masteredbyloz

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”