Cytomic "The Drop" Resonant Filter

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
The Drop

softska wrote:Is discount for produc still available? I finally able to login on the new web site today, but no longer see the 30% discount (i own the glue)
The 30% discount is still available for customers with an order of USD 99 or more and that still own the license. Please email me and so I can have a look into it for you!
The Glue, The Drop - www.cytomic.com

Hi Andy, email'ed but no reply.. any email ever reached you from sales@cytomic.com?

softska wrote:Hi Andy, email'ed but no reply.. any email ever reached you from sales@cytomic.com?
Yep gotit :) Moved house and studio on the weekend and just back at proper work today, please check your email for a reply :tu:

Take your time it's a freebie that update and I really like the new website.

If the next update isn't going to include the new filter algos, do you have an idea on when those would be ready? I really love the sound clips of the Wasp filter and the one you posted as a teaser for the FSU knob..

The most beautiful experience we can have is the mysterious ; it is the
fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science.
-- Albert Einstein

etherdesign wrote:If the next update isn't going to include the new filter algos, do you have an idea on when those would be ready? I really love the sound clips of the Wasp filter and the one you posted as a teaser for the FSU knob..
The new web page is working great, and I've just finished moving house and office, so I'm back into regular work again today. I'll get an update for The Drop done in the next couple of weeks, then it will take another two to four weeks to get a release done with the new models and the FSU / Nuke knob (and expanded modulation area). I'm also adding a phase offset to LFO1 and few other little things. Exciting times!

andy-cytomic wrote: The new web page is working great, and I've just finished moving house and office, so I'm back into regular work again today. I'll get an update for The Drop done in the next couple of weeks, then it will take another two to four weeks to get a release done with the new models and the FSU / Nuke knob (and expanded modulation area). I'm also adding a phase offset to LFO1 and few other little things. Exciting times!
Wow you have been busy :o The new page looks great yeah, very clean look.. As a (studying) web developer I'm also interested in the fact that you might open source that audio player on your page, it's really slick.. Exciting times indeed, those updates sound awesome!

-- Albert Einstein

I want to improve the authorisation system and would like your feedback on this idea:

Currently there is one authorisation per year, with the first 5 pre-allocated. I want to change this and allow for 2 authorisations per year with none pre-allocated so the first year you just get two auths. I will also add another "floating temporary" authorisation, which will allow you to use the software for 1 week chunks on any computer you want. This will mean you can visit a studio / friends place and use your Cytomic software for a week while you record, then it will timeout.

I will also make the switch to use the "primary network interface id" as the main source of the machine ID, most computers have a network card (wifi / wired etc) even if you never use it I can still read its ID reliably. This will be more robust than the current "motherboard id" I am using, and many motherboards don't properly report this.

Seems fair to me, but I only ever use it on just one computer and don't change hardware that much, but I might this year.. The floating temporary license thing is pretty clever though, and it sounds like it could for sure come in handy, I've never heard of something like that before..

-- Albert Einstein

I like iLok.
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

Aloysius wrote:I like iLok.
here we go...

Aloysius wrote:I like iLok.
I like NO LOCK! :love:
"The educated person is one who knows how to find out what he does not know" - George Simmel
“It's what you learn after you know it all that counts.” - John Wooden

andy-cytomic wrote:I want to improve the authorisation system and would like your feedback on this idea:

Currently there is one authorisation per year, with the first 5 pre-allocated. I want to change this and allow for 2 authorisations per year with none pre-allocated so the first year you just get two auths. I will also add another "floating temporary" authorisation, which will allow you to use the software for 1 week chunks on any computer you want. This will mean you can visit a studio / friends place and use your Cytomic software for a week while you record, then it will timeout.

I will also make the switch to use the "primary network interface id" as the main source of the machine ID, most computers have a network card (wifi / wired etc) even if you never use it I can still read its ID reliably. This will be more robust than the current "motherboard id" I am using, and many motherboards don't properly report this.
That would be ok for me.
I just remember, when i was still working on windows, that i had to turn off the network card, or else dpc latency checker would spike.
And i don´t know if the network card would still report an id when turned off in the device hardware manager.
Last edited by Bathrobe on Tue Sep 06, 2016 9:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

Bathrobe wrote: And i don´t know if the network card would still report an id when turned off in the device hardware manager.
IIRC, this used to trip up the IK authoriser. The OS card would report "Network card? What network card?", leading to the generation of a different machine ID that the authoriser didn't recognise.

This may have been fixed in later OSs as I think the problem was mostly on Windows machine for a few years after the point IK dumped the dongle.

Bathrobe wrote: I just remember, when i was still working on windows, that i had to turn off the network card, or else dpc latency checker would spike.
And i don´t know if the network card would still report an id when turned off in the device hardware manager.

This the my real concern, cause my DAW have as little "networking" as possible and I can't recall exactly how hard I tweaked my win7 since I mainly just done it a couple of times but my previous XP system didn't even know there was such a thing called network.

I can't se myself to be forced to have network stuff running wild for a copy protection, even if the drop is mainly my favorite plugin. All windows systems I have had at least the last 10 years have had huge problems with their network with regarding to get a solid DAW system setup.

_

Return to “Effects”