Which vst effect can do substractive spectral denoising using a sidechain audio signal?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Ah_Dziz wrote:There is also a plugin that will simply let you draw out whatever you want to get rid of in a spectrogram. I can't r member the name of it but for whatever weird thing you're attempting it will do it. It will just take time.
All instruments does not sound like a sinewave played in their own octave.

Ah_Dziz wrote:There is also a plugin that will simply let you draw out whatever you want to get rid of in a spectrogram. I can't r member the name of it but for whatever weird thing you're attempting it will do it. It will just take time.
Photosounder will let you do that.

I've carefully read what OP is asking for and all the updates. The answer is that what is being described doesn't exist because of the way sound itself works. Russel said once that most unanswerable questions were bad questions. I believe that this is the case here.

I like sound. I'm actually very much pro-sound. My idol, Mr. Eno, found a lot of amazing things to do with procedures and processes and sound. But the key here is *sound.* The real, actual sound. If you're not working with real sound you're just talking. And you can talk about an infinite number of scenarios regarding "sound" and processing it and almost all of them will be nonsensical... they don't apply to the real thing. That said, though, there is so much that you can do in the domain of real sound as I believe that what is possible with sound is infinitely deep.

It is my view that it is far better to plumb the depths of the real than to speculate in some infinite space of the unreal. As an aside, the best thing about exploration is that it actually gives you the understanding and intuition about how sound actually works that you CAN think to yourself, "what if I put this through an M/S processor, then side chained the M into a spectral vocoder with the S as a carrier, and then figured out some way to phase cancel the result out of the original sound?" And to have that relate to something that is possible and real. Be pro-sound.

My two cents.

n9 wrote:I've carefully read what OP is asking for and all the updates. The answer is that what is being described doesn't exist because of the way sound itself works. Russel said once that most unanswerable questions were bad questions. I believe that this is the case here.

I like sound. I'm actually very much pro-sound. My idol, Mr. Eno, found a lot of amazing things to do with procedures and processes and sound. But the key here is *sound.* The real, actual sound. If you're not working with real sound you're just talking. And you can talk about an infinite number of scenarios regarding "sound" and processing it and almost all of them will be nonsensical... they don't apply to the real thing. That said, though, there is so much that you can do in the domain of real sound as I believe that what is possible with sound is infinitely deep.

It is my view that it is far better to plumb the depths of the real than to speculate in some infinite space of the unreal. As an aside, the best thing about exploration is that it actually gives you the understanding and intuition about how sound actually works that you CAN think to yourself, "what if I put this through an M/S processor, then side chained the M into a spectral vocoder with the S as a carrier, and then figured out some way to phase cancel the result out of the original sound?" And to have that relate to something that is possible and real. Be pro-sound.

My two cents.
Phase cancellation does not work if all the phases are discarded.

What I *think* is being asked for is something like this:
Imagine a spectrogram of a monophonic lead/bass synth line. Looks not too dissimilar to its MIDI file (aside from pitchbends etc.), yes?
Now imagine a spectrogram of, say, a track of pads. Another of keys, another of drums.
What I think Jedinhopy's looking for is a plugin to used as a send on the mono track, and a receive on the others, and to use the "positive" of the mono track as a "negative" on the others, to "burn holes" where the frequencies are present. Sort of an Izotope-ish idea.. and like something where you'd have to wait a goodly amount of time to hear if the settings you'd chosen worked, some high-horsepower stuff.

Am I completely off-base? Ah, well. Just thought I'd give it a whirl FSAG.
Music can no longer soothe the worried thoughts of monarchs; it can only tell you when it's time to buy margarine or copulate. -xoxos
Discontinue use if rash or irritation develops.

It's de-mixing. Audionamix ADX Trax can do it, Melodyne can do it, Roland R-Mix can do it, Photosounder can do it, etc.
Here's an example:
https://youtu.be/gAGZeJE03jM

ccDuckett wrote:What I *think* is being asked for is something like this:
Imagine a spectrogram of a monophonic lead/bass synth line. Looks not too dissimilar to its MIDI file (aside from pitchbends etc.), yes?
Now imagine a spectrogram of, say, a track of pads. Another of keys, another of drums.
What I think Jedinhopy's looking for is a plugin to used as a send on the mono track, and a receive on the others, and to use the "positive" of the mono track as a "negative" on the others, to "burn holes" where the frequencies are present. Sort of an Izotope-ish idea.. and like something where you'd have to wait a goodly amount of time to hear if the settings you'd chosen worked, some high-horsepower stuff.

Am I completely off-base? Ah, well. Just thought I'd give it a whirl FSAG.
It has to use something like the (Magic wand selection tool [W]) technology that the (Izotope RX 2 Advanced) uses. But works in real-time instead.

Jedinhopy wrote:
All things are possible through the power of our lord and savior Jesus Christ.
Don't F**K with Mr. Zero.

Jedinhopy wrote:
Also the very purpose of both the program's I mentioned is to work around the fact you just mentioned. Nothing exists that will get you closer except for manually erasing every bit of sound you don't want. These are the fastest tools for the job you say you want to do. Stillwell "Spectro" is the manual spectral editing program I mentioned if you wanna check it out.
Don't F**K with Mr. Zero.

:borg:
Last edited by ontol on Sun Nov 13, 2016 8:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ah_Dziz wrote:
Jedinhopy wrote:
ontol wrote:
Ah_Dziz wrote: All things are possible through the power of our lord and savior Jesus Christ.
but is there a version for us windows users?
You guys are useless here.

Jedinhopy wrote:
Ah_Dziz wrote:
Jedinhopy wrote:
ontol wrote:
Ah_Dziz wrote: All things are possible through the power of our lord and savior Jesus Christ.
but is there a version for us windows users?
You guys are useless here.
Why not recreate useful guys in Reaktor? That's its purpose, obviously. Then they can do everything you think of ever. Then you can Fruity-FFT your noise limiter to 9999999dB with the magic wand sidechain in realtime.
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

Ah_Dziz wrote:All things are possible through the power of our lord and savior Jesus Christ
using His own Jesusonic scripture language:
http://www.reaper.fm/sdk/js/js.php
d o n 't
w a n t
m o r e

n9 wrote:I've carefully read what OP is asking for and all the updates. The answer is that what is being described doesn't exist because of the way sound itself works. Russel said once that most unanswerable questions were bad questions. I believe that this is the case here.

My two cents.
Ok I'm ''pro-sound'' all the way but even after reading twice your post, I can't understand a thing of your gibberish :lol:

Well, I'd hate this conversation to end on a note of confusion so I'll add that I agree with Mr n9.

Know your tools. A guitarist knows how to touch his strings and how to maintain his fingers. A sculpture knows how to touch limestone and how to maintain his chisel. A cook knows how to create an environment ready to treat/change the food he undertands. An electronic musician should really have an understanding of the basic principles of electronic music, what the tools can achieve and how.

Unfortunately Jedinhopy's recent questions sound more like an electronic musician who hasn't q

Return to “Effects”