Rob Papen Predator 2 will coming on 25 November :)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Predator 3

Synthman2000 wrote:Synthmaster 2.8 is $64.00 !!!!!! and it rocks. Developers take note.

I wish Rob Papen will make it a bit more fair for people who bought it only 1 month ago but will have to pay $49.00 for the V2. Fingers crossed. :help:
Keep in mind that the developer lives in Turkey where the cost of living is considerably lower than in the Netherlands, US, Germany etc.

Since one can run v1 and v2 in parallel like with Dune 1 and 2, v2 is likely to be an incompatible new synth so to speak. I totally understand that he charges for that "upgrade", which only is an upgrade because he doesn't give the synth a completely new name.

fluffy_little_something wrote:No, the update is only free if you bought it before May 6th, no matter whether you bought it on their site or from some dealer.

I suppose that also applies to license transfers, after all, the buyer gets a new license and key. I don't think the date of the seller's original purchase counts.

Anyway, I am pretty sure he deserves those 49 euros...
Yes you are right. IMO, JRR Shop should correct the title "Rob Papen Predator with Free Upgrade to V2" here:
https://www.jrrshop.com/rob-papen-predator

It confuses us!

But, I agree, I will gladly pay $49 for V2. After all I didn't purchase it for $149 or $179. So, in my opinion it is fair :D

i think it is quite clear. those who bought predator during march, april and may when it still had the old high price don't have to pay for the update. those who bought it later at the much reduced price will have to pay for the upgrade, like us old-timers who already have it for years. if you ask me i think this is as fair as it can be :tu:

EnGee wrote:
fluffy_little_something wrote:No, the update is only free if you bought it before May 6th, no matter whether you bought it on their site or from some dealer.

I suppose that also applies to license transfers, after all, the buyer gets a new license and key. I don't think the date of the seller's original purchase counts.

Anyway, I am pretty sure he deserves those 49 euros...
Yes you are right. IMO, JRR Shop should correct the title "Rob Papen Predator with Free Upgrade to V2" here:
https://www.jrrshop.com/rob-papen-predator

It confuses us!

But, I agree, I will gladly pay $49 for V2. After all I didn't purchase it for $149 or $179. So, in my opinion it is fair :D
Agreed then if it is wrong JRR should change the statement on the Predator sales page.

Synthman2000 wrote:A more accurate statement for the cartoon is : "Some peoples synth programming skills make it sound like freeware" :lol:
Too true. I've heard some really bad presets for great sounding synths.

That synth comes with a lot of good presets, so even if someone is not into programming patches, they should hear from the included presets that it sounds pretty good.

Bought it used recently and haven't had much time yet to check out all of them, but I already stumbled upon a really nice Bladerunner-style sound a couple of days ago. It is a simple sound basically, but shows the sound character of a synth well. And I liked what I heard. Not sure if it was particularly analog or more digital, but pleasant it was.

Predator seems to have more bottom than Sylenth1, it sounds fuller and more solid somehow. Or is it just my imagination? :)

I would say that is completely dependent on settings and where you are playing it on the KB.

fluffy_little_something wrote:That synth comes with a lot of good presets, so even if someone is not into programming patches, they should hear from the included presets that it sounds pretty good.

Bought it used recently and haven't had much time yet to check out all of them, but I already stumbled upon a really nice Bladerunner-style sound a couple of days ago. It is a simple sound basically, but shows the sound character of a synth well. And I liked what I heard. Not sure if it was particularly analog or more digital, but pleasant it was.

Predator seems to have more bottom than Sylenth1, it sounds fuller and more solid somehow. Or is it just my imagination? :)
I don't know about Sylenth1, but Predator sure has a pleasant character. It's as you said, not digital or analog exactly, but very nice mix between the two.

The presets are 80% great! So many good presets. They are so usable and inspiring! Every time I play with them I begin a new song! And I only finished 1/4 of checking them!

However, I think there is a bug. It's periodically becomes silent when pressing a key. I'm not sure if it's every 15mins or 30mins. It's sure there, but difficult to notice. There is also a screen blink when I use the mouse, for example, after keep clicking and moving the cutoff frequency of the filter. I'm not sure if those bugs are related to Window 10 or to Bitwig. I need to be sure of them in another host today before I report them to RP.

Have you told RP about that?

I know that mouse behavior from other synths (Full Bucket for instance), but so far I have not noticed it with Predator. Have to test it tomorrow...

Btw, I just remembered that in the expired demo version after 15 mins of usage the sporadic noise turns into permanent noise. Maybe that timing is also present in the full version and it kind of repeats itself. Just a thought, haven't noticed that problem myself, yet, have had too much work to mess with music these days :P

Yes I also thought of this! I'll check today and have a timer counting.

Well since the version 2 update isn't included it's not the great of a deal. It's a savings of around 30-40 for version 2. Papen frequently has much better sales if you waited. Even if you just bought it at jrrshop at V2 you can use the forum discount code for a decent discount. Not sure what the big deal is with this promo.

masterhiggins wrote:Well since the version 2 update isn't included it's not the great of a deal. It's a savings of around 30-40 for version 2. Papen frequently has much better sales if you waited. Even if you just bought it at jrrshop at V2 you can use the forum discount code for a decent discount. Not sure what the big deal is with this promo.
Yes, as this was not a free upgrade I rather wait for 2 and check it out and get this one rather than this version 1 special price. It's a no-brainer for me to wait and see.

Hope the implement fast modulation rates. Expanded unison capabilities and so on. It cannot be ignored nowadays.

ksandvik wrote:
masterhiggins wrote:Well since the version 2 update isn't included it's not the great of a deal. It's a savings of around 30-40 for version 2. Papen frequently has much better sales if you waited. Even if you just bought it at jrrshop at V2 you can use the forum discount code for a decent discount. Not sure what the big deal is with this promo.
Yes, as this was not a free upgrade I rather wait for 2 and check it out and get this one rather than this version 1 special price. It's a no-brainer for me to wait and see.
But the full price of Predator 2 will be $149, while if you buy version 1 now and then upgrade will be $128 (in RP website) and little bit less than $112 in JRR Shop (if there will be little bit discount with the upgrade). For me, I find it great to have both versions for such a price ;)

EnGee wrote: But the full price of Predator 2 will be $149, while if you buy version 1 now and then upgrade will be $128 (in RP website) and little bit less than $112 in JRR Shop (if there will be little bit discount with the upgrade). For me, I find it great to have both versions for such a price ;)
It's such a small price diff it's not worth the time investment for me, usually you get free upgrades when purchasing SW if the new one is announced -- it's just part of the game today.

Return to “Instruments”