Multi-effect alternatives to Kore

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hey guys,

being the guy that made the DEEP RECONSTRUCTIONS and DEEP FREQ, as well as significant parts of DEEP TRANSFORMATIONS – I did use a LOT of Guitar Rig in those effects. It's a very cool multi-effect with a good workflow. And I also used a lot of REAKTOR, and most of the designs of that went into my MOLEKULAR effect. Another thing that can be a rather cool effect is actually ABSYNTH, though of rather limited scope – but it does great granular delays.

I must admit though that there's not a lot or maybe even nothing quite like the KORE stuff, as it's not JUST the effects themselves – it's the fact that you could simply step through presets and then tweak them really easily using the KORE macro- and morphing-systems, without patching around yourself (as I did that for you), while still getting a very broad range of adjustment. Kinda "insta-EDM". MOLEKULAR can go a long way, and has a whole bunch of tricks up its sleeve that the KORE stuff didn't, but it's more geared towards being semi-modular and the user actually being able to influence (and actively influencing) the patch, not quite as much select-preset-and-go like with DEEP.

What do I use now? Hmm, well, for granular stuff REAKTOR, hands down. Unless it's grain/pitch delays, then I'll go SoundToys Crystalizer. For pitch shifters I'm currently going with our WORMHOLE prototype, but if not that, I use an H8000FW. Not quite the same price segment, but its what I use :-) Resonators/micro-loopers/FSU would be MOLEKULAR most of the time, but I'm an oldschool dude and actually do a lot of micro-editing stuff manually. And honestly, a lot of the effects built into Logic can be very cool if used wisely.

So basically...NI, SoundToys, Eventide, Apple. I love the sound of my Kyma but don't have the time to program it. A whole lot of very good sounding and original software from these people. I may have missed some OTOH.
There are a bunch of "me too" companies around too that I stay away from on principle though. One specific company even typically uses nearly exactly the same names as the originals... :dog: I prefer giving my money to innovative companies. YMMV.

My 2 ct FWIW :D
Zynaptiq - Audio Software Based On Artificial Intelligence Technology, makers of PITCHMAP: Real-Time Polyphonic Pitch Correction And Mapping.

Ooh, the legend himself. Do you ever still use Kore nowadays?
I've been analyzing the Deep series for years and I'm far from done, it's completely bonkers in there, learned so much.

zynaptiq wrote:Hey guys,

[...]

Thanks for posting.
Please tell KVR how you use granular-synthesis in Reaktor.
What building-blocks do you like? Do you have favorite ensembles in the UserLibrary? Sampler/synth or only Fx?
Do you build complex granular ensembles or get far enough with simple ensembles?

I have just built an ensemble with 2 GrainCloud-Delays (2xstereo) from library. An LFO is auto-freezing for a period of time -> the produced grains then are "multiplied" by a stereo-multi-tap-delay. It does not need Reverb and already sounds big and "epic". (i can prove that..)
Grain-pad-sounds from in-coming audio. There was nothing anywhere close to that in the UserLib.
-
Reaktor 6 has a new grain-sampler wich looks very good.

---------------
(It seems there are nearly identical/imroved versions of the Deep-series ensembles as single FXs in Molekular. I have Kore2 and the whole Deep-series in my account..)

Thanks in advance for your up-coming detailed reply! :scared: :party:

Deep-series for Kore2 and Molekular <- :tu:
- WonderEcho -

sounddesigner wrote:Sonic Charge has some really good multi-effectors that can go from simple to very creative/complex. Try out Permut8. Echobode, and Bitspeek. Echobode especially can bring a smile to faces - http://www.soniccharge.com

Izotope has Vocalsynth, Trash 2, and Nectar 2 wich are powerfull multi-effectors with a lot of different modules- http://www.izotope.com

STW-Audio has Reflex Pro and Reflex+ wich are pretty unique - http://www.stw-audio.com

These are all powerfull and great sounding multi-effectors.
Thanks - Permut8 is a dive a bit too deep into the mysteries of weird distortion if you know what I mean. But I had a listen to Echobode - and that indeed is on my radar now.

Cool signature! I'm also an old Scope user. Still using those old PCI cards from the Creamware days, but sadly it's not getting used much these day. But if Sonic Core would make a good release for Mac I would get an XITE in a blink of an eye. You don't happen to have come across any cool multi-effect on Scope?

/C
CLUB VICE for ARTURIA PIGMENTS
HARDWARE SAMPLER FANATIC - Akai S1100/S950/Z8 - Casio FZ20m - Emu Emax I - Ensoniq ASR10/EPS

zynaptiq wrote: What do I use now? Hmm, well, for granular stuff REAKTOR, hands down. Unless it's grain/pitch delays, then I'll go SoundToys Crystalizer. For pitch shifters I'm currently going with our WORMHOLE prototype, but if not that, I use an H8000FW. Not quite the same price segment, but its what I use :-)
Thanks for chiming in! As I said in my first post - the Deep series is the only reason why I am still bothering using Kore and I have an entire Mac with old Snow Leopard just for that. So two big thumbs up for making them.

You use an H8000 - you know what? That makes sense :) Crazy price range - but I should probably shut up. I went and bought a H3000 and pimped it with the latest effect ROMs. AMAZING machine. The reverbs and the pitch shifters are just so spot on.

/C
CLUB VICE for ARTURIA PIGMENTS
HARDWARE SAMPLER FANATIC - Akai S1100/S950/Z8 - Casio FZ20m - Emu Emax I - Ensoniq ASR10/EPS

DrGonzo wrote:
sounddesigner wrote:Sonic Charge has some really good multi-effectors that can go from simple to very creative/complex. Try out Permut8. Echobode, and Bitspeek. Echobode especially can bring a smile to faces - http://www.soniccharge.com

Izotope has Vocalsynth, Trash 2, and Nectar 2 wich are powerfull multi-effectors with a lot of different modules- http://www.izotope.com

STW-Audio has Reflex Pro and Reflex+ wich are pretty unique - http://www.stw-audio.com

These are all powerfull and great sounding multi-effectors.
Thanks - Permut8 is a dive a bit too deep into the mysteries of weird distortion if you know what I mean. But I had a listen to Echobode - and that indeed is on my radar now.

Cool signature! I'm also an old Scope user. Still using those old PCI cards from the Creamware days, but sadly it's not getting used much these day. But if Sonic Core would make a good release for Mac I would get an XITE in a blink of an eye. You don't happen to have come across any cool multi-effect on Scope?

/C
Far as MAC support for SCOPE Platform goes, that has definitely been one of the biggest complaints against SCOPE over the years. Sonic Core are a small company so mac support will either take a long long time or never come. Many people like myself are so in love with SCOPE that it's far more important than any DAW or O/S and simply use it with what it's compatible with. I put it over my beloved DAW Sonar and would quickly leave Sonar for SCOPE if I ever had to choose due to compatibility issues simply cause SCOPE is the heart of my studio. That said, I certainly hope Mac support comes back again someday cause I definitely know and understand the need/want/desire for that O/S compatibility by many people. I've read many posts over the years complaining about lack of Mac support so I know the demand.

Far as multi-effectors on SCOPE Platform goes: One of SCOPE's newest developers dNa has released a collection of new effects for SCOPE Platform and in that collection is a EXTREMELY powerfull multi-effector. SCOPE has what i believe is the best multi-effector on the market when looking at sound-quality and flexibility. dNa is one of my top favorite companies and IMB are the best at what they do. dNa released on SCOPE Optimus Prime wich is one of the newer multi-effectors on SCOPE and the best . Optimus Prime is a delay-based mulri-effector that is inspired by the old Lexicon PrimeTime. It has a very wide sonic range but unfortunately the Audio-demo's don't show its full capability with regard to wide range. The SCOPE dsp Platform itself is one big powerfull modular multi-effector if you use the right devices and dNa has taken it to another level with their newer high-quality collection. Below is links to more info and audio-demos for Optimus Priime;

Here's link to dNa's catalog just click on "more info" by Optimus Prime to hear its audio-demos, etc - http://sonic-core.net/joomla.soniccore/ ... 36&lang=us

Here's a link to Optimus Prime's forum thread -
http://forums.scopeusers.com/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=33416

PS. As far as Sonic Charge's Echobode goes, I think that is a plugin that is hard to not like if one is a lover of super creative multi-effectors. Echobode is a hidden gem and definitely brings a smile to my face!
T2 Icarus is a must. SonicCore SCOPE is the most. As heart of studio it has my vote, cause XITE-1 is all she wrote.

^ if you like Echobode, check out Unfiltered Audio's Fault. You can do all of what Echobode can do + a lot more.

Effekthascher is my favorite tool:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Ymaz3FiFeM

Klinke1 wrote:

[...]

Thanks for posting.
What building-blocks do you like? Do you have favorite ensembles in the UserLibrary? Sampler/synth or only Fx?
Do you build complex granular ensembles or get far enough with simple ensembles?
Hmm, good question. I generally tend to use *all* of the modules/core cells available; whatever gets the job done. That said, I find that simpler constructs are usually more effective for what I try to achieve. Which is one of the reasons I have never used a user library ensemble in any professional work – many of them have so many features that it'd take me longer to find out how to make the thing do what I want it to do than to simply construct the sound I'm after from scratch. This is obviously over-generalizing there are bound to be gazillions of awesome ensembles I'm not aware of :D

I've found audio tables and iterators to be very useful. And of course a bunch of core read/write type blocks, which I typically build myself. It takes some effort to use these for granular type stuff but on the plus side you get exactly what you're after, not someone else's idea of it.

-d
Zynaptiq - Audio Software Based On Artificial Intelligence Technology, makers of PITCHMAP: Real-Time Polyphonic Pitch Correction And Mapping.

zynaptiq wrote:
Klinke1 wrote:

[...]

Thanks for posting.
Hmm, good question. I generally tend to use *all* of the modules/core cells available; whatever gets the job done. That said, I find that simpler constructs are usually more effective for what I try to achieve. [...]
-d

The UserLib can be quiet overwhelming (for me) but then also it is where i learned alot about building my own simple stuff. (The best seems hooking up with some people and meet them to exchange "tactics")
Thanks for answering.
- WonderEcho -

Return to “Effects”