FL Studio 12.3 Official Release

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
FL Studio All Plugins Edition

Last edited by xtreme sounds on Wed Aug 24, 2016 8:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Hink wrote:One thing though, many people looking for a gate might just want a simple gate as they is what they need. ...

just sayin :shrug:
Then there is a simple gate in Fruity Limiter

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5fxh2wNKbC4

Image-Line are proud developers of - FL Studio, FL Studio Mobile & Audio Plugins.

Image-Line wrote:
Hink wrote:One thing though, many people looking for a gate might just want a simple gate as they is what they need. ...

People still don't know about that? Gg kvr
~Pyrotek45

Pyrotek45 wrote:People still don't know about that? Gg kvr
I am always surprised at KVR how often people wade into discussions on FL Studio and open up with:

"It's impossible..."
"FL Studio can't..."
"FL Studio doesn't have..."

...rather than asking:

"Is it possible..."
"Can FL Studio..."
"Does FL Studio have.."

I suppose the former sounds more authoritative and we all know how KVR likes to be authoritative ;)

Regards Scott
Image-Line are proud developers of - FL Studio, FL Studio Mobile & Audio Plugins.

Image-Line wrote:

I'm sorry you missed my point
The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another's world. It requires profound, purpose‐larger‐than‐the‐self kind of understanding.

Image-Line wrote:
Pyrotek45 wrote:People still don't know about that? Gg kvr
I am always surprised at KVR how often people wade into discussions on FL Studio and open up with:

"It's impossible..."
"FL Studio can't..."
"FL Studio doesn't have..."

...rather than asking:

"Is it possible..."
"Can FL Studio..."
"Does FL Studio have.."

I suppose the former sounds more authoritative and we all know how KVR likes to be authoritative ;)

Regards Scott
Worst-SP-episode-EVA!

:D

Anyways, it's not a captain obvious thing and I did NOT make that big a deal about it.

Hink wrote:I'm sorry you missed my point
So it wasn't in that sentence?
Hink wrote:Scott, the peak controller is awesome and your point is great. .... They do not want or need new tools like the peak controller which is really imo best used for really cool creative purposes. I think this might be a problem for some, they ask for a tool and the response is they do not need one because...
Well the Peak Controller is not new. And we have a simple gate in Fruity Limiter. The section is even labeled 'Gate'. No-one said they did not need a gate AFAIK. This conversation was about 'advanced' gates was it not? And for that we have Peak Controller or Maximus.

But is this conversation reducing to: You need to make a plugin called Fruity Gate. Sure why not. But you can't say we don't already have advanced and capable gating functions in FL Studio.

Regards Scott
Last edited by Image-Line on Wed Aug 24, 2016 4:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

Image-Line wrote:
Hink wrote:I'm sorry you missed my point
So it wasn't in that sentence?
Hink wrote:Scott, the peak controller is awesome and your point is great. .... They do not want or need new tools like the peak controller which is really imo best used for really cool creative purposes. I think this might be a problem for some, they ask for a tool and the response is they do not need one because...
Well the Peak Controller is not new. And we have a simple gate in Fruity Limiter. The section is even labeled 'Gate'. No-one said they did not need a gate AFAIK. This conversation was about 'advanced' gates was it not? And for that we have Peak Controller or Maximus.

But is this conversation reducing to: You need to make a plugin called Fruity Gate. Sure why not. But don't say we don't already have advanced and capable gating functions in FL Studio.

Regards Scott
:dog: I meant new to them not FL, would it not have made more sense to suugest what you did in this post than a tool like the peak limiter? You act as if I am trying to give you a hard time or dis you somehow, I am not (yet you also dis KvR in a post) all I am saying is perhaps when someone asks about a gate you answer that question by showing them where a gate is like you just did and not suggesting what I refer to as an awesome tool like the peak limiter. Perhaps you could point out the peak limiter after but it seems to me it would be far more beneficial to give the direct answer first :shrug:

also the post referred to was
camsr wrote:FL never had a good gate included. The best you can do is Maximus though, actually now that it is included I guess I'll need to retract my first statement.
to which you suggested the peak limiter...a good gate sounds to me like a simple or basic gate ;)
The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another's world. It requires profound, purpose‐larger‐than‐the‐self kind of understanding.

I have a feeling that I wouldn't want to have dinner at Scott's place :hihi:

incubus wrote:I have a feeling that I wouldn't want to have dinner at Scott's place :hihi:
I only eat metal shavings and drink vinegar. I don't think you would want to ;)

Regards Scott

Image-Line wrote:
incubus wrote:I have a feeling that I wouldn't want to have dinner at Scott's place :hihi:
I only eat metal shavings and drink vinegar. I don't think you would want to ;)

Regards Scott
so then if you're ever on this side of the ocean it looks like I'm about to get a house on the coast, stop on by for a lobster feast anytime...you pick up the lobster (dont worry, I know a place) and I'll boil the water :tu:

Hink wrote:I think this might be a problem for some, they ask for a tool and the response is they do not need one because...

Thanks hink.

camsr wrote:
Hink wrote:I think this might be a problem for some, they ask for a tool and the response is they do not need one because...

Thanks hink.
anytime :)

Wonder why every FL Studio thread descends in a "I wished FL Studio could do this and that" discussion, with the rep explaining that it is well possible already. What is it about FL Studio which always seems to animate people to rant about supposed inabilities which aren't ones? Someone with more psychological knowledge than i have should really try to break that down one day. I have a theory though.

chk071 wrote:What is it about FL Studio which always seems to animate people to rant about supposed inabilities which aren't ones?
+1 Users should find other ways to blow off steam, go and necro some old threads or something like that :borg:

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”