Antares Auto-Tune - Alternative?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hey folks,

I'm looking for a good alternative for Autotune, cause I don't like the (physical) iLok protection.
I'm looking for something that gives quick and quality hard-tuning results, not looking for something like melodyne but something you can just throw on a vocal, select key and have it tuned. I know that I'll get shit for this, but I just want it to be able to quickly roughly tune vocals on the fly, and use it as an effect.

GSnap

Cheers, Björn

Well, maybe not "just by throwing the vocal", but I've found the Waves Tune Real-Time a useful tool.

There are so many different parameters to consider, starting from your singing skills.

Harry_HH wrote:Well, maybe not "just by throwing the vocal", but I've found the Waves Tune Real-Time a useful tool.

There are so many different parameters to consider, starting from your singing skills.

well, its not a total wreck but I want to be able to be fairly quick and add a "pop-sheen" to vocals, at least for demos.
I'll check out waves tune real time!

waves tune full version is fantastic.. does it have to be the live? the graphic version does it too but much more besides.

Also, izotope nectar of course!

There's ReaTune in Reaper... I struggled to get good results until I realized that setting "Overlap" to 8x and setting the algorithm to "Monophonic" gave excellent results.

Auto-Tune 8 is the king of pitch correction. It's the reason I broke my own "no iLok" rule, and bought the whole kit and kaboodle from Antares and have zero regrets. I also have all of the other pitch correction stuff out there except the new Waves Tune Real Time. I feel that I really don't need it at this juncture, but if I were you I would demo that one. Its feature set seems to be very close to Auto-Tune and you can trust that it is a very high quality plugin which is what Waves is known for.
_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/
Alienware i7 R3 loaded with billions of DAWS and plugins.

Orbit-50 wrote:you can trust that it is a very high quality plugin which is what Waves is known for.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Waves are known for very expensive and buggy plugins which used to be worth the hassle 10 years ago, when competition wasn't this heavy. Today only an idiot buys their crap.

.jon wrote:Waves are known for very expensive and buggy plugins which used to be worth the hassle 10 years ago, when competition wasn't this heavy. Today only an idiot buys their crap.
Ok, can you explain in detail exactly what bugs exist that make them a hassle to even consider using? Also, what exactly do you define as expensive? And to be clear on this, when you say idiots, do you mean all of the professionals that have used them for years and years and mixed many hit songs with Waves plugins and still rely on them even today? Are those the idiots who you are referring to? Wow. I would really like to learn from you then, because you seem to me to be an expert in this field. I somehow don't even feel worthy asking you these questions because of your expertise. Please share your knowledge with us. We are very thirsty for your knowledge all wise, all knowing expert. Please share with us. :roll:
_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/

the main bug is no mention of kerovee. gsnap works for free too tho :)
you come and go, you come and go. amitabha neither a follower nor a leader be tagore "where roads are made i lose my way" where there is certainty, consideration is absent.

I still need to try waves real time tune. Looks great. I just wonder if its a cpu hog or not.

jhudstudio wrote:I still need to try waves real time tune. Looks great. I just wonder if its a cpu hog or not.
That's a very good question.

xoxos wrote:the main bug is no mention of kerovee.
Ok. Fair enough. There's one. Thank you xoxos. :hihi:

.jon wrote:
Orbit-50 wrote:you can trust that it is a very high quality plugin which is what Waves is known for.

Waves are known for very expensive and buggy plugins which used to be worth the hassle 10 years ago, when competition wasn't this heavy. Today only an idiot buys their crap.

this is exactly the sort of insulting post that shouldn't be allowed here. You've just insulted half of KVR.

You're the IDIOT, cause if it's one brand that aren't buggy, it's waves.

Not all plugins from all devs are good, but just like any dev, waves makes some great plugins, and some truly unique ones too.

TheoM wrote:
.jon wrote:

this is exactly the sort of insulting post that shouldn't be allowed here. You've just insulted half of KVR.

You're the IDIOT, cause if it's one brand that aren't buggy, it's waves.

Not all plugins from all devs are good, but just like any dev, waves makes some great plugins, and some truly unique ones too.
Waves is a strong company. I personally like the older model plugins, but the newer version are great also. Coding is not easy and its hard to get all bugs out, "I'm learning the hard way..."

For the most part I have not had any issues with waves plugins. And I can't wait to test waves real time tune :party:

Return to “Effects”