How would i achieve this delay?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I'd like to set up a delay whereby every subsequent repeat increases in pitch and frequency.

I did initially consider automating a filter for the frequency but that didn't help with the pitch increases.

Timeless 2 was fun but that also didn't help with pitch.

Any suggestions short of automating via an EQ and pitch shifter? Ideally I would like an all in one solution for use in other projects.

I'm using Cubase 8.5 and Live 9 if there's anything in those, plus quite a few Waves, FabFilter and SoundToys.
"I was wondering if you'd like to try Magic Mushrooms"
"Oooh I dont know. Sounds a bit scary"
"It's not scary. You just lose a sense of who you are and all that sh!t"

Melda MXXX can do that. Not exactly cheap, but unbelievably powerful. MXXXCore together with MMultibandHarmonizer should do it.
Last edited by ZentralmassivSound on Wed Aug 24, 2016 7:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

There are two different modes in timeless, one will affect pitch. I forget what it is but you can find it in the docs. Tape mode I think?

Brilliant. Thanks guys.
Will have a play tomorrow.

There is a free Izotope delay that can do pitch shifting in time.. 49$ but this link will work until 31 Avg. Hurry!

Get it now: https://www.izotope.com/en/lp/partners/ ... -08+Fad234

How about Valhalla FreqEcho?
Image Image Image Image

tritk tkdelay: https://www.tritik.com/products/tkdelay/

Just use the freq shifter + just automate delay time for pitch shift.

UnfilteredAudio's Fault can probably do it too + a lot more.

+1 for Valhalla FreqEcho and it's free. (but limited)

Thanks fella's. Lots of options to investigate.
Will report back once I've had a chance to test them all.

This free M4L pack for Live 9 contains a variety of pitch effects, including simple harmonizer.
Blog ------------- YouTube channel
Tricky-Loops wrote: (...)someone like Armin van Buuren who claims to make a track in half an hour and all his songs sound somewhat boring(...)

padillac wrote:There are two different modes in timeless, one will affect pitch. I forget what it is but you can find it in the docs. Tape mode I think?
Timeless can't do this.
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

Mushy Mushy wrote:
Any suggestions short of automating via an EQ and pitch shifter?
That wouldn't work either - what you want is a steady pitch-shift that sits after the feedback signal (be it only in the feedback path or in the main signal path) - that way it keeps rising with every additional loop.

If you pitch-shift the whole signal and keep increasing the shift, then of course whole signal will keep rising in pitch, which is not what said that you wanted.
Last edited by jens on Wed Aug 24, 2016 9:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

jens wrote:
Mushy Mushy wrote:
That wouldn't work either - what you want is a pitch-shifter only in the feedback-path - that way it keeps rising with every additional loop.
Yes, exactly. Sounds like you know precisely what I'm after.
Suggestions then?

jens wrote:
Mushy Mushy wrote:
That wouldn't work either - what you want is a pitch-shifter only in the feedback-path - that way it keeps rising with every additional loop.
It could be done that way inside a modular subhost that allows feedback loops, like Bidule (or the Feedback Delay in MUX) though.

However that'll still only do the pitch increase, not the frequency increase.

From the requirement for both, it actually sounds a bit like OP is after the kind of 'tweaking the delay time' dub thing, but continuously. Im not sure if that can be done that easily.
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

jens wrote:
padillac wrote:There are two different modes in timeless, one will affect pitch. I forget what it is but you can find it in the docs. Tape mode I think?
Timeless can't do this.
It does if you modulate the delay time in tape mode – it's seasick time all round. Ofc this is assuming you want the pitch shift and delay time to be related. MFM2 is also good for this and can put a handy frequency shifter in across pairs of feedback loops too though it takes some time to get your head around the plugin's architecture.

For scale-bound/diatonic pitch shifted delays, the Eventide FX and their workalikes or a granular delay like Loomer's Shift would be my favoured choice. There probably should be something in Reaktor.

Return to “Effects”