Behringer Analog Synth

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I wouldn't be surprised if it had multi timbral USB audio outs like the Virus/Overbridge

I actually have a wet dream too. That this synth will be expensive enough for me not to buy but cheap enough for people to dump the market with extremely cheap Tetras and Mopho x 4.
With a Tetra I would even have space enough for my JP8000 to stay in my set up.

Ah ah aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!

Just in case you wonder: Sold my Juno 106 and Alpha Juno 1 with pg300 controller last year and do not miss them, so even though they would get dumped, they have no interest.

tehlord wrote:I wouldn't be surprised if it had multi timbral USB audio outs like the Virus/Overbridge
I would since the amazon article says it doesn't. That would make Mr. Tyrell a naughty little liar.

IncarnateX wrote:
tehlord wrote:I wouldn't be surprised if it had multi timbral USB audio outs like the Virus/Overbridge
I would since the amazon article says it doesn't. That would make Mr. Tyrell a naughty little liar.
which article is that?

IncarnateX wrote:
The last video did say they were holding back several key features from Mr Tyrell for now.
"I was wondering if you'd like to try Magic Mushrooms"
"Oooh I dont know. Sounds a bit scary"
"It's not scary. You just lose a sense of who you are and all that sh!t"

pdxindy wrote:
IncarnateX wrote:
which article is that?
The one you read, sweetie, in which he summerize on page 7 that its got

"Kein split Layer oder multimode"

While not stating it directly we are about 95% in this direction with the term "multimode" . Otherwise it would be a little careless use of the term, me thinks. But you are free to argue that multimode is not the same as multi timbrality and keep jerking of(f) course. Don't let me interupt that venture.

stillshaded wrote:
AnX wrote:No interest in multitimbral analogs.... waste of potential
are you saying that you have no interest in multitimbral analogs because it's a waste of potential, or that (behringer) having no interest in multitimbral analogs is a waste of potential? lol

Well, to me this seems another one of those "people who fart around with keyboards vs. people who make music" situations. Yea, if you can never finish a track and you just want to play around, multitimbral is not a big deal. But if you are interested in making music with an efficient workflow and without spending a ridiculous amount of money, multi-timbrality is a big deal.

And lack of more outs is not a big deal. If you had 4 parts to going and your track was 4 minutes long, that's 16 minutes of recording. Go relax for a spell, or tweak the knobs as they record.

Excluding it would just seem odd. I mean, it already has a friggin cpu in it. The amount of coding that it would take to create multitibrality has got to be relatively small compared to everything else.

I just don't have the money or the space to buy much analog gear so I'll keep my fingers crossed.
with the greatest respect ... using a multitimbral synth, in the fashion you described - recording a part at a time via a single stereo output - is pretty much retarded ? ... how is this materially different from separately recording four monotimbral presets ? that you can preview the four parts together via the same stereo out, unmixed ? ... not what i would call an efficient workflow, if that's how you roll. different folks different strokes i guess.
Last edited by Daags on Sat Jul 30, 2016 10:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

IncarnateX wrote:
pdxindy wrote:
IncarnateX wrote:
which article is that?
The one you read, sweetie, in which he summerize on page 7 that its got

"Kein split Layer oder multimode"

While not stating it directly we are about 95% in this direction with the term "multimode" . Otherwise it would be a little careless use of the term, me thinks. But you are free to argue that multimode is not the same as multi timbrality and keep jerking of(f) course. Don't let me interupt that venture.
I haven't read an article... didn't know there was one. That was why I asked ;)

pdxindy wrote:I haven't read an article... didn't know there was one. That was why I asked ;)
Eh...oops! :clown:

Well let me at least give you the link then

https://www.amazona.de/preview-intervie ... hesizer/7/

And I have compiled some specs of the synth on page 26 also. Check it out.

AnX wrote:The Envs are all visible. There are 3 buttons underneath to switch between vca/vcf/mod
Yes, you are right. Should have written "2 hidden at a time" instead or something. Case is there is only one env on the front for all three of them, but with the buttons they are easily accessed.

Daags wrote:
with the greatest respect ... using a multitimbral synth, in the fashion you described - recording a part at a time via a single stereo output - is pretty much retarded ? ... how is this materially different from separately recording four monotimbral presets ? that you can preview the four parts together via the same stereo out, unmixed ? ... not what i would call an efficient workflow, if that's how you roll. different folks different strokes i guess.
lol.

not sure how to respond to this, so I'll just be serious. Yes, it would be very useful to be able to create four different patches at once while monitoring them through the stereo outputs. I mean.. if you think that writing a part, creating a patch for it, recording it, and then repeating the process four times is preferable, more power to you.

Maybe you're one of these people that has their priorities in reverse. Mastering>mixing>arranging>sound design> composing.

Not sure if you actually make music or not, but here is a very useful tip for you. If you don't allow yourself to do much mixing, but instead rely on writing, arranging and sound design to make something sound good, when you get to the mixing and mastering, it will be much easier, and sound much better.

IncarnateX wrote:
pdxindy wrote:I haven't read an article... didn't know there was one. That was why I asked ;)
Eh...oops! :clown:

Well let me at least give you the link then

https://www.amazona.de/preview-intervie ... hesizer/7/

And I have compiled some specs of the synth on page 26 also. Check it out.
Oh cool... nice job compiling the features.

Maybe mention that the HP filter is not per voice but post summing.
Also, in the video, it was mentioned that the envelopes can be looped

daag wrote:with the greatest respect ... using a multitimbral synth, in the fashion you described - recording a part at a time via a single stereo output - is pretty much retarded ?
With the greatest disrespect to anyone really arguing that or that people are retarded for doing the opposite for that matter...what I think are really really really really really retarded are people who seemingly are aware of the fact that we are about 7 billion + people on Earth divided in thousands of cultures with each our personal history and yet have severe problems understanding why people not just do things the same way as themselves.

Further, it takes on helluva conceited deluded borderline psychotic narcissist to wonder why people don't immediately change their ways just because you tell them to.

Personally I have one and one answer only to such polemics:

Uli asked how many of us would like to have a desktop/rack version.
https://www.gearslutz.com/board/12047032-post2662.html
Go there and reply if you want that to happen.
[====[\\\\\\\\]>------,

Ay caramba !

I'm very curious to actually see some demos of this synth in action. I'm starting to get the feeling that its going to be way too fiddly with all of the menu diving. I've always hated that aspect of the Andromeda. The thing I love about the Juno-106 (and the Minibrute, and the Minilogue, etc...) is the simplicity and immediacy of it. Synths like the Virus and Waldorf Q are somewhat of a happy medium, allowing you to get a lot done without too much scrolling through menus. I really had to talk myself into tolerating the interface of the Blofeld. Its like exploring a vast cavern with only a penlight. For more involved synthesis, I still find both Eurorack and VSTis to be a much more pleasant experience. I'm not necessarily saying I won't get one, but I don't really think a synth with so much of the interface buried in software can be considered a spiritual successor to the Juno-106.
Incomplete list of my gear: 1/8" audio input jack.

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”