AiR Xpand!2 only for 1,00€

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Xpand!2

Numanoid wrote:
wagtunes wrote:You know, this looks like such a no brainer but I am so gun shy of getting an AIR product after the demo of Loom (one of the best synths I'd ever seen) blew up my Cubase to the point where I had to do a system restore. Since that time, I don't dare get another AIR product
That you have experienced problems with one plugin from a dev, doesn't mean that you will have the same problems with other.
You're right. It doesn't. Nor does it mean that a newer version of that plug (the one I tried just happened to be a brand new build at the time) won't fix whatever the problem was, if there was one.

But if you go into a restaurant and get food poisoning, unless you love taking chances (I don't) you're not going back.

wagtunes wrote:But if you go into a restaurant and get food poisoning, unless you love taking chances (I don't) you're not going back.
If I get a big steak and all the trimmings for $1, for sure I will be back, whatever happened before :D

I would even check out your soundsets if they were free.
Last edited by Numanoid on Sat Jul 30, 2016 9:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Numanoid wrote:
wagtunes wrote:But if you go into a restaurant and get food poisoning, unless you love taking chances (I don't) you're not going back.
If I get a big steak and all the trimmings for $1, for sure I will be back, whatever happened before :D
Well, that's you. It's not me. End of discussion.

Sounds like a Pace problem, I have heard of such stories before.
I have not had any issues with my two Air plugins so far. (Btw, if anyone here has a never authorized spare license of Velvet2, let me know 8) )

wagtunes wrote: You're right. It doesn't. Nor does it mean that a newer version of that plug (the one I tried just happened to be a brand new build at the time) won't fix whatever the problem was, if there was one.
Steve...it's a freakin dollar. :wink:

I got a few Air plugins bundled with my Akai MPK261 controller and resisted installing them on my studio computer for quite awhile because of the Pace virus....err I mean Copy Protection scheme. Then one day out of sheer boredom I thought "what the hell I'll give it a shot" and installed Pace and the Air plugins. Although Pace CP does run as a process I have not had any issues with installation, performance, or registration. That's when I discovered just how cool Hybrid, Loom, and Vacuum Pro are and it's been worth the hassle of having Pace installed.

Then later I purchased Xpand!2, forgot about it for awhile but spurred on by this thread have spent more time with it over the last couple of days. All I can say is for a dollar it's an insanely good deal. You aren't likely to make any money off of it selling patches especially now that a lot of people got it essentially for free but it's a whole lot of fun and is capable of some really great sounds (think layers).

In the end even if it doesn't work for you you're only out a freakin dollar. From one synth lover to another....go for it...... :tu:
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Simon, obviously there is a "sound designer's version" of Xpand that allows access to more parameters (I assume that's how the factory patches were made). How would someone like Wagtunes or anyone else get access to that version ? Is there a list to sign up for or ? That would allow for more patches for the user base which can then be used as fuel for the Layers........... :)
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Teksonik wrote:
wagtunes wrote: You're right. It doesn't. Nor does it mean that a newer version of that plug (the one I tried just happened to be a brand new build at the time) won't fix whatever the problem was, if there was one.

I got a few Air plugins bundled with my Akai MPK261 controller and resisted installing them on my studio computer for quite awhile because of the Pace virus....err I mean Copy Protection scheme. Then one day out of sheer boredom I thought "what the hell I'll give it a shot" and installed Pace and the Air plugins. Although Pace CP does run as a process I have not had any issues with installation, performance, or registration. That's when I discovered just how cool Hybrid, Loom, and Vacuum Pro are and it's been worth the hassle of having Pace installed.

Then later I purchased Xpand!2, forgot about it for awhile but spurred on by this thread have spent more time with it over the last couple of days. All I can say is for a dollar it's an insanely good deal. You aren't likely to make any money off of it selling patches especially now that a lot of people got it essentially for free but it's a whole lot of fun and is capable of some really great sounds (think layers).

In the end even if it doesn't work for you you're only out a freakin dollar. From one synth lover to another....go for it...... :tu:
It isn't the dollar. I don't care if they're giving it away for free. I don't want to have to do another system restore if something goes wrong. Watching your DAW no longer function (I wish I recorded the hell I went through after installing that thing) is not fun. And the errors I got were things I'd never seen before. I got all these cascading white boxes. I couldn't read them and I couldn't shut them fast enough. I'm not even sure how I shut down my PC. It was a freaking nightmare.

No, I never want to go through that again. AIR could give me every single VST they've ever made for absolutely nothing and I wouldn't take them.

I'm pretty sure the problem was that the new build of Loom (it was just released that day) had a major bug in it. My gut tells me that it was soon discovered, fixed, and now everything is fine. But I'll be damned if I'm going to take that chance after they burned the hell out of me the first time.

Like I said, it's a real shame because their stuff sounds great and Loom's architecture is one of the most fun I've ever seen.

But there is no way in hell I take that chance again on any of their products whether they're $100, $1 or absolutely free.

wagtunes wrote:
Teksonik wrote:

It isn't the dollar. I don't care if they're giving it away for free. I don't want to have to do another system restore if something goes wrong. Watching your DAW no longer function (I wish I recorded the hell I went through after installing that thing) is not fun. And the errors I got were things I'd never seen before. I got all these cascading white boxes. I couldn't read them and I couldn't shut them fast enough. I'm not even sure how I shut down my PC. It was a freaking nightmare.

No, I never want to go through that again. AIR could give me every single VST they've ever made for absolutely nothing and I wouldn't take them.

I'm pretty sure the problem was that the new build of Loom (it was just released that day) had a major bug in it. My gut tells me that it was soon discovered, fixed, and now everything is fine. But I'll be damned if I'm going to take that chance after they burned the hell out of me the first time.

Like I said, it's a real shame because their stuff sounds great and Loom's architecture is one of the most fun I've ever seen.

But there is no way in hell I take that chance again on any of their products whether they're $100, $1 or absolutely free.
Though i don't think it was Loom per se, i get you. And i think you shouldn't have to defend yourself. It is your PC and your decision ofcourse :)

I personally haven't had a single issue with any of their synths, not in 1 daw and not in either format (vst and aax). So i guess you are 1 of those rare occasions where things got f*cked up. And maybe it was triggered by Loom, who knows right.

All it takes, less than a McDonalds burger

Numanoid wrote:All it takes, less than a McDonalds burger

Aww the U.S. paper dollar, the currency of the Old World Order. Goodbye cruel world it's over, walk on by.......
Last edited by chili beans on Sat Jul 30, 2016 10:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Prefering that over the $100 bill

Who wants to be associated with mullets after all? :hihi:

Numanoid wrote:Prefering that over the $100 bill

Who wants to be associated with mullets after all? :hihi:
:hihi:

George Washington is a strippers best friend :lol:

:hihi: You know all the secrets :lol:

wagtunes wrote:
Teksonik wrote:

I have many of their synths installed and have had no problems with my PC.

Examigan wrote:
wagtunes wrote:
Teksonik wrote:

I have many of their synths installed and have had no problems with my PC.
And i am very happy for you but it is totally irrelevant to my situation.

Return to “Instruments”