UVI Falcon Scripts - Falcon Punch essential expansion script (FREE)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Falcon

Hello all the lucky owners of Falcon,
I released a pack of 16 scripts that netplements the current library.

Chord - Smarter version of the current Chorder. About 100 presets.

Chord Bank - Build a bank of chords.

Mono - Force mono playing.

Mono Group - Force mono playing for selected notes. (Ex : hihats choking)

Bass Extractor - Only plays the lowest note (convenient to add a sub)

Random Note - Add randomness on note parameters. The "static" mode applies a fixed random number (eg a detuned instrument), while the "dynamic" mode renetputes the random number each time (eg a bad musician)

Random Play - A random arpeggiator. Useful for creating FX, ambient noise. Can be associated with the script "Random Note".

Scale - Restricts all MIDI notes to a defined scale.

Transpose - MIDI Transpose.

Note Range - Limit the range. Notes out of range can be muted, played at the nearest octave or more.

Note Single - Redirect all notes to a single one.

Piano Analyzer - Midi note analyzer.

Fix Overlaps - Maintains consistency between "note on" and "note off". This script ensures that two notes with the same pitch will never overlap.

Mapper - Map the desired control: Velocity, midi cc, etc ... Can be used to limit the velocity, making it soft, hard, or constant, reverse a midi cc.

Delay - A simple delay in ms.

Double - Play octave.

All these scripts are loaded into a rack of type "Event", "+" button and "Script Processor" submenu.

The pack is available on my website for free :
http://louiscouka.net/software.html

Have a good day,
Louis
Last edited by Louis Couka on Sun Aug 18, 2019 11:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
Louis Couka
http://louiscouka.net/ (under construction)

some nice useful tools there - thanks.

thanks a lot!

Awesome, thank's!

Thanks! :party:

Some pretty cool stuff!

Suggestion: you could merge the Mono and Bass Extractor scripts to one script. It seems more useful to me to have last, high and low note priority dropdown in the Mono script? They're basically the same thing with a couple of lines of code different, no? :)

Also I noticed that Mono/Bass Extractor scripts don't really work well with long release times - it's not true mono mode then, since releases can be still heard from previous notes - Mono Retrigger button doesn't seem to help. It should kill previous voices completely to be a proper mono mode.

It would also be great to add a "key up retrigger" mode, where the previous note held down is rertriggered if it's still held when the latest/lowest/highest note pressed is released. Basically keyboard is scanned all the time for pressed keys (in case of last note priority, notes are held in a buffer and popped from it as you go back) and those that satisfy the note priority mode get retriggered. Super useful stuff.

Hello EvilDragon,
Thanks for your feedback and your idea of merging the bass extractor and mono scripts.
I'll check for the release problem, but I'm not sure there is a proper solution.
In a previous version i did the "key up retrigger" mode, but as I found it not useful I removed it, I could re-add it in a next version.
Louis Couka

thanks! downloading :)

thanks for these and for including the sources as a download

Louis Couka wrote:Hello EvilDragon,
Thanks for your feedback and your idea of merging the bass extractor and mono scripts.
I'll check for the release problem, but I'm not sure there is a proper solution.
In a previous version i did the "key up retrigger" mode, but as I found it not useful I removed it, I could re-add it in a next version.
The solution is to fade out the previous event quickly (<5 ms time), not note-off it.

Definitely reintroduce key up retrigger mode! It is EXTREMELY useful for fast legato lead lines!

The solution is to fade out the previous event quickly (<5 ms time), not note-off it.
Yes I'll do like this, thank you.
Definitely reintroduce key up retrigger mode! It is EXTREMELY useful for fast legato lead lines!
Ok !
Louis Couka

Than you very much for this nice tools, Louis.

Thanks for much for the Scripts!

Quick question. Is it possible to alter half-pedal and full-pedal position with the Mapper Script? I was hoping that I could use a half-pedalling compatible damper pedal with no half-pedalling piano library, where I could turn the half-pedal postition value to full-pedal value.

where I could turn the half-pedal postition value to full-pedal value.
You can draw anything you want into the thumbnail, or in your case just drag the top slider below the half-pedal cc value.
Take care about the scripts order if your use scripted libraries, the mapper should be placed in first.

mapper.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Louis Couka

Louis Couka wrote:
where I could turn the half-pedal postition value to full-pedal value.
You can draw anything you want into the thumbnail, or in your case just drag the top slider below the half-pedal cc value.
Take care about the scripts order if your use scripted libraries, the mapper should be placed in first.

mapper.png
It worked! I was fiddling with the vertical slider but didn't realise it was the horizontal position that needs adjusting for my purpose. Thanks so much!

And....OMFG!!! This is exactly what I wanted for months!!! I've even contacted some Lua Script programmers with no luck, but you made this godsend and sharing the scripts for free! You are legend, Louis!

I think you should make this as a donation-ware or commercial version with wider range of scripts and user-friendly manual, which shows how-to do some common MIDI operations using the scripts, maybe in the future.

Big appreciation!!!!! :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

P.S. I'm using them with Machfive 3.2.1 and so far the Mapper works flawlessly. I'll investigate the other scripts when I have time.

Return to “Instruments”