NOVAkILL - New Album, New EP & A New Video

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Well, for the first time we've actually cracked the DAC, the German Alternative Chart. Better still, Zombie Killerz has been in for four consecutive weeks, outlasting Red Hot Chilli Peppers' latest single. The album is also charting and, as of today, we have a new digital EP for Head On!, which features two different mixes and a couple of instrumental tracks. We've also done a new video for it, which is more like the kind of clip you'd see on TV than YouTube. Hopefully we can get some airplay with it and keep things bubbling along for a few more weeks.

Of course, it was all done in Orion, even the audio recording, using a Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 USB interface and a Rode NT-1 microphone. Mostly we've used Orion's internal instruments and effects, along with our own Killer synths, topped off with a smattering of Wusikstation on a couple of the songs. We also used BBE's Sonic Maximizer and Gol's crazy You Wa Shock for mastering.

Here are some links -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0PVoS-V9aRc
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uGILSPIzn7k
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

Congratulations! :party:
Incomplete list of my gear: 1/8" audio input jack.

I liked headON!

Reality check time. I'm glad I live in the sticks. :D

Hey
Just checked the Head On video. You actually look like a very nice guy whitout the googles and your face cringed in insane sneering, Bones!

And congrats. I have always appreciated that you keep this genre alive and kicking. Modern EBM tends to be commercialized beyond recognition.

And you have always worked hard for it and delivers, even if it takes you half a decade to do so (Zombie Killerz). Fantasy, horror and cyberpunk be with you old lad.

Hail.

"head on" reminds me of what I liked so much about front242 when I was young(er). great stuff, bones! :)

Thanks, guys. Hopefully we can make enough noise to get ourselves onto one of next year's festivals. I reckon we've got another world tour in us! After all, I'm only six months older than Robert Smith and he's still doing it.

The non-video versions of Head On! actually contain quite a bit more dialogue from Inglorious Basterds, the video mix is two minutes shorter, but we took it out because we didn't want it taken down from YouTube. It was tricky getting rid of it because I actually lost the best version of the song so the version we're using was actually a pre-render from before I lost it and before it had vocals. If you listen hard there are a couple of not quite clean edits but mostly it worked OK.
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

Oh, it's been a long time... Haven't listened to your music in a while...
Nicely done !
Keep u the good work

:tu:

Cheers

Congrats Bones!

NOVA(kallisti)ILL!

course i'd say k is spring constant, w * w (w = angular frequency).

w * w

kind of looks like a star nosed mole kilroy, or the backside of a pig. hi

often think of novakill as something like what i'd do in a parallel life.
you come and go, you come and go. amitabha neither a follower nor a leader be tagore "where roads are made i lose my way" where there is certainty, consideration is absent.

I'm gonna take that as a compliment, xoxos, thanks! (And yes, this is nothing more than shameless thread bumping.)

Okay BONES. Let's bump it with some shameless praisings then.

I have been an EBM fan since the 80s though it is certainly not the only style I like. Your style always gives me associations to early 90s EBM in a way that is extremely stylistic purified, just on the edge of being a caricature, while never crossing the thin line and actually ending there.

In the same line your text universe are non poetic straight forward, tending towards the naive, but filled with fantasy themes that trigger my life long love for science fiction and fantasy. Remember the works of the father of Cyberpunk, William Gibson: Count Zero, Neuromancer, Mona Lisa Overdrive? Well, that is where I am mood wise though your texts not associate to these novels directly.

Together with the fact that you actually finish your work, get jobs and make tours and even make your own synths, that makes you a KVR member that deserves a big pile of respect and should be allowed to be a big mouth from time to time.

Now a final thing at a more personal level, if you can take it, otherwise stop reading from here. I have noticed that when you mention your bandmate, there are undertones of a long lasting, deep and productive friendship. I once had a bandmate exactly like that in the early 90s. We were very productive but the idiot smoked heroin and finally died from it. Have been solo ever since. I envy you that musical friendship. Don't take it for granted and keep up the good work both of you, okay?

guys have done some true choice material over the years. shame that sometimes mediocre minds have intended to sully those who have their shit together in this "industry". but as always, no point in mentioning them really, endless detritus washed away by the tides of eventuality.
you come and go, you come and go. amitabha neither a follower nor a leader be tagore "where roads are made i lose my way" where there is certainty, consideration is absent.

Great stuff! I used to love EBM back in the days and still occasionally listen to FLA, Wumpscut and the likes, and this pretty much stands up - raw, brutal and olschool :tu:
You may think you can fly ... but you better not try

We're very excited now, it looks like Leather Strip will be out here for a Halloween tour and we'll be doing the supports. It looks like 2016 might be a really good year for NOVAkILL (fingers crossed).

@ IncarnateX - yes, I am very fortunate to have a collaborator like Sik. He and I have such a huge overlap of interests, not just music, that it is almost scary at times. Our skills tend to be very complementary, too, which makes it all work even better. We're both sci-fi readers so that's why you get so many sci-fi references in our lyrics and in the samples we use.

BONES wrote:We're very excited now, it looks like Leather Strip will be out here for a Halloween tour and we'll be doing the supports. It looks like 2016 might be a really good year for NOVAkILL (fingers crossed).
Congrats Again, NovaKill

Since English is not my first language I will just make sure we are on par when I used expressions like "Caricature" and "naive" above. It was in the positive sense that I find both music and text formed in a Sci-fi Cabaret/Cartoon/Action novel or movie fashion as a matter of choice (even when you go "existential" as in I Hate God). Personally I am in action in the future all the time (where e.g. Wumpscut often points backwards in history, past of Germany and all). It is a good niche and style within EBM, you have found yourself there and are true to.

Oh and FWIW: While appreciating the work of Leather Strip, Novakill is placed a little higher on my personal EBM charts.
Xoxos wrote:guys have done some true choice material over the years. shame that sometimes mediocre minds have intended to sully those who have their shit together in this "industry". but as always, no point in mentioning them really, endless detritus washed away by the tides of eventuality.

Yup. EBM is a marginalized genre. One should not mistake it for easy or be insensitive to artistically differences. FLA is much layered and complex EBM for instance, where e.g. Spetsnaz’ is more traditionally based on synthbass, drum, noise and voice. Where Novakill is depends a little I guess, so I will just say in between. Point is that both styles are harder than you think: To layer complex lines and sounds without ending in White noise or to keep people’s attention going with more basic (body moving) means like bass, drum, noise and voice. A lot of it is about the art of noise and monotony, to vary the invariable, move without moving etc. The devil is in the detail. Try it at home and you will see it is not something you just do.

Return to “Music Cafe”