VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Annual Subscription for Iris Presets Iris 2

I sense an Iris 3 release soon!

:lol: That's a good one.

jsp1979 wrote::lol: That's a good one.
Are you implying that my sense is worth 3 cents?

Fleer wrote:Iris 2 is $49 Stupid Deal Of The Day at Musician's Friend.
:o $49 for Iris 2 is just plain insane! Izotope has been on a mission lately with these frequent no-brainer sales. Great bargain for sure! :borg: :borg: :borg:
T2 Icarus is a must. SonicCore SCOPE is the most. As heart of studio it has my vote, cause XITE-1 is all she wrote.

Anyone get their key from musiciansfriend? I bought iris2 on mf last night and still haven't gotten my key or download instructions.

Got it in 15 minutes. Check your spam folder.

Today, iZotope sent out a 'coupon code' for 30% off any purchase $99 or over.

I logged in and saw the usual 'upgrade coupon' from Iris v1 for $99. $69.30 ($99 minus 30%) is still overpriced given v2's current state, but I was curious to see if the offer actually worked.

Nope: once you add the Iris 2 upgrade to your 'cart', the system automatically changes the price to $74.25. And at that price it's ineligible for the new 'coupon' - and still $4.95 higher than it would have been at the advertised $99, less the 30%.

The dollar difference is insignificant - but it's one more annoyance in the flawed path from v1 to v2...

Great deal ($49) - Terrible company.

I already have v1. I don't care even for that price as long as the point releases are so infrequent and meh. Perhaps they'll charge $150 in a month or so to upgrade to v.3. :roll:

The next version will have no GUI and be called v1.5

Only joking (sort of).
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

Just waiting for the $49 deal on RX5 Advanced now .... that is never going to happen ... unless, maybe, Sir Philip Green buys them (sorry, UK joke).

lnikj wrote:Just waiting for the $49 deal on RX5 Advanced now .... that is never going to happen ... unless, maybe, Sir Philip Green buys them (sorry, UK joke).
yeah I could go for that - RX5 is essential, but the advanced is way over budget for me

So even with the complaints on this synth, is it worth it for $49 when also having other usual VIs (including K10U, Omni) in the arsenal, and why?

I tried the demo and really liked the sound of it and found the modulation etc easy to work with - plus it comes with 11gb of samples in wav format so that might come in handy for use with other sampler synths (falcon/omni) and making wavetables.

No doubt well made product - although some old users in the Kvr are reporting about bugs. But you can immediate see how intuitive and visual the GUI is, how responsive the functions are.
I have several iZotope products but not the Iris2 - just spent some time with the demo. Great sounds!
One minor thing which I didn't find in the manual (Btw, the manuals are nowdays without the index which I really hate): is there any other way to set the start/end points of the sample than the tools in the left side of the GUI? There are loop start and end parameters under the sample field, but no effect when you change those. Usually samplers have markers or drag&squeeze functions, any of those in the Iris2?

the sample controls are working for me with "loop" enabled:

"offset" is the actual start point of playback within the sample, unless it is greater than "loop end", in which case it starts from "loop start"

"loop start" is where it returns to after it reaches "loop end" - there are little triangular marker above the sample that can be dragged to move those.

one thing to note is that the start/end/offset etc controls only affect the currently selected sample - not the other [up to] 3 samples in a patch.

Return to “Instruments”