Best 64bit replacement for VoS NastyDLA?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I LOVE this FX! However, in Reaper I find that it will often just stop responding. It doesn't crash, it's like it turns itself off. I have to manually turn it off/on in the interface. Obviously that's no good.

What I love about it are the sounds you get without an insane number of controls... Plus the price. :)

Can I get a recommendation for a free/cheap replacement?

I want to save my pennies for something like Timeless, but I need a basic go-to replacement for NastyDLA.

dubstation, psp 85...

nastlydla is kinda hard to replace I think.

I also loved NastyDLA and now am extremely happy with PSP Echo - it's really a genius plugin once you get to know it.

Metric Halo Dirty Delay!

+ PSP Echo
+ Waves Manny Marroquin Delay.. maybe too.

Bouroki wrote:PSP Echo
:tu:

Cool. Thanks guys. The "problem" is that there's so many in the ~ $75 range that ALMOST slip into the FabFilter Timeless capability, so I wonder if I should just bite the bullet and spend the money for that... It just seems too complex for a quick drop in and tweak.

I would say Replika XT. I have tried a LOT of delays in search of NastyDLA replacement and Replika comes closest.
It's easy if you know how

Richard deHove wrote:How about TKdelay?

https://www.tritik.com/products/tkdelay/
Not even close.
It's easy if you know how

Echoboy is on sale for $99 this month. That is surely one of the most full-featured delay plugins available.

I use Exponential Audio Excalibur and I've been demoing Echoboy; not sure if I need it or not. It sure sounds great!

My DLA replacement is u-He Satin.
Never seems to get a mention outside of tape-sim discussions, but it is in fact a very capable tape-based delay - it can do the whole echo/chorus/dub thing, and can also do the most realistic flanging I've heard (the Itchycoo Park thing).
1 - 4 taps, each with it's own modulation/pan/gain, as well as the wow/flutter controls. And you can turn the hiss off.

Ayorinde wrote:My DLA replacement is u-He Satin.
Never seems to get a mention outside of tape-sim discussions, but it is in fact a very capable tape-based delay - it can do the whole echo/chorus/dub thing, and can also do the most realistic flanging I've heard (the Itchycoo Park thing).
1 - 4 taps, each with it's own modulation/pan/gain, as well as the wow/flutter controls. And you can turn the hiss off.
I don't know why I always forget U-He makes stuff other than amazing synths... :neutral:

comfortablynick wrote:Echoboy is on sale for $99 this month. That is surely one of the most full-featured delay plugins available.

I use Exponential Audio Excalibur and I've been demoing Echoboy; not sure if I need it or not. It sure sounds great!
iLok... Ugh. I'm trying to avoid that kind of stuff. All I read is how messed up those things can be if you try to make changes to your hardware. I have a desktop, so I'm ALWAYS swapping stuff in and out.. Getting iLok'd out of software I paid for.. Nah....

Otherwise I'd have bought that a while ago as it seems to be one most people recommend.

DruMunkey wrote:iLok... Ugh. I'm trying to avoid that kind of stuff. All I read is how messed up those things can be if you try to make changes to your hardware. I have a desktop, so I'm ALWAYS swapping stuff in and out.. Getting iLok'd out of software I paid for.. Nah....

Otherwise I'd have bought that a while ago as it seems to be one most people recommend.
If you use a dongle, changes to hardware make no difference, as the dongle is designed to be used in deifferent machines.
In 2 years of use I've not had a single problem with iLok. I use Cubase, and have never had a problem with the eLicencer...
If you have a desktop, a dongle is the most convenient form of licensing.
Laptops are a different story!

I found Echoboy and Satin to be closest, but a bit harder to control for "forever space" situation 8)
Un/fortunately my delay search was over when NastyDLAII was released for the type of sound it can create, I've no experience on PSP echo or such.

Echoboy does that sweet sound, almost too sweet.
Satin is more ruthless usually :)
Soft Knees - Live 12, Diva, Omnisphere, Slate Digital VSX, TDR, Kush Audio, U-He, PA, Valhalla, Fuse, Pulsar, NI, OekSound etc. on Win11Pro R7950X & RME AiO Pro
https://www.youtube.com/@softknees/videos Music & Demoscene

Return to “Effects”