Synth 1 version 1.13beta8 (Mac 32/64 bit)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Synth1

didn't even know it was available for Macs..will test it sooon!!!

On LPX 10.1.1 : 12db, HP and BP filters don't work.

Waiting for a 64-bit AU for so long! Running like a champ on Yosemite with REAPER 4.78.

Dear Masters :)

I'm using Live 9 Intro on mac (Yosemite) and I can not run Synth1 - it is not appearing on the VST browser in Live.

I've pasted AU file to .../Audio/Plugins/Components
I've pasted VST file to .../Audio/Plugins/VST
Run ableton, click rescan VST directory and nothing.

Is there something else I need to do?

I'm new to mac so I don't always understand what I'm doing on mac :)

Rgds,
Mateusz

Hi guys,

I don't belive nobody can quickly answer my questions. Please help me a bit.

1. To install Synth1 on mac I only need to paste VST and component to right direcory?
2. On which mac OS some of you are using Sytnh1?
3. Which mac OS may be the latest that Synth1 can work on?
4. Is 10.10.3 to high?

Thankss in advance.

Regards,
Mateusz

mateuz wrote: 1. To install Synth1 on mac I only need to paste VST and component to right direcory?
From the Synth1 website:
Installation
Install downloaded file.
Please extract downloaded zip file into following folder.
for AU Macintosh HD/Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/Components
for VST Macintosh HD/Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/VST

You're doing it right, however, there are two locations with a plugin folder, one is in your home folder: macusername/library/audio/plugins, and the other one systemwide: MacintoshHD/library/audio/plugins. Make sure you use the Components and VST folder in the latter one, as I believe that's where Live defaults to (and where all your other plugins are).
Can't help you in more detail as I haven't installed synth1 and I'm not sure if it works on my system.

I have the same problem with the preset banks window. Has anybody found a solution yet?

dupont wrote:On LPX 10.1.1 : 12db, HP and BP filters don't work.
It doesn't even pass validation on my mac. O well.

I tried migrating to 64bit and now the preset window doesn't stay but it will appear above synth1 so i have to drag the gui to the bottom of my screen.
Also LP24, BP and HP don't work on 64 bit.

this is by far the buggiest release ever. I don't mean to be ungrateful, but i hope mr ichiro fixes this issues soon.

mateuz wrote:Dear Masters :)

I'm using Live 9 Intro on mac (Yosemite) and I can not run Synth1 - it is not appearing on the VST browser in Live.

I've pasted AU file to .../Audio/Plugins/Components
I've pasted VST file to .../Audio/Plugins/VST
Run ableton, click rescan VST directory and nothing.

Is there something else I need to do?

I'm new to mac so I don't always understand what I'm doing on mac :)

Rgds,
Mateusz
"Is there something else I need to do?"

Yes, buy a decent PC. Synth1 is such an incredibly good sounding, classic and -- did I mention -- FREE softsynth that it will be worth it.

MarlaPodolski wrote: Yes, buy a decent PC. Synth1 is such an incredibly good sounding, classic and -- did I mention -- FREE softsynth that it will be worth it.

Synth1 sounds way better on mac. I've done AB comparisons and the filters sound lusher in the mac version. Don't know exactly why or how, but thats just like that.

I actually was intending on using bootcamp to run ableton in windows just for the VOS plugins and some other freeware, but when i discovered that synth1 sounds aweful when compared to mac i stopped.

100F wrote:Synth1 sounds way better on mac
[====[\\\\\\\\]>------,

Ay caramba !

Damn, seems like I have to get a mac now. :/

Has anybody found a solution on the preset window or the bp hp filters not working?

It's so frustrating that i love synth1 so much but its so buggy and just not usable for me

Return to “Instruments”