New xils lab synth coming...

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Never had any problems with it.

I think Xils synths are great synths with a true analog feel. .:)

Daags wrote:i come from the school of thought that 'the customer is always right'.
Objectively speaking, the customer is not always right. Sometimes the producer is right, sometimes a third party is right, sometimes a fourth party is the only right one, sometimes no one is completely right, sometimes no one is right at all.
"The educated person is one who knows how to find out what he does not know" - George Simmel
“It's what you learn after you know it all that counts.” - John Wooden

wald wrote:But the user interface does not have the same level of quality.
For me it's only Synthex 2 and miniSynthex that need a gui overhaul. They look quite clumsy and "half-way there", their "tall" keyboard look is also plain ugly. They need to look less computer graphics and more like V+ and PolyKb, i.e. like their hardware inspirations. Everything else though looks the part! :tu:
"The educated person is one who knows how to find out what he does not know" - George Simmel

HunterKiller wrote:
Daags wrote:i come from the school of thought that 'the customer is always right'.
Objectively speaking, the customer is not always right. Sometimes the producer is right, sometimes a third party is right, sometimes a fourth party is the only right one, sometimes no one is completely right, sometimes no one is right at all.

Figuratively speaking, the customer is always right - assuming you want their money and continued custom.

Daags wrote:
HunterKiller wrote:

Figuratively speaking, the customer is always right - assuming you want their money and continued custom.
Well, there's a big difference between the customer being in control of their purchases and being right.

If a customer demands that your $100 VST has all the features of a Schmidt but only wants to spend $100 for it and won't make the purchase unless you make those changes, you may not get his money if you don't cave in to his ridiculous demands, but that doesn't make him right.

I see the pedants are out like flies to dogshit here.

we're talking about fixing a consistently complained about preset system here. not a fundamental change to the product itself.

carry on.

HunterKiller wrote:
wald wrote:But the user interface does not have the same level of quality.
For me it's only Synthex 2 and miniSynthex that need a gui overhaul. They look quite clumsy and "half-way there", their "tall" keyboard look is also plain ugly. They need to look less computer graphics and more like V+ and PolyKb, i.e. like their hardware inspirations. Everything else though looks the part! :tu:
PolyKB has some issues as well. The shadows that obscure text is pretty unforgivable. It does sound great, though.
Zerocrossing Media

4th Law of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light. ~[ ●_● ]~

Daags wrote:Figuratively speaking, the customer is always right - assuming you want their money and continued custom.
Not at the expense of common sense, therefore, not always. I've worked in businesses and seen both sides of the fence. Simplifying things like that, is what actually leads to bad business in the long term. Find common ground, do not conquer in order to gain short term gratification.

Nielzie wrote:
vic_france wrote:
wagtunes wrote:Okay, so does anybody know what the synth is?
I'm going to stick my neck out, and have a wild guess at Polymoog. Listening to those A/Bs.. anyone agree with me... analog drift, but perfect octaves? (the Polymoog is a "divide down" architecture, plus it has Sawtooth, Square and "mixed").
Hmm yes, that what it sounded like to me, a "divide down" architecture synth, like those string synths.. You could very well be right here imho with your guess for the Polymoog :)

But otoh we could be awfully wrong too :hihi:
I hope it is a Polymoog emulation :)

For me - the biggest issues with the preset browser is not, mainly, the functionality but rather the usability.

I think xils-lab will indeed come up with a new preset browser. Maybe just not yet with thsi new synth.

However I think once they've made a new preset browser they'll upgrade all other xils-syn6hs with it.

A month passed by, no news. Did the preset browser and graphics remarks kill this? Can't believe.
Time for some clues on this new release!

Albert.VST wrote:A month passed by, no news. Did the preset browser and graphics remarks kill this? Can't believe.
Wel... Summer ends in about 20 days, sou, we do not have to wait much longer now :wink:
Fernando (FMR)

Daags wrote: 'the customer is always right'.
How old are you? Cause the only people I hear say that tend to be over 30...and have never worked a day in anything customer service related.

Also, companies hate, hate customers that believe that outdated, nonsensical, and possibly dangerous idea.

fmr wrote:
Albert.VST wrote:A month passed by, no news. Did the preset browser and graphics remarks kill this? Can't believe.
Wel... Summer ends in about 20 days, sou, we do not have to wait much longer now :wink:
According to my info, the new synthesizer might be delayed for a certain time. Some additional information might however come in the next weeks.

On a side note, afaik Xils-Lab has always delivered what they promised, sometimes with a bit of delay, but never teased a plug in for ages without releasing it, or promised updates for years, that never came. So hope there certainly is. :D
http://www.lelotusbleu.fr Synth Presets

77 Exclusive Soundbanks for 23 synths, 8 Sound Designers, Hours of audio Demos. The Sound you miss might be there

I have to chime in ..the guis are absolutely but ugly .
Beginners level photoshop skills , at least for oxium and stixx ...damn that thing is butt butt ugly .
Which is kinda strange cause their gui designer ( yannick bonnefoy ) is capable of doing otherwise.
http://www.nanopsy.tv/
Eyeball exchanging
Soul calibrating ..frequencies

Return to “Instruments”