What software are you really using currently?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I use Advance 49 with VIP standalone just to check the presets for my ols synths. Don't plan to start any project anytime soon :ud:
Blog ------------- YouTube channel
Tricky-Loops wrote: (...)someone like Armin van Buuren who claims to make a track in half an hour and all his songs sound somewhat boring(...)

I am using various kinds of software these days. :ud:

EnGee wrote:Notion 4 with my Casio DP. This is the most I used for the last few months.

Anyway, for a DAW and soft synths, the most I used last week (except today which mostly I used Reason):

Sonar as a DAW,
Reaktor (the ensembles included with it), Razor, Massive, FM8, Korg Mono/Poly, Padshop Pro and Retrologue.
Session Drummer mostly for Acoustic Drums.

Oh and TB Track Essentials (especially EQ and Compressor) and Nomad Factory Blue effects.
Only the first line and the last one are relevant now!!

1.PC/Desktop:
DAW: Bitwig mainly with its drums and effects
Instruments: Studio Drummer, Battery 3, LuSH 101, u-he synths, Dune 2, Waves synths and e-piano, Some of NI synths especially Reaktor based.
Effects: TB Track Essentials and some of Waves plugs
Hardware: Blofeld (mainly as midi keys/controller)

Laptop:
Notion 5 and E-Media piano learning software with Casio PX5S.

Synthmaster for pads mainly, ACE for basses and Wusik Station V8 for pianos and that stuff.

Live Intro (sold Live Standard as I never go above 16-tracks) with lots of Simpler devices for my sample library, Omnisphere 2 for just about anything, Reaktor Aerobic, Eventide Blackhole and that's about it.

Reaper
Komplete 9 ultimate
Omnisphere 2
Oddity 2
Izotope nectar
Izotope ozone 7
And some other bits n pieces

Blue2 has taken precedence lately... everyone should try it!

Love to use Absynth, Alchemy, Zebra... they got dem mods to tweek... Omnisphere pop ups often too :)

yeah there is no way in hell you guys have used that much kit in the last three weeks. Ridiculous. You are just listing off what you have in your rack and what you like. The question posed was what have you actually use in the last three weeks.

Hive, Spire, Oddity 2, geist1, Kuassa, Room, waves delay, opto compressor. Haven't touched much else lately.

Dasheesh wrote:yeah there is no way in hell you guys have used that much kit in the last three weeks. Ridiculous. You are just listing off what you have in your rack and what you like. The question posed was what have you actually use in the last three weeks.

Hive, Spire, Oddity 2, geist1, Kuassa, Room, waves delay, opto compressor. Haven't touched much else lately.
If you mean me, then you are wrong. I have used what I wrote above. I didn't list what I have.

I have many plugins, but just lately I've been using Synclavier V, Icarus, Synthmaster 2.8, OP-X Pro II, and Addictive Drums 2. For hardware, I have the Sub Phatty.

Analog Lab
Kontakt with Cinesamples
Maschine Studio
Falcon
Loom
Diva

This week, and probably for the next several months or so, I'll be working on my Broadway musical like soundtrack. So I'll be using solely my East West Quantum Leap collection and mostly from it the following libraries

Hollywood Strings
Hollywood Brass
Hollywood Woodwinds
Symphonic Orchestra

And for vocals, Vocaloid

Here's the title track of the upcoming CD that I just finished. 15 more tracks to go.

https://soundcloud.com/steven-wagenheim ... va-on-lead

For my business, whatever synth I'm programming libraries for at the moment. That changes on a monthly basis.

So I don't really use a lot of stuff on a regular basis.

The mainstays of my software setup:

Ableton Live
Reaper

Kontakt
Zebra
Diva
Reaktor

Pro-Q
Pro-MB
Pro-L
Valhalla Vintage Verb
Uhbik-A
The Glue
The Drop

That's the core of what I use all the time. Except for Pro-L, there's literally at least one instance of every single one of those plugins in my default template before I even begin, hah. Adding to these, of course I'll often spice things up with specially targeted tools, depending on the task at hand.

However, the actual reason I felt compelled to reply: that's a very beautiful track, Wagtunes.

Guenon wrote:The mainstays of my software setup:

Ableton Live
Reaper

Kontakt
Zebra
Diva
Reaktor

Pro-Q
Pro-MB
Pro-L
Valhalla Vintage Verb
Uhbik-A
The Glue
The Drop

That's the core of what I use all the time. Except for Pro-L, there's literally at least one instance of every single one of those plugins in my default template before I even begin, hah. Adding to these, of course I'll often spice things up with specially targeted tools, depending on the task at hand.

However, the actual reason I felt compelled to reply: that's a very beautiful track, Wagtunes.
Nice setup. And thanks. Broadway was my first love.

Bitwig
Aalto
Renoise

Really think I've upped my game with using the modular aspects of Bitwig a bit more intelligently to create instruments. For example, using four key-tracking samplers in an instrument container, assigned to four corners of an LFO-controlled x-y pad device. Can kind of emulate a wavetable synth that way. (Going back to Renoise for a bit always helps remind me how much can be done just with samplers and modulation). and I just love Aalto.

Return to “Instruments”