Songs I Wish I Made

Anything about MUSIC but doesn't fit into the forums above.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

GaryG wrote:I think it's the simple songs I envy the most, the same ol' three chords but given new life by melody and passion.
right! That's what gets me about Tom Petty's tunes, they're so simple in structure.

I don't get it :shrug:

But it's soooo simple...

e@rs wrote:Yeah, it was a serious question. Because for me KVR is definitely not an EDM site (just check the stuff people post in the 'What are you listening to now?' thread.

And usually when someone asks something related to Deadmau5, Garrix, Guetta or Avicii, the thread doesn't create much interest.

And what exactly is KVR you ask?

KVR is a GAS site. :wink:

Maybe you have very good points there but I wanted to explore it some more, by way of tallied stats.
While eating (food), and lurking at KVR it occured to me to do some further Googling on the subject of "Is KVR Audio primarily an EDM site?" as opposed to "Is KVR Audio primarily a songwriter site?". I'll Google those two quotes now just to see what comes up.

"Is KVR Audio primarily an EDM site?" - No results found
"Is KVR Audio primarily a songwriter site?" - No results found

I knew that was gonna happen.

So, I did more specific searching and the results might not be indicative of anything... but hey maybe they are.
Anyways, I took the (I presume) giants of EDM mentioned in your post and the giants of songwriting ("Best Rock Songwriters" - Googled it, chose first 4) and Googled them but this time I put the two words "kvr audio" and the songwriter's first and last name in quotation to have better results and here's what I found:

EDM total = 5609
"kvr audio" avacii - About 909 results
"kvr audio" garrix - About 1,520 results
"kvr audio" deadmau5 - About 1,690 results
"kvr audio" guetta - About 1,490 results

Songwriter total = 3400
"kvr audio" "bob dylan" - About 1,570 results
"kvr audio" "joni mitchell" - About 431 results
"kvr audio" "neil young" - About 988 results
"kvr audio" "paul simon" - About 411 results

So I guess KVR might both be an EDM site as well as a songwriter site... and more. On second thought, I guess you are more probably right... KVR Audio is foremost a GAS site.

Hahaha, I should pay more attention to that "Audio" part of KVR's name
ah böwakawa poussé poussé

Damn, I Googled "Best Rock Songwriters" again and the first 4 totally changed. It's now Kurt Cobain, John Lennon, Paul McCartney, Peter Gabriel, in that order. It occurred to me that the rock music world must have at least 100 songwriting giants or more but maybe EDM only has about 10 due to EDM being newer. So I guess never mind my post from before. It probably wasn't a good way to make a case.

I googled the same term, and these where listed as top 4 from left:

Bob Dylan / Paul Mc / John L / Bruce Springsteen

e@rs wrote: And what exactly is KVR you ask?

KVR is a GAS site. :wink:
Wow. Doh me. I can't believe that all this time, I have not noticed that thingy at the top center of all KVR page. The "What is KVR?" thingy. Has that been there a long time? Or just recently?

Well anyways, there is no info there regarding what type of people uses and visits this site most. Maybe past polls have more info on it. I still can't be sure if it is mostly EDM makers or what. EDM makers could be GASsy too, right? Just like songwriters? And guitar players? And what have you?

Only this one: https://vimeo.com/43989859

You'll probably need these as well...

I've only ever once in life felt more connected to another human being than when I'm reading through (some of) the lyrics of this guy, most remarkably this one track. Even the video is basically a mirrored experience down to the colour of eyes.

Sounds like a simple rubbish modern metal track with lots of screaming. Yes.
Looks like a simple "hard stares and many beers" kinda video. Yes.

But once you've been in this emotional place in life, or are there, you'll be able to understand all of it.
What all the screaming is about; not aggression or hate, nor rage or vulgarity. Just bare pain.
You'll be able to read all the many symbolisms hidden in plain sight in this clip.
The simplicity of it all, the track, the notes, the words, the situation.
The distance, the disconnection, the desperation.
The presence, the memory, the hope.
Anger. Regret. Powerlessness.
Depression. Resignation.
Anxiety. Solitude.
Forever.

Maybe it's just a simple rubbish modern metal track with lots of screeming and a lame practise room party video to you. Fair enough. But to me, it's a piece right out of my soul, a mirror into the past and a true work of art. I am VERY jealous that I didn't/couldn't make this.
I don't work here, I just feed the trolls.
My sales thread @ Market Place
My website with lots of free stuff:
Sampled drums and instruments | Clipping plugin | Shure SRH840 EQ correction presets | SFZ syntax mode for Coda2

If I am putting the dots together correctly... it's a break-up song? A lot of people can relate. Heartbreak sucks. Reminds me of this other post.
dea-man wrote:
bronxsound wrote:is it worth getting married?
The marriage certificate just makes the relationship "legal".

But, if you want a marrigae "of the heart, body, mind and spirit", I suggest living together first, for a really, long time.

i have no shame. i'll admit to liking sappy but effective songs.
yup, i wish i have the ability to make songs from any genre.
heck, i wish i could write one decent song at all.
for example, this edm one. wowee, that chorus really works!!!

https://youtu.be/n7wvAEDOxAs

and here's another. i think it's really just country music.
just lyrics and melody. working together.
i wish songwriting is as easy as playing speed scrabble.
but nooooooo.

doesn't even need the guitar? okay maybe it does. a bit.
but maybe stevie nicks didn't. she originally used a piano?
oh wait no. she was too poor back then to own a piano?

and it doesn't matter if it's not a gal singing it.
it just works. yup. uh huh. i wish i could write a song like this.

https://youtu.be/i055VEvnLA4

Return to “Everything Else (Music related)”