Behringer Analog Synth

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Daags wrote:there's no way this thing is sold for sub 1k .... 1.5k is optimistic, but possible. perhaps even likely. and closer to 2k wouldn't be unreasonable, considering the spec. but these $800 etc price predictions are just delusional. I'm sure they want to tap in to that pricing section of the market, but this isn't the keyboard they are going to do it with.

imo.
You may be right, but I'm not delusional (that's almost a Billy Joel song right there). Given their retail channels they may very well be trying to bring something in at, say 999. All depends on how they bring about the polyphony and where they cut costs. The Minilogue is half the price of the Mopho x4; they're similar on the surface, with the Mopho having full-size keys, more modulation options, probably better components (though I'm only guessing there), etc. With DCOs, digital effects based on Behringer's existing tech, off-shore manufacturing (Hong Kong), I'm going with optimistic.

Still, it'll probably be 2k and I'll eat my words... :ud:

Since we do not know about all it's features yet, we do not know what really is optimistic . Much depends on what is under the surface. The edit bottons below the lfos may just be wave selectors and the lfo routings could be fixed to e.g. Amp and filter or they could be entries to an advanced mod matrix. The same way the edit botton under dco 2 could mean everything from just a switch of dco's 1's waveselector giving both dcos only two possible waveforms to select (saw and square) or it could be an entry to much more waveforms including triangle and sine. Then there are the question of potential subs (Mopho x 4 has 2 subs pr. osc) and the now infamous 2 lfos pr. voice, which could suggest everything from fixed voice synced lfos, that apparently can be key tracked, to a feature like Minilogue's where they can run free and maybe even go beyond that and be rate adjusted individually. I'd say we need much more info yet to even disagree meaningfully about the price. My intuition points toward further advanced features to be revealed.

IncarnateX wrote: Hearing the difference wouldn't be possible even to Superman lest he knew exactly what notes where played and calculated the difference between free running lfo's and keytracked
It would certainly be a strange detour to make the effect in the video by adjusting each LFO individually one key efter another when you can do this by simple keytracking. Of course you cannot deduce from the result whether it was made one way or the other.
"I speak for all mediocrities in the world. I am their champion. I am their patron saint."

sounds good and I bet the price will be even better knowing behringer.
maybe won't be as cheap as the minilogue, but in the ballpark IMO.

It has a name! And 4 FX engines!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0bGBcOQR9GA

Locus M wrote: It would certainly be a strange detour to make the effect in the video by adjusting each LFO individually one key efter another when you can do this by simple keytracking. Of course you cannot deduce from the result whether it was made one way or the other.
Just had an aha experience. Maybe Mutant and I are talking about different things here and both are right.
If his point is that to have keytracking effect at all, you will need a keytracked lfo pr. voice, then I am all in. What I thought was at stake was whether these lfos can act like individual adjustable lfos and be e.g desynced and free running like minilogue's and further each be rate adjusted manually, which I though was his claim on basis of the vid.

In that case, I take it on me. Mutant is deffo not my favorite poster and we will hardly be bff, but I am man enough to give an apologize if a guy deserves it. So here it is: Dear mutant, if I am right about the above, I apologize for being an ass about it. Mea Culpa. A misunderstanding. Post away then. I promise to stfu.
Last edited by IncarnateX on Thu Jul 28, 2016 12:59 pm, edited 2 times in total.

JoeCat wrote: Still, it'll probably be 2k and I'll eat my words... :ud:
Nobody is going to spend 2k on a Behringer synth imho, no matter what the spec is ...

thecontrolcentre wrote:
JoeCat wrote: Still, it'll probably be 2k and I'll eat my words... :ud:
Nobody is going to spend 2k on a Behringer synth imho, no matter what the spec is ...
I wouldn't bet on that. :D If it's analog and 12 voices, people will probably buy it. I guess it'll rather be in the low 1.000's though. And it will be Behringer quality, a bit better maybe. The price won't come out of nowhere. Quality has to be compromised, when the price is low. They simply won't be able to buy quality components, if the price has to be kept as low as possible.

Software editor on the top @0:16 ?
Some tablet screen ?
[====[\\\\\\\\]>------,

Ay caramba !

One guy at GS heard the price from his dealer.
Apparently it caused his jaw to drop...
IDK if because of low 1000$ or high 5000$. :D
[====[\\\\\\\\]>------,

Ay caramba !

Mutant wrote:One guy at GS heard the price from his dealer.
Apparently it caused his jaw to drop...
IDK if because of low 1000$ or high 5000$. :D
Didn't he say how much it was? Lame. :P

Call me crazy, but IMO it will be priced well under 1K... in fact, close to Minilogue price ;) B got a ton of crap during all these years for cloning every piece of gear they could get their hands on & for flooding the market with cheap hardware, and now it's one of those rare moments for them (alongside X32) to show what they're really capable of; they will not play nicely, they will go for the kill and price this unit so aggresively low that no other company would be able to keep up the pace. Maybe that's also why Minilogue was released while still a bit rough around the edges - maybe Korg got word about this monster getting released midyear and that made them rush the launch in order to move enough gear before DM12 hits the stores... who knows...
TELURICA - "Made In ___ [INSERT LOCATION]" - EP.
Available now on Soundcloud: https://soundcloud.com/telurica/sets/ma ... t-location

Hi Crazy
Would love to join the low price masturbation party but I cannot get rid of my skepticism. Rather set my expectations at a high price and be pleasently surprised.

Mutant wrote:Software editor on the top @0:16 ?
Some tablet screen ?
Yeah, as it zoomed in to it, there was a glimpse of the rounded (iPad-ish) corner, then the UI. There were numerous "processors". :tu:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
I'm not a musician, but I've designed sounds that others use to make music. http://soundcloud.com/obsidiananvil

The Matrixbrute has way more features than this, its monophonic, has analogue fx and is about 1500 i think

So, either this will be at least twice that price, or it will be a pretty crap analog (ie just the filter) that is 'cheap'

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”