Behringer Analog Synth

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

^^^ True. That just refers to lfo keytracking, which can be acheived by routing the keyboard cv out to the lfo rate's cv in (hardwired in non modular systems if they have the feature at all).

Listen to the sound, not only to what he says.
[====[\\\\\\\\]>------,

Ay caramba !

Sounds like key tracked LFO to me, which would be in accordance what he says. Are you going to tell us that you can hear there are different LFOs pr. voice? How is that possible? Please elaborate.

The good news about this being a Behringer synth is they may be able to keep the price even lower than 1k. Behringer deals in higher volume hardware due their much wider market compared to Moog, etc., they can likely keep their cost of goods sold down. Probably a lot of the same switches, leds, etc. from their mixers, also resistors caps, op-amps by the boatload. Even at twelve voices that may make a difference.

there's no way this thing is sold for sub 1k .... 1.5k is optimistic, but possible. perhaps even likely. and closer to 2k wouldn't be unreasonable, considering the spec. but these $800 etc price predictions are just delusional. I'm sure they want to tap in to that pricing section of the market, but this isn't the keyboard they are going to do it with.

imo.

For anyone who can't hear the different LFO rate on the low and high notes of that chord:
https://www.gearslutz.com/board/12034678-post1406.html
"I like to clarify that these are 12 voices with each 2 DCO's and 2 LFO’s. The oscillators are DCO’s, which means these are digitally controlled analog oscillators; so the synth has 24 full-blown analog oscillators."
[====[\\\\\\\\]>------,

Ay caramba !

Mutant wrote:For anyone who can't hear the different LFO rate on the low and high notes of that chord:
https://www.gearslutz.com/board/12034678-post1406.html
"I like to clarify that these are 12 voices with each 2 DCO's and 2 LFO’s. The oscillators are DCO’s, which means these are digitally controlled analog oscillators; so the synth has 24 full-blown analog oscillators."
Hearing it retrospectively already knowing it counts as much as your retrospectively corrected divinations.

Hearing the difference wouldn't be possible even to Superman lest he knew exactly what notes where played and calculated the difference between free running lfo's and keytracked :roll:

Think we already have a suitable comment to this:
Daags wrote: you should just stop talking shit in general.
:lol:

Mutant wrote:For anyone who can't hear the different LFO rate on the low and high notes of that chord:
Oh, and I was so occupied wth your prententions that I forgot the most important point, namely that one (or two) lfo(s) pr. voice doesn't necessarily imply that their rates can be adjusted individually. It may just mean that they dont have to be phase synced and thus are able to run free but with the same rates like the case is with Minilogoue. Thus hearing different rates between low and high notes will always apply to keytracked lfo rates, but not necessarily to free running lfos.
Last edited by IncarnateX on Wed Jul 27, 2016 5:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

I'm waiting for official specification.

There's no point to discuss something we can barely see or hear :shrug:
Blog ------------- YouTube channel
Tricky-Loops wrote: (...)someone like Armin van Buuren who claims to make a track in half an hour and all his songs sound somewhat boring(...)

OK, so out of curiosity i clicked on the "Display this post" to see what kind of the usual ignorant nonsense 1 of the 2 trolls in this thread will write...
:dog: :lol: :clap:
Yeah, i got what i expected.

Dude, you are watching a commercial video that is aimed at people who will easily hear what they wanted you to hear.
And they wanted you to hear different LFO rates on different notes in that chord.
Yes, a total newbie to synthesis will not even know what to listen for (maybe a new hobby will be better for you - painting, or knitting for example).

And no, vaguely remembering Ulis post from few days ago had 0 effect on my or anyone elses ability to hear it (like most synth nerds i noticed it on the first day that video was online, so before Ulis post).

Which this post kinda proves:
https://www.gearslutz.com/board/12024867-post873.html
[====[\\\\\\\\]>------,

Ay caramba !

^^^^
Just answered that, dudella. You probably didn't read it, but here it is again for the masses to judge who is the bigger fool:
one (or two) lfo(s) pr. voice doesn't necessarily imply that their rates can be adjusted individually. It may just mean that they dont have to be phase synced and thus are able to run free but with the same rates like the case is with Minilogoue. Thus hearing different rates between low and high notes will always apply to keytracked lfo rates, but not necessarily to free running lfos.
So much for your perception of different rates and the rest of your crap.
Last edited by IncarnateX on Thu Jul 28, 2016 5:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

Mutant wrote: Yes, a total newbie to synthesis will not even know what to listen for (maybe a new hobby will be better for you - painting, or knitting for example).
A newbie wouldn't know the difference between the effect of a keyboard tracked lfo like the video displays and free running lfos pr. voice, which you have just demonstrated thoroughly that you don't.

I wouldn't even recommend knitting or painting as a new hobby for you, though, because I know you would go patronizing people at knitting or paintings forums pretending to be an expert after reading the manual introductions.

Can you take the bullying and mean-spiritedness somewhere else? I read this forum for useful information and interesting conversation, not for people to be jerks to each other and to scroll through arguments and attacks because people can't get over past slights and disagreements...which is why I find myself coming here less and less these days.

Good points mate, bur remember you can use your foe's list to mute people, or you can report posts you find offending or you can leave KVR anytime you want and seek your conversations elsewhere. If you find a forum without periodically disagreements, fights and bans, plz come back and give a hint about such a paradise. I am sure many would like to emmigrate.

IncarnateX wrote:Good points mate, bur remember you can use your foe's list to mute people, or you can report posts you find offending or you can leave KVR anytime you want and seek your conversations elsewhere. If you find a forum without periodically disagreements, fights and bans, plz come back and give a hint about such a paradise. I am sure many would like to emmigrate.

Ah fair enough, I looked for a mute feature and saw the foes list, but I didn't know it muted people.

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”