Your next guitar?

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

tapper mike wrote:So here's the full review of my Variax.

Dell Vostro i9 64GB Ram Windows 11 Pro, Cubase, Bitwig, Mixcraft Guitar Pod Go, Linntrument Nektar P1, Novation Launchpad

Uncle E wrote:So you had less access to high frets than with a standard Fender neck heel? Personally, I rarely play above the 15th fret but it'd be an interesting thing to know.
The "deluxe" models (for how ever many years) had the heel one way, and now they are different. To me (YMMV) the older way is better.

No need for words.

Pretty. :)

Wish I had the equipment to dry wood. I'd make my next bass (always wanted a headless).
Blue Phase Music

wow, that's a sweet stick of lumber.
If you have to ask, you can't afford the answer

Trying to figure out how to make it happen. If I get it and love it (10 days to return it if not) I'll have to scramble to get rid of a couple of things and have the money when the balance comes (I don't DO interest payments! )

A little worried about the pups, but if it's killer, that can be resolved.

incubus wrote:Trying to figure out how to make it happen. If I get it and love it (10 days to return it if not) I'll have to scramble to get rid of a couple of things and have the money when the balance comes (I don't DO interest payments! )

A little worried about the pups, but if it's killer, that can be resolved.
keep us posted. Kiesel has been getting better and better. That's one fabulous looking axe.

is the switch phase or series/parallel?

I don't know, the blurb doesn't even list the pickups. I have to dig deeper to out what they are....might give them a ring before they close.

Anyone want a Fender Deluxe strat with the original or EMG (luke) set? :hihi:

Will sell cheap (definitely under a grand, they were about 1700 street before they went "elite" )

incubus wrote:I don't know, the blurb doesn't even list the pickups. I have to dig deeper to out what they are....might give them a ring before they close.

Anyone want a Fender Deluxe strat with the original or EMG (luke) set? :hihi:

Will sell cheap (definitely under a grand, they were about 1700 street before they went "elite" )
I'd rather race you to grab the Kiesel :D kidding

Oh no, if you want it, snag it. I won't be crushed. In fact as gorgeous as it is, starting to wonder about the hardtail. For a "strat" that is a little one-dimensional for me.

I wonder if ordering one with the wilkinson would look even remotely close?

I'm on a purchase pause after Gearfest. Or I would consider it.

Ok, found it.
Okay, I understand the five settings possible with the typical five-way Strat-style selector switch. (1) neck; (2) neck/middle; (3) middle; (4) middle/bridge; (5) bridge

I also understand that with Carvin's neat little bridge on/off mini toggle, you can run all three pickups on at once, or the bidge and neck at once.
But I'm still really unclear about the pups themselves.

Ah, I'd prefer a phase switch myself. Running all 3 is rarely useful IMO. Even series/parallel offers only minor differences, usually lost in level instead of tone. Just my opinion of course.

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”