Leads/Pads/Basses [Tech House]

How to do this, that and the other. Share, learn, teach. How did X do that? How can I sound like Y?
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hey guys I am currently learning subtractive synthesis and I am really struggling to find any sort of information on where Leads/Pads/Basses (Leads/Pads especially) should be used in a song, but also the common waveforms that are used to create each one, I am just looking for some general guidelines I can base my synth creation on

Thanks in advance :)

P.S if this is in the wrong forum I apologise

For learning when to use leads/pads/basses you could try breaking down some tracks you like. Bring the track as an audio clip into your DAW and determine where those different elements start and end. This also helps with getting a feel for song structure.

For sound design I reckon an effective way to learn would be to browse through presets in a synth and write down some that you like. Then figure out how they're made and learn to recreate them from scratch.
Hope this helps!

Thanks dude, this is definitely the technique I used for drums and I guess its the same for synths, was hoping there were some guidelines to get me started :)

Return to “Production Techniques”