No Audio Output - Cubase - Saffire Pro 40

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hey guys,

So I can now record audio but I have no audio output. For instance if I try to play a MIDI instrument live I get no output same with trying to playback a recording.

I can now record audio but something with my outputs is wacky. I followed along this youtube guide from focusrite.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vWK6s2uHuKg

Trying to figure out if it's Cubase of Mix Control. Scroll down to see my cubase settings. Here are my mix control settings as of now.

I have been moving over to Cubase for some logistical reasons and so far have gotten comfy with their MIDI editing. I am trying to add 2 audio tracks and can't seem to find out how to route them from my interface to Cubase.

Here's what I did:

- Created an 2 Audio Tracks - Mono tracks
- Went over to the inspector and clicked on the input
- The only 2 options are "left" or "right". I assumed I would see input 1 - 8 of the saffire pro 40.

So...

- Went up to devices/device setup and went to ASIO Saffire. Which shows port 1&2 to be active - which should be correct because 1 has a Mic and 2 has a guitar plugged in.

What am I missing?
Any tips are appreciated!

Thanks,
Kevin
Last edited by theEmbark on Thu Jul 28, 2016 7:10 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Win 7 | Dual Xeon x5680 | 48 GB RAM | Saffire Pro 40 | Yamaha HS50 monitors |Cubase 8.5 Pro|
Kevin DiGennaro

Did you check 'VST Connections' in the drop down menu under 'Devices' at the top?

That's where you set up your interface ins and outs.

felis wrote:Did you check 'VST Connections' in the drop down menu under 'Devices' at the top?

That's where you set up your interface ins and outs.
Thank you! Brand new to Cubase and don't think I would have ever looked there. I guess I assumed my interface was working since I was getting audio out and midi and everything but just was one more step. Can't test it completely until morning but I am now seeing what looks more like the proper inputs. It doesn't help that I took on the windows 10 learning curve on at the same time :d.

Thanks again,
Kevin
Win 7 | Dual Xeon x5680 | 48 GB RAM | Saffire Pro 40 | Yamaha HS50 monitors |Cubase 8.5 Pro|
Kevin DiGennaro

Might be worth an afternoon to watch the Cubase Quick Start Video series. Way more efficient than trying to figure it out as you go along. (For example, the VST Connections thing is explained in "Chapter 2 - Getting Connected"):

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... CJYzKLd3y7

Sounds good I will go a head and do that :-). Just happened to be working on a project and wanted to record some bits of it so figured I'd see if I could pick up on Cubase from all the other daws I've used over the years.

Thanks for your help - off to YouTube,
Kevin
Kevin DiGennaro

flugel45 wrote:Might be worth an afternoon to watch the Cubase Quick Start Video series. Way more efficient than trying to figure it out as you go along. (For example, the VST Connections thing is explained in "Chapter 2 - Getting Connected"):

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... CJYzKLd3y7
Thanks for the youtube link that was helpful but at the same time I am still having an issue :/. I am now getting no Audio output from cubase. I configured my Saffire pro 40 as follows (according to focusrite instructions):

Any help is again appreciated!

Thanks,
Kevin
Kevin DiGennaro

what's on the Studio tab
If you have to ask, you can't afford the answer

SJ_Digriz wrote:what's on the Studio tab
If I try to change to outputs 1&2 (which are my monitors) it disconnects the outputs from the outputs tab.

Thanks,
Kevin
Kevin DiGennaro

set the outputs on that tab to 1/2. Remove them from the main output page. See if that works.

By the way, just turning off that blue power button will probably fix your problem, but it would be better to learn how to use the control room. The answer to your next 137 questions about audio processing will start with "in the control room ..."

SJ_Digriz wrote:set the outputs on that tab to 1/2. Remove them from the main output page. See if that works.
Thanks for the reply,
I went a head and tried this and still no luck with any output :/
SJ_Digriz wrote:By the way, just turning off that blue power button will probably fix your problem, but it would be better to learn how to use the control room. The answer to your next 137 questions about audio processing will start with "in the control room ..."
I also tried this after not having any success with the first suggestion and no luck here either.

Thanks for any further help,
Kevin
Kevin DiGennaro

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”