Is there any Chord vst can do this in DAW?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi,

I am using Cubase 7.x and well ... Sonar x3. And whenever I wanted to lay the chord (Trance)in the pinao row, I need to lay the note one by one (say a 3 notes chord for instance). Correct me if I am wrong that FL studio can lay the chord you specified in one go. So I am asking for suggestion if there is any chord vst can help me lay chords into the piano in one go. And even better, it can suggest some kind of progression will be a plus..

Regards!
Cowby

I thought Cubase7 has some sort of Chord explorer built-in.

You can look at Cthulhu here which I made for similar reasons. It also has a lot of pre-defined chord presets + more in the registered user forum. You can print the material to the piano roll in most hosts (well, basically all, but you have to jump through a hoop or two in Logic or FL).

-Steve

bitcrusher wrote:I thought Cubase7 has some sort of Chord explorer built-in.

You can look at Cthulhu here which I made for similar reasons. It also has a lot of pre-defined chord presets + more in the registered user forum. You can print the material to the piano roll in most hosts (well, basically all, but you have to jump through a hoop or two in Logic or FL).

-Steve
Thanks for your reply and I will have a look at that chord explorer (always overlook).
And will also try that plug you suggested. Thanks!

bTW, am using win7

You can also try Modulys. It can generate chords based on keys and scales.
see http://www.raxntrax.com/modulys

cowby wrote:

-Steve
Thanks for your reply and I will have a look at that chord explorer (always overlook).
And will also try that plug you suggested. Thanks!

bTW, am using win7
The chord track in cubase is really a nice tool. You can play a rhythm in any chord that you want, type in your chord symbols on the chord track, and have the track you just recorded follow the chord track. Instant different chords.

You can use the midi chorder BUILT INTO CUBASE to create chords from just one note. You don't need anything else, you just need to read the cubase manual.

http://www.soundonsound.com/sos/apr10/a ... h_0410.htm

The cubase manual is pretty good, but it's not a "quick read", you have to work at it a bit.

-Steve

Hey, that Cthulhu thing is really nice!
And works great in Studio One.

Demoing right now.

tuzemec wrote:

-Steve
Hey, that Cthulhu thing is really nice!
And works great in Studio One.

Demoing right now.

Studio One 3 has a chorder built in, it's very nice as well, check YouTube for vids...

oh thanks for pulling up my old thread.

xfer cthulhu is great however, do you see any 3rd party preset out there for dance tune that I can use/reference ?

Maybe Autotheory?

http://autotheory.net/

Return to “Instruments”