Tracktion T5 now free!

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Waveform Pro

It'd be nice if there were a captchkomgwtmfhabltchfukkyuverymuch there for them to complain about mismatching.
Wait... loot _then_ burn? D'oh!

DarkStar wrote:^^^^
I used my (very) old account details for the T5-free download page. No need to create another account.

The crashes are probably a dodgy plug-in - can you see how far the scan gets?

Regarding the T7 upgrade:
And, to top off this weekend’s cash saving goodies, we’re opening the full range of T7 upgrade options to anyone who has previously registered a Tracktion product - even the FREE ones. For details on the various T7 packages, see the descriptions below the DAW comparison chart. [Upgrade offer access returns to T5 and T6 on Tuesday, July 26, 2016 PST]
Well, hopefully I can spend some time with T5 before making the call on T7. I'm not sure the upgrade price remains good (perhaps just the ability to upgrade?) but in either case, something fun to try...

It doesn't like many of the new Arturia plugins, scanning was a bit painful. I like the simplicity though, I've been after something simple for the many times I can't be bothered to load cubase or I'm sound designing.

I've just tried to go for the upgrade for $30 and it says:

"Your order contains an upgrade item that has previous purchase requirements. Please remove it to continue."

I am logged in and the T5 order is in my account, has anyone actually bought it?

Tracktion is 32 bit. Maybe that has something to do with the Arturia stuff?
I use the 64 bit, vst3 Arturia stuff with Cubase.

felis wrote:Tracktion is 32 bit.
Yes. But only when its not 64-bit, which it frequently is.
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

It's 64-bit too, you just have to download it from your account page, not sure why they force the 32-bit version when you've ordered. I've just installed the v7 demo, deleted the Disabled Arturia stuff, re-scanned and it seems to have accepted them all. Seems to be just a v5 issue.

I already have an account, but can't find a way to link the T5 to my account.

Go to the T5 page, select"get yours now" and enter your existing account email and password and the other details requested.
DarkStar, ... Interesting, if true
Inspired by ...

I did that but when registering the software, it doesn't work, and T5 doesn't appear in my licence on the website. I know Tractionners will help, and it doesn't hurry to have the licence, but the registering seems to bug with my account.
error T601, you dont have a valid licence for thic product version.

So basically it is the first fully functional free host app without any restrictions, like the number of tracks, number of CPU cores it may use, 32 bit only, etc, isn't? Or some basic functions are still missing?
You may think you can fly ... but you better not try

No Restrictions at all.

The only restriction I found was being able to use it. It does not matter what, it seizes when I try to scan plugins, no matter what format. Deleted already.

jacqueslacouth wrote:The only restriction I found was being able to use it. It does not matter what, it seizes when I try to scan plugins, no matter what format. Deleted already.
but if you restart the scan it will start from the next plugin after the failed one, it was only the Arturia ones that crashed it for me. At least the scan is only something you do once and to be fair cubase has always done this too. For what it's worth the v7 demo is much better at scanning, all happens in it's own thread and doesn't bring tracktion down.

I've been messing with the v7 demo on and off today and it's growing on me a lot

Astralp wrote:
jacqueslacouth wrote:The only restriction I found was being able to use it. It does not matter what, it seizes when I try to scan plugins, no matter what format. Deleted already.
but if you restart the scan it will start from the next plugin after the failed one, it was only the Arturia ones that crashed it for me. At least the scan is only something you do once and to be fair cubase has always done this too. For what it's worth the v7 demo is much better at scanning, all happens in it's own thread and doesn't bring tracktion down.

I've been messing with the v7 demo on and off today and it's growing on me a lot
Yes, if you run scan again, it will continue scanning and after several times, you will notice the failed plugins (in red) in the end of the scan.

The Arturia plugs are 'failed' in Traction v5 I don't know why! Anyway, I've noticed the improvements in v7. There is also a context menu when right click on the tracks, not essential but helpful. However, I couldn't find the 'external hardware' option like in Live or Bitwig. I thought to test my blofeld with it (Tracktion v7).

EnGee wrote:However, I couldn't find the 'external hardware' option like in Live or Bitwig. I thought to test my blofeld with it (Tracktion v7).
Select a blank track and then on the properties panel at the bottom, in the top right is a box called track destination select the midi Out that goes to the Blofeld (must be enabled in settings/midi). You set the midi channel as part of the clip.

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”