Lethal vst?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Lethal

gebz_15 wrote:I have just finished a track using Lethal - mainly the bass line.

https://soundcloud.com/subcityofficial/roll

Let me know what you think.
Besides the baseline are you using anything else from lethal in this track? Can you list specific lethal patches you use here? I like the leads and stuff you have going on. Critically speaking I'd like to hear the track breathe a bit more, it's pretty much all everything all the time and I'd like a little break somewhere. Not bad though.

RFJ wrote:
gebz_15 wrote:I have just finished a track using Lethal - mainly the bass line.

https://soundcloud.com/subcityofficial/roll

Let me know what you think.
Besides the baseline are you using anything else from lethal in this track? Can you list specific lethal patches you use here? I like the leads and stuff you have going on. Critically speaking I'd like to hear the track breathe a bit more, it's pretty much all everything all the time and I'd like a little break somewhere. Not bad though.
Thanks for listening RFJ.
I am using it for the plucks at the vocal parts and maybe a few background leads. The leads are quite close to nexus sounding (which isn't a bad thing). The plucks are really nice and some I haven't heard before. I have another track on the go which is using more Lethal and some of the plucks are amazing.

I am still fighting with the "Hold" function on the ARP and TG tabs. Can anyone explain to me the proper use for it?
I already contacted Lethal Audio but I have the feeling that we talk at cross purposes.

Not sure if anyone following this thread is interested but I've got my Lethal license up in the Marketplace at a reasonable price. Selling only because after putting it through its paces I've decided I prefer the process of making my own sounds over preset selection. It's still a solid product none the less IMHO.

Beat magazine is now giving away free licence of Lethal for those who take out 1 year sub to the mag (costs €60 in Germany, €70 in other countries)

http://www.falkemedia-abo.de/aboservice ... o?pid=F881

Hope they don't run out of licences :P

Lethal gets a two page review and 8/10 rating in latest CM (no 235)

Verdict in short:
"With a bit of work, Lethal could easily score 9, but as it stands, it's still a very good dance music ROMpler with a top-notch library"

Numanoid wrote:Beat magazine is now giving away free licence of Lethal for those who take out 1 year sub to the mag (costs €60 in Germany, €70 in other countries)

http://www.falkemedia-abo.de/aboservice ... o?pid=F881

Hope they don't run out of licences :P
They never run out of licenses every gift under $100 is safe. :D
Whoever wants music instead of noise, joy instead of pleasure, soul instead of gold, creative work instead of business, passion instead of foolery, finds no home in this trivial world of ours.

I am soon to be out of the "claws" of Falkemedia.

When my previous sub ended this January, I thought that was that.

But it turns out that there is some small print (in german) that subscribers need to contact them and cancel the sub, a couple of months in advance of that, so I have to sit out another year.

Kind of annoying though that only first time subscribers get a gift :(

anybody else notice the expansion packs keep getting smaller and smaller? It's like they split the trance xp into two, the pads, and atmos in their own expansion, one less month. Another grief I have is almost every synth and lead sounds has a weird "after taste" that you can hear when playing repeated notes like the presets weren't produced in a smooth and fine manner.

I can't see info about the expansion packs stated on their webpage?

https://www.lethalaudio.com/

Can somebody state which packs has been released so far, would be interesting to know.

X01 HIP HOP (2.5 GB)
X02 EDM (2.2 GB)
X03 TRANCE (2.5 GB)
X04 AMBIENCE & CINEMATIC (751.5 MB)
X05 COMMERCIAL (1.3 GB)

Next should be out this week.

Thanks for the info :)

The original lib is of 5GB, the expansions adds almost 10GB then, that is rather good !

Those buying Lethal now, will get these expansion packs included plus the ones that will be issued in the future?

Numanoid wrote:Those buying Lethal now, will get these expansion packs included plus the ones that will be issued in the future?
I'm quite positive that you would get them.

Do you think they are doing a christmas sale or something?

Yes they are -- 20% off right now. I think it is a decent VSTI, and a pricetag of $159 is pretty fair for what it offers.

I can't say that it is my favourite instrument in my arsenal of VSTIs, but it does have it's own appeal. Some really nice patches included, and an elegant UI for quick edits.

The free library expansions are a mixed bag though. Definitely room for improvement there.

Return to “Instruments”